INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.308  (Read 4686 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.308
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:54:12 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120308.exe

12.0.308 (08/17/07)

1. NEW: Pix01 slideshow templates.  Select under options.  (Old slideshow maps to Slideshow Gray.)
2. NEW: Pix01 slideshow templates convert video to .flv.  Flash player included on page.

12.0.307 (08/16/07)

1. Fixed: Smartlist "notes" field (on set notes from smartlist) no longer shows empty lines for complex rules.
2. Fixed: Mp3 ID3v2 tags: Changing a tag, or update tags from the library could corrupt tags when the original tags were ID3v2.4 and at least one of the tags was longer than 127 characters.
3. Fixed: GalleryCreator (pix01) was not escaping &'s in the JSON string.
4. Fixed: DVD VOB files not playing on D-Link UPnP device.
5. Fixed: Switching libraries could clear a DVD bookmark.
6. NEW: More improvements to JRiver video codec compression and performance.

12.0.306 (08/15/07)

1. Changed: Reduced the number of digital TV signal strength updates on TV Channels/Scan Channels configuration windows, to reduce resource use during digital TV channel setup.
2. Fixed: The correct value of "Time-shifting window" was not displayed on "TV Configuration" after the user made a change to it (the default value of 5 hours was always displayed). Introduced recently.
3. Changed: Merged Podcast downloads with the Download tree item.
4. Fixed: Random Gallery filenames were only sorta random.
5. Fixed: RAW file time now localized.

12.0.305 (08/13/07)

1. NEW: Many improvements to JRiver video codec. (motion compensation, improved entropy coding, etc. -- still a work in progress)

12.0.304 (08/10/07)

1. Fixed: Could not play digital TV with "Start digital TV in time-shifting mode" option on. Introduced in build 303.
2. Changed: More video output sizes are available for selection when creating a custom recording profile for analog TV.

12.0.303 (08/09/07)

1. Fixed: A grammar error in TV channel scanning dialog text.
2. Changed: Internal Podcast changes.
3. Changed: TV time-shifting files are uniquely named using TV station name and time, just like in recording.
4. Changed: TV time-shifting file *.jts is automatically imported into MC upon start of time-shifting.
5. Fixed: Wrong progress bar size in dvd rip action window.
6. Fixed: Download queue could be created from a worker thread which caused problems.
7. Fixed: Analog TV recording profile's audio compression settings were not honored in time-shifiting (this is applicable only to certain analog TV devices).
8. Changed: TV will no longer try to set an audio recording level when recording or time-shifting (unless the recording level happens to be zero). Applicable only to certain TV tuner devices.
9. Fixed: mms streams handling improved.
10. Fixed: Image of device in the handheld view could be blank.

12.0.302 (08/07/07)

1. Changed: Internal Podcast changes.
2. NEW: TV will automatically shutdown recording or time-shifting when disk space runs low.
3. NEW: MC will clean up any time-shifting files left on disk in previous sessions upon startup.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.308
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:27:19 pm »

I may have found a bug.  I usually import my Video folder by simply dragging it to MC's Video View Scheme.  In the new 308, it doesn't import when I do so.  When I downgraded to 301 it worked again.

In regards to my video importing bug, I noticed that MC only crashes with auto-import on that folder.  Dragging the folder to MC doesn't crash MC.

albertbidon

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:53:22 am »

Since I have installed the version .308, I can not do more the shell integration. Media center does not appear in the contextual menu

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:15:30 am »

Since I have installed the version .308, I can not do more the shell integration. Media center does not appear in the contextual menu
reboot

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:46:59 am »

The bug with the Enhanced Video Renderer & resizing (IE. Going to/ from full-screen or showing the menus, so that the displayed picture gets resized) causing video artifacts is still there.

-Leezer-

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 12:31:55 pm »

In .308, MC12 seems to be ignoring custom Podcast Tag Properties, particularly modifications to the directory.  Though, I think others may be affected as well.

EDIT: Even after restoring everything to the <DEFAULT> states, I'm still having podcasts ending up in the wrong places and being named in peculiar ways.  It seems to be trying to name them [TRACK#]-[ARTIST] -[TITLE], which is not what I have set.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 06:45:15 pm »

Hi,

Just about to install 308, but I can't see anything in the release notes referring to this behaviour which I find odd, and have only just noticed, I am sure it is perculiar and possibly new/not-as-designed.. but I could be wrong..

if you are selecting an artist (by double clicking to start play - default setting, replace playing now and start play - the tracks are listed in playing now Track 1 of album 1, track 1 of album 2, where album 1 and album 2 are listed alphabetically, not by album number or year of release.

is this as intended?

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:56:11 pm »

Hi,

Just about to install 308, but I can't see anything in the release notes referring to this behaviour which I find odd, and have only just noticed, I am sure it is perculiar and possibly new/not-as-designed.. but I could be wrong..

if you are selecting an artist (by double clicking to start play - default setting, replace playing now and start play - the tracks are listed in playing now Track 1 of album 1, track 1 of album 2, where album 1 and album 2 are listed alphabetically, not by album number or year of release.

is this as intended?

Rich

MC will preserve the sorting from whatever started the playback.  You can set just about any view in MC to use any sorting you like, so tune it there and you'll be set.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 06:55:10 am »

2. Fixed: Mp3 ID3v2 tags: Changing a tag, or update tags from the library could corrupt tags when the original tags were ID3v2.4 and at least one of the tags was longer than 127 characters.

Does this also fix this issue with updates to the comment tag corrupting existing comment tags (such as soundcheck info) ?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:16:29 am »

In .308, MC12 seems to be ignoring custom Podcast Tag Properties, particularly modifications to the directory.  Though, I think others may be affected as well.

EDIT: Even after restoring everything to the <DEFAULT> states, I'm still having podcasts ending up in the wrong places and being named in peculiar ways.  It seems to be trying to name them [TRACK#]-[ARTIST] -[TITLE], which is not what I have set.

only way to fix that is to go back to old MC version and restore a "untouched" library...this has happend beforer..thanks
for telling me
MT5FR

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:39 am »

I reverted to the old .301 software, but did not restore an old library and everything seems to be working fine now.  I haven't noticed it misbehaving any longer.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 08:24:08 am »

Media Center does not crash very often on me, but when it has at least 90% of the time I have been tagging FLAC files.
Most all of those have been while using the "Paste Cover Art From Clipboard" command.
This does happen frequently enough however for me to report it here.

Update: when MC crashes applying cover art to a flac file I notice
1- the crash appears to occur while writing the image into the file tags
2- the album still appears in the MC library, but when selecting "Locate File on Disc (within MC)" it says that the files do not exis
3- some of the files are no longer in the library and need to be re-imported, doing so sometimes causes a duplicate of the "new file" and the "missing file" and the new file to have been named with a (1) at the end of the filename.
4- Strangest of all; using "Add Cover Art From File" works flawlessly using the same files and art as "Paste From Clipboard" crashes from.
I hope this helps track it down.

I take back #4, it does not work flawlessly (although appeared to for a while) but also crashes.
And this time Media Center is still running in the Task Manager and cannot be forced closed.
It is also hogging up 97,760K of ram! memory leak??
. . . the game is rigged

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 11:14:39 am »

On Vista Home Premium, if the album has multiple artists per track mp3 then the album comes up missing under the Media Center Album Artist (Auto) pane.
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 09:25:40 pm »

A bug of sorts
- Vista 2 screen setup
- Open DSP studio on the 2nd screen (ie not "primary")
- Close it
- Close MC if you like
- Swap the position of the secondary monitor (ie drag it in the windows display settings to the other side of the primary monitor)
- Open MC if you closed it
- Open DSP studio, wants to appear where the monitor used to be.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 07:15:20 pm »

ok, so this really just keeps getting stranger.
this is in relation to my previous report of cover art not "taking" when pasted in intermittantly.
the reply i recieved was "just wait, it takes time to refresh". while i assumed this was correct at the time, turns out.. no, not so much.
Now im seeing something else odd , some of the files that dont take are ones that dont have tags already created. By that i mean that if i have an album with 10 songs, and the first 8 are lableld and tagged correctly, but the last 2 have the songs file name in the title field and the others are blank as if all the tags were balnk on import, when i tell it to paste cover art to the album, the first 8 work fine and the last 2 are completely ignored. if i then go in and change the genre from blank to anything and re paste the cover art, it works fine.
I also have a number of files that i will tell to clear the cover art,watch it do this, the image window will diplay the message indicating not art is present, then paste in new art, and while it waits to save changes i see the correct art in the image window. But once its saves, the image window displays "various internal images". This may not be a bug with MC per se, it might be tag corruption, but i didnt see it before upgrading to the dev builds, and clearing the image first should fix tag corruption no?. Id be willing (exstatic in fact) to let you guys terminal into my box and take a look at this , or provide you with files that display this odd behaviour. Just let me know how i can help you get the info you need!

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 08:29:02 am »

There are fields for that: keywords, comments, notes, etc.  You may be better off keeping information like that in another field.  I know the default for CD info is to put it in the artist and that's okay because most users don't want extra fields...however, they are there for a reason.  I, personally, tend to put information like that in the Name and just put less of it in anyway because it messes things up.  I like everything as clean, short, and simple as possible.

For the allow fields to be cut for long values...I think the overall maximum length should be allowed as long as the size of MC is large enough.  Right now, I have quite a bit of free space on the right (I don't show filenames, etc.) yet lots of Names are cut off even with all the extra space.
Pages: [1]   Go Up