INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Further Theater View Font Size Enhancement  (Read 1127 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Further Theater View Font Size Enhancement
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:08 pm »

I would appreciate it very much if we could set the font size to values other than 12.  I really like the non-bold font now, and it really helps, but I would like the proportion of font-size TO thumbnails to be decreased.  If I start changing the overall percentage (or ctrl + scroll) of theater view, it increases the thumbnails and font.  I think the font size increases at too great of a rate.  So if the user set 11, it could increase at a lower rate...10 even lower, etc.

I just want large thumbnails with smaller text than I can achieve right now.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Further Theater View Font Size Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:49:59 am »

I just want large thumbnails with smaller text than I can achieve right now.

Same here.

Another example: I don't like the impact wrapping text can have on thumbnail size too. This was introduced fairly recently. It turns small thumbs into tiny ones. It also looks inconsistent, ie, some thumbs appear much smaller than others.

It would also be good if when drilling down to the file level, a really big thumb could be shown. This would be especially useful for DVD libraries - similar to how MS Media Center does it. Then under this, you could add custom fields like director comments, actor info etc.. etc... There's so much wasted space there that could be put to better use!

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 02:49:01 am »

i would also appreciate this very much.  :)

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:14:38 am »

The goal is to get the text for a specific piece of content to fit on a single line so the thumbnail is not downsized.  If the font is smaller compared to the thumbnails, it provides multiple areas of help:

Text is not as wide because of the smaller font, so more can fit on a line
We would likely increase the thumbnail size further than we do now because the text would be more appropriately sized
Thumbnails would be more consistent

IF the font was set absolutely, specifically the SIZE, then resizing theater view could ONLY change the thumbnail size.  That would work for me.  Otherwise, what I said earlier--just lower the ratio if size 11 was used.  Further lower the ratio if 10 was used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up