INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying A Large List of Playlists in playlist sequence order  (Read 891 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

I have hundreds of playlists and would like to display the songs in them in a view scheme (all at once) and print them.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how to display a group of playlists as follows (see below).  MC12 seems to have limited ability to use the playlist sequence # and the playlist name itself.  I can click on the playlist group and have a scheme that includes all songs in the numerious playlists, but I don't seem to be able to get them to sort in playlist sequence order within the indivdiual playlists.  I have created two tag fields that identify the playlists, but I also haven't been able to figure out how to use them to create the results I want.  Since there are hundreds of playlists, printing them one at a time is not practical (I can get any single playlist to display fine).

Playlist 1
   song 1
   song 2

Playlist 2
    song 1
    song 2

etc.
John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Displaying A Large List of Playlists in playlist sequence order
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:16:13 pm »

You can select all the playlist at once in the tree (shift/ctrl+click), then drag them to the player area at the top of the program and pick "Play".

Playing Now will have an ordered list of all the playlists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jack wallstreet

Re: Displaying A Large List of Playlists in playlist sequence order
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:32 pm »

Thanks Matt, That kind of works.  If I may, a couple of questions/seeming limitations:

- That approach, at least the way I am doing it, has the effect of activating the first playlist I click on.  So that playlist then gets modified to add every song in the other playlists in the group I have clicked on. 

- Also while the songs all are in the correct order, the number is continuous, the numbering doesn't reset when the playlist changes (probably because it is treated as one big playlist)?

Did I do something wrong here?
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up