INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actual File Size (smartlist obi-WANs)  (Read 678 times)

JONCAT

Actual File Size (smartlist obi-WANs)
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:09:11 pm »

~nodup=[Dimensions],[File Size]

...still returns multiple files with the same criteria listed above.

Furthermore, I have (4) files:

all 8.2kB but unique dimensions, and after running the ~nodup expression above, one of these is removed. Why?

I have tried the ~dup function and that seems to work okay; it lists all files that are dups according to specified criteria.

I want to isolate and list one copy of files that have dups according to Dimensions & File Size (just as stated in the expression list in the help file). As far as I can tell ....I'm doing something really backwards or this isn't working. I'm leaning towards the latter since I have tested with just [Dimensions] (this works okay) & File Size (nope doesn't work) because MC is not accurately reporting file size:[/s]

For two files that MC reports as having the exact same File Size in the Library they have different 'actual' file Size in Windows Explorer; Size On Disk is identical in Windows Explorer and that is what MC is importing into the File Size field BUT MC realizes that the exact same two .jpgs are technically not duplicates because of a 2 Byte difference, which means it doesn't work as a duplicate smartlist criterion.

What happens is that the same .jpg, tagged to CD1-4 of a set results in small differences in file size. MC accordingly doesn't report this nuance as it rounds out the file size to make it readable, but technically the information in the field is not correct. This doesn't really matter because MC is looking at the actual byte count...I'm screwed because of the minor differences in these otherwise identical files.

I didn't see an option in Smartlist editor to create an expression that would enable me to specify File Size Within = 5 bytes. Is this possible?

DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up