INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video conversion and some other ipod Stuff  (Read 1557 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
video conversion and some other ipod Stuff
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:20:04 am »

maybe i missed that in the last builds but i noticed that MC now supports video conversion to ipod format  :)

big thanks

...but why do MC convert already iPod formats  ? it starts to convert my mp4 podcast  >:( when conversion is "ON"

also, i know it's been asked for, but it would really help if there is a possibility to fix the iPod tag "TV Show", since it's
the only way to group videos (expect for PL) on the iPod if you only want them to show up under videos...

now the "fix" is like this, transfer videos to ipod, then "enter" it via Itunes and change video type from Movie to TV Show
and fill in correct show

also some music files are always deleted on synch and then resynched even they have not been touched...dont understand this either  :-\

...anyway i start to like my ipod, it's like a love and hate relationship...but i find it very hard to understand why it has becoming so popular since there so many features lacking...stupid me to buy something that was popular and not checked the facts  :-[  ....but thanks to MC it's quite alright anyway  :)

MT5FR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: video conversion and some other ipod Stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:48:03 am »

...but why do MC convert already iPod formats  ? it starts to convert my mp4 podcast  >:( when conversion is "ON"
It sounds like a bug.

also, i know it's been asked for, but it would really help if there is a possibility to fix the iPod tag "TV Show", since it's
the only way to group videos (expect for PL) on the iPod if you only want them to show up under videos...
I don't understand what you are asking for.  A change?

now the "fix" is like this, transfer videos to ipod, then "enter" it via Itunes and change video type from Movie to TV Show
and fill in correct show

also some music files are always deleted on synch and then resynched even they have not been touched...dont understand this either 
What version of MC do you use?

...anyway i start to like my ipod, it's like a love and hate relationship...but i find it very hard to understand why it has becoming so popular since there so many features lacking...stupid me to buy something that was popular and not checked the facts    ....but thanks to MC it's quite alright anyway  :)
;D

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:58:09 am »

I don't understand what you are asking for.  Change?

There is an "ipod Tag" called "TV Show", but when you set that tag in MC's field sub media type it does not show up
on the ipod... This tag has never worked

...and i'm using MC 12.301
MT5FR

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:01:17 pm »

also some music files are always deleted on synch and then resynched even they have not been touched...dont understand this either  :-\

let me rephrase that, this occurs with some pods
example of course  :)

maybe it's because there is a difference in the tag media sub type...but facts are, there are no tags in that field
i never set anything in that field regarding podcasts  ?

so MC wants to sync these files everytime  :-X
..i did reset the ipod but that did not help

anyway...if you have time to look into it, please do that  :) but the other issues are more important to fix.. :D
MT5FR

dtabuenc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 02:35:16 pm »

I am having the same problem with MC 12 403 Where Podcasts that are in mp4 format are converted, and I can't play them in either ipod or itunes after the conversion. Is this a confirmed bug?
Pages: [1]   Go Up