INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying select audio files to another computer  (Read 898 times)

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Copying select audio files to another computer
« on: August 04, 2007, 02:37:57 am »

Hi MC gurus,

I'm trying to copy select audio files from one computer to another in a semi automated way. I've created a custom field in my audio tracks and I want every track that has a value in that field to be copied another computer. I want the files to copy into the same folder structure that's below \My Music. It's easy to create a smartlist with all of those tracks but if I drag the files from MC to the \My Music folder on the second PC, all of the files end up in a single folder (instead of \[Artist]\[Album]\[Artist] - [Track Name].mp3).

I thought that maybe I could use library synching but I can't figure out how to maintain a library that only imports tracks that have a value in my custom field.

Are there any other ways (via MC or other synching software), which you can suggest to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Ozmael..

P.S. I'm using Ableton Live (http://www.ableton.com/) to DJ and Ableton creates .ASD files along side any MP3 files that I DJ with. Essentially, I'm trying to move those MP3 files along with the associated .ASD files to a second laptop which I take out. It's easy to copy the .ASD files but I can't figure out how to copy only select MP3 files.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Copying select audio files to another computer
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:03:37 am »

Try to create a handheld with the folder you want your files to be copied. The only disadvantage is that the dir structure will not be exactly the same, but at least with the artis/album folders.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:22:16 am »

I thought that maybe I could use library synching but I can't figure out how to maintain a library that only imports tracks that have a value in my custom field.
The handheld sync might work.  Try setting up your laptop as a portable device.

ozmael

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 02:15:38 am »

Using device sync worked perfectly! Thank you.

I religiously keep my tracks organised on the HD using [Album Artist]\[Album] so it was no problem using device sync to match the folders on the desktop to the laptop.

Thanks for your help.

Ozmael..
Pages: [1]   Go Up