INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wii? Oui?  (Read 1526 times)

smilinjim

Wii? Oui?
« on: September 18, 2007, 11:43:50 pm »

My main question is if Media Center supports the Nintendo Wii?

Wii does not look like a UPNP device, however I see other streaming media software offerings, apparently making use of connectivity via web browser, it seems.  [so far as I know, as to date, an ignorant putz, in this area].

I'd like to put ripped songs on the desktop PC with biggest hard drive, (XP Pro), could call "server", wired-ethernet to router.  [Later hope for real server].  Laptop and Wii have wireless networking, wi-fi "g".  Sansa player USB/SD card upload.

Just finally sorted out ripping with dbPowerAmp, incl. CLI and multi-encoder, to FLAC and latest Lame MP3, at same time, options & tags rigged, totally easy for wife, (it's her little MP3 player).  I think on ripping, I'm good.

Laptop is son's, not big storage, no iPod yet, he wants to play files around house, (different rooms, output to stereos, etc.)  Just got Wii, sorting out Wi-Fi (different sucko story with routers).  Only file able to download and install so far was Opera-based Internet Channel, through which I've read TVersity, Orb, "Wii Media Center", AjaxAMP to WinAmp, etc. will stream media from networked PC's and Internet, as we hope to do to ours.

Just found several apps for creating junction links / reparse points for virtual folders.  Want one directory for  file "database", then easy folder shortcut pointers in profiles of wife and son to find and play files in media players.  From reading first post encountered about JRiver Media Center on forum, appears very suited for facilitating this "serving" of files, though seems some questions re. database accessible to several PC's smoothly, particularly if not UPNP.

Want particularly to know if JRiver's Media Center will stream to Wii, please.  (Searched Forum, [and 'Net]).  If so, easy way for us to play to TV and stereo.  Otherwise, may not be best solution for us, despite other nice features; other apps perform most functions, though not as suite.  Thanks! 

ps. I did look under "supported devices", without finding it.  It does seem, (and I was hoping), through similar functionality and nature, it may work as some supported devices do you list, and maybe as it does for other streaming apps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wii? Oui?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:42:59 am »

My main question is if Media Center supports the Nintendo Wii?
Not so far as wii no.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 10:10:21 am »

I read smilingim's first sentence and then Jim's.  Done.

I have a tendency to go on and on (and on) and then get off topic.  I apologize for every time I wiint off topic.

damian_pentney

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:28:58 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up