INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring with Windows Vista  (Read 790 times)

margiemorgan

Restoring with Windows Vista
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:22:12 pm »

Just got a new computer and I needed to restore Media 12 on it.  I have my registration code.  When I go to the restore page (thru Firefox) and I put in the code I get this:
JRiver, Inc. Media Center 12
--begin-product-info--
Vendor:JRiver, Inc.
Product:Media Center
Version:12
I don't know what to do with this information.  I am just stuck in a circle because it never downloads anything to let my program know that I have purchased the product.  Can you help?

Thanks

Margie

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Restoring with Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:34:36 pm »

It's the license code. You are not supposed to publish it. Please remove the code immediately from your post (you can edit the post).

You should be able to right-click the code link and save the code file locallly before running it. Alternatively you can find the same code file attached with the e-mail the restore page sends to you.

You must have MC12 installed before running the code file.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:16:46 pm »

Try using IE to visit the restore page.

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 08:18:30 am »

I got that as well couple of days ago on a new Vista machine.
You should be able to right-click the code link and save the code file locallly before running it.
This didn't work since the file is sent to you after you filled in a a form (if I remember right). But I took the filename from an old licence file, created a new text document, pasted the above text into it and renamed the file to the old licence name, ran that one and it worked.

If my memory serves me right, I believe that Firefox shows the file as text because of the Default program settings in Vista. If you set it to "Non-Microsoft" instead of "Custom", then it should work.

Or....you could wait for the confirmation e-mail with the file attached... :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up