INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod sync problem  (Read 1595 times)

townsma

• Recent member
iPod sync problem
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:05:53 am »

I have always filled my iPod using the iTunes software, which whilst basic, is reliable. Because my music collection has grown, I needed to convert my MP3's to get them onto my 30GB iPod. So I purchased your software.

I spent 4 hours making a playlist to sync with the iPod. I then set it running to sync. 4 hours into a 5 hour transfer your program throws an error, closes itself, and corrupts the iPod so it shows 25Gb or "other" files on it, but no sign of any music or anything. So I use the iTunes to reset the device to it's factory settings, as that seems to be the only way to recover the lost space.

I then try the sync again, this time it got four and a half hours into the transfer, and did exactly the same thing. I now have only one hour before I must leave on a two week sales trip, and no time to fill my iPod.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod sync problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:08:24 am »

Please try a smaller sync.

Try updating to the latest version.  What are you using?

Try updating your iPod firmware.

townsma

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 07:43:29 am »

iTunes can handle syncs of this size with no problem, so why can't your product?

Latest version of Media Centre, downloaded yesterday.

Latest firmware in iPod, also downloaded yesterday.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 08:06:58 am »

iTunes can handle syncs of this size with no problem, so why can't your product?
I don't know, but it's possible iTunes is still hanging onto the device.

Here's what Apple says for similar problems (step 4 -- the five R's)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 11:09:50 am »

The issue isn't with the sync ability of MC12.  I just finished an overnight (~10-12 hour) sync of 6800+ tracks - many of which MC12 had to convert from APE to MP3.  The sync usually runs faster, but I had lost my cache directory so it had to rebuild all of the MP3s.  The suggestion for using smaller syncs was so that you could troubleshoot the cause without waiting for 4-5 hours per attempt.  If a smaller sync works then you know the sync process itself is working fine on your system, and the problem exists somewhere else.  It sounds like you are transcoding the data (from large to small MP3), you may have an issue with a corrupt track that is causing the crash.  Loading the ipod in manageable chunks will help determine what it doesn't like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up