INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to properly create a subset of a library?  (Read 705 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to properly create a subset of a library?
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:49:09 am »

I would like to create a subset of my image library for a number of friends. My image library contains 38'000 images while the subset will have about 18'000 images.

The idea is to make dvd's that contains a copy of MC12, the image files, the library files, maybe the thumbnail library and a registry file to set some initial values in MC12.

The procedure should be as simple as possible such as:

1. Copy all files from dvd to a specific place on a pc such as C:\Media
2. Installation of a Trial Version of MediaCenter12 (no Betas)
3. Configure MediaCenter12 automatically.
4. If those friends like the whole setup, they would buy their own copy of MC12 with their own credit cards.

Ideally it would be a 3 steps procedure:
1. Create a library subset
2. Burn A DVD
3. A Silent install of MC12 that sets up everything right away. (A simple library restore does not set up the whole Media Center 12 as many configuration items are still stored in the registry, example: Image-Playback Caption entry, View Settings. )

4. Whenever I update the library subset I would be able to send them new files for import.

To create a library subset (on the same pc) I looked at the features handheld sync and library sync, but I am not sure if one of the two is really working. As far as I can see "Handheld sync" only copies files but no library, while "library sync" can only copy the whole library and no subsets.

So far I do not see any way to do a predefined silent install of MC12.

Any suggestions and ideas of what can be done and what not? Thank you for contributing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up