INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360 and J River Media Center  (Read 6022 times)

noxman

Xbox 360 and J River Media Center
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »

Hi, I came accross a post on google from someone stating that the J River Media Center can stream videos to their xbox 360 using UPNP. I've attempted to configure this without any luck.

Does anyone know if this can be accomplished? If so could you please post the required steps.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Xbox 360 and J River Media Center
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:42:07 am »

Did you try a search here?  I'm not sure whether it's been reported.  gateley is our developer.  Search his old posts.

You can try changing the options for UPnP.

noxman

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 04:15:42 pm »

Ya tried the search, nothing really that relates to the xbox. I also tried a few of the UPNP options, no luck.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:24:18 pm »

I know this one is old but doesn't seem to be much interest in the community getting this working. Not sure if it should be bumped on MC13 as it was only casually mentioned as a feature request but is this really a feature? I was holding out to buy 13 if it supported the 360 but the great price this week made it a no brainer.

I wouldn't want to miss direct the MC team but is there going to be a poll some place on the MC13 request that would list this as one of the features or could there be a poll done on this category? I tend to find I want stuff no one else does and would like to know so I could sell my 360 at the coming christmas season.

I bought an XBOX 360 because there was one game I wanted to play (Halo 3) but sure would like an excuse to keep it as a media player. I have the XBOX 1 w/XBMC and the UPnP served from MC12 is awesome and lets me play my video playlists as well as the music. I can't do that with Tversity and do not want to manage two UPnP servers. The XBMC on XBOX 1 is a little much to maintain and based on old hardware. I like the 360 over some of the others on the support list because it can play games as well as DVDs. I had a horible experience with the Dlink 320 playing video and I could never go back to that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up