INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.358  (Read 8506 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.358
« on: October 27, 2007, 04:08:41 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120358.exe

12.0.358 (10/26/07)

1. Fixed: File location options would not show.
2. Changed: Nicer error dialog when DVD playback fails. Includes link to purchase dvd decoders.
3. Fixed: On some devices "Save album art to Folder.jpg" wasn't working.
4. NEW: Added stream selection (audio tracks and subtitles) support for mkv videos.

12.0.357 (10/25/07)

1. Changed: Downloaded installer executable now contains high quality icon used in the rest of the program.
2. Fixed: FTP-based online features were not working properly.
3. Changed: Media is determined to be a podcast if one or both of the following are true:
            a) It has a MediaSubType of 'Podcast'
            b) It has an Episode (Feed) URL
4. Changed: Czech language translation updated. (thanks Johnny B!)
5. Fixed: Moving folders around deep inside the "My Computer" area of the program looks and works nicer. (previously selection, expansion & scroll could be lost with some moves)
6. Fixed: Audiobooks always wanted to re-sync to iPods.

12.0.356 (10/24/07)

1. Fixed: Add playlist buttons weren't showing up at the root of "Playlists" in the tree.
2. Fixed: Library server would fail to play streams.
3. Fixed: iPod always wants to resync podcast episodes already on the device.
4. Fixed: Updates from CDPlayer.ini were not working.
5. Changed: Tuned radio adaption algorithm.

12.0.355 (10/23/07)

1. Fixed: Possible crashes from internal changes. (introduced in build 354)
2. [NEXT BUILD] Fixed: iPod always wants to resync podcast episodes already on the device.

12.0.354 (10/22/07)

1. Changed: Sorting applied to a smartlist view gets saved inside the smarlist's search so that order will be preserved when transferring to a device or playing on a UPnP (or similar) device.
2. Fixed: Text in visualizations was not working properly.
3. Changed: Radio will advance nicely if it picks a file that was not playable.
4. Optimized: Radio is much faster at choosing the next track -- especially with large libraries.
5. Changed: Radio is less likely to play two songs by the same artist in a row.

12.0.353 (10/19/07)

1. Changed: Servers that incorrectly use text/html as the mime type for their ASX playlists will now be playable with Open URL...
2. Fixed: FLAC plugins were not included in the last few builds.
3. Fixed: Options was not properly allowing typing.
4. Fixed: Switching from freeform -> slim -> Ctrl+2 (toggle back) wouldn't work well.
5. Fixed: DVD cover art retrieval was broken.
6. Fixed: Certain DVD's could cause a crash during ripping.
7. Changed: DVD cover art is now retrieved during analysis of a new DVD disc (depending on option setting "get cover art").
8. Fixed: Facebook uploader would wedge in the thread queue.
9. Fixed: More facebook error handling.
10. Fixed: Facebook location and description were swapped on album creation.
11. Fixed: Some invalid characters removed from gallery names.

12.0.352 (10/18/07)

1. Changed: Radio will be less likely to play files that were recently played or skipped.
2. Changed: Radio now works two possible ways:
            1) Pick "Radio" from Menu > Player > Radio -- it will create a new radio station and adapt the station as you listen.
            OR
            2) Pick any number of seed files and pick Right-Click > Send To > Play > Play (as radio).
3. Fixed: Mini skins could crash.
4. Fixed: Column headers on lists would not always draw correctly.
5. Fixed: Smartlist editor didn't nicely handle [Date]=[].
6. NEW: Bitrate monitor support for TV in time-shifting.
7. Fixed: When starting and stopping playback of the same song, some visualizations would not update properly.
8. Fixed: last.fm plugin would disable itself during each install.
9. Fixed: XMP tagging didn't nicely handle international characters. (could cause tags to fail to be written / read)
10. Fixed: Entering or leaving Party Mode while background tools were running could cause a crash.
11. Fixed: Running TV options while TV was already playing did not work correctly (settings were not saved, and other problems).
12. Changed: Improved handling for stopping tools (burning, podcasting, etc.) for shutdown and library switches, including how confirmation is handled.
13. Fixed: Potential crash in Podcasts while setting favorites.
14. NEW: Simple image to Facebook uploader added to right click->Send To->Email/Web->Facebook.
15. Changed: Auto-import will not remove broken links if more than 10% of the library is broken links. (so it won't immediately "fix" a library restore pointing to old paths)

12.0.351 (10/17/07)

1. NEW: The bitrate monitor filter is applied to DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Seeking in TV time-shifting would not work if time-shifting had been running for longer than the "time-shifting window".
3. NEW: Added "Radio" mode to player under Menu > Player > Radio.
   This builds a virtual radio station of music from your library.
   Playing or skipping songs acts as voting and changes how the radio station will pick coming songs.
   "Radio" uses the playing song as the station starting seed if something was playing. (if nothing was playing, it uses the whole library)

Not released to the public.

12.0.349 (10/16/07)

1. Changed: The Podcast system is not so aggressive about creating directories.
2. Fixed: Podcasts, and possibly handheld items, were not downloading properly (introduced in 12.0.348)
3. Fixed: A podcast temp file could be deleted before tagging and copying to the final destination were complete.
4. Fixed: Some podcasts would be rejected because they were too different than their expected lengths.
5. Changed: Double-clicking a channel in TV Tuner view no longer jumps to fullscreen automatically.
6. Fixed: Multi-threaded string usage could be slower than necessary.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 12.0.358
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 04:10:08 pm »

12.0.348 (10/15/07)

1. Fixed: Possible crash during multi-threaded string usage. (like when double-clicking a complicated smartlist in the tree)
2. Fixed: Floating point numbers now are formatted according to locale.

12.0.347 (10/13/07)

1. Fixed: iPods would not be properly identified.
2. Fixed: Bitrate Monitor filter did not work with DirectVobSub.

12.0.346 (10/12/07)

1. Fixed: Possible burning / ripping crash.
2. NEW: Added ts to supported DirectShow video playback types.
3. Fixed: Possible crashes on shutdown.

12.0.345 (10/11/07)

1. NEW: JPEG files will write out changed XMP metadata.
2. Changed: Bitrate monitor filter becomes optional (selected by default). You can select or de-select it on the filter selection window just as other filters.
3. Fixed: The Haali Media Splitter did not play well with our new Bitrate monitor filter.
4. Changed: Analog TV's video control settings are now stored in a tuner-device-specific location.
5. Fixed: Floating point numbers have a 0 prepended if needed.
6. NEW: File->Open URL allows Web Media options.
7. Fixed: Sporadic crashes due to recent internal changes.

Not released to the public.

12.0.343 (10/10/07)

1. Changed: Internal changes to how strings are handled. (should be internal change only, but please report any problems)
2. Fixed: Podcasts weren't sorting correctly on iPods because we didn't transfer Date Published.
4. NEW: GPS Fields added (from jpeg exif's): Latitude, Longitide, Altitude, Direction.
4. NEW: DirectShow filter to monitor audio and video streams for bitrate data dynamically during DirectShow video playback.
5. Changed: (Reversing the change made a few builds ago) MC no longer disrupt current playback in active zone when the user clicks "TV Tuner" tree item to display channels list, or when the user clicks the Options button without having already started playing a channel.
6. Fixed: Playlists weren't sorting alphabetically on iPods.
7. Changed: Counter(...) expression function takes an optional start index. (starts at 1 if not provided)
8. Changed: Counter(...) expression function takes an optional increment value as the second parameter. (increments by 1 if not provided)

12.0.342 (10/08/07)

1. Changed: Rebuild of code base.

12.0.341 (10/05/07)

1. Fixed: Deinterlace filter configuration in TV did not work (asserting the deinterlace filter could not be used when it really could) with devices that have only video capture pin but no video preview pin.
2. Fixed: TV channel list did not refresh when user switched zones.
3. Changed: Merged in experimental branch.
4. Fixed: When editing MC options for a specific zone, the TV options for the active zone was edited, instead of the intended zone.
5. Changed: TV Options window's title is now zone-specific, namely "TV Options - Zone n".
6. Updated: Updated Pix01 Slideshow XXX templates.
7. Fixed: Podcasts from deleted feeds could still appear in the sync list.

12.0.340 (10/04/07)

1. Updated: Updated Pix01 Slideshow XXX templates.
2. Changed: Revamped Frequency Override dialog in TV. It is simpler to use and allows skinning.
3. Changed: Added more description to ATSC vs. DVB-T selection.
4. Fixed: Program was hanging when evaluating Podcasts.
5. Fixed: Could not configure audio compression in TV recording profiles for certain devices.
6. Fixed: Under heavy multi-threaded usage, server plugins could incorrectly terminate a connection.
7. Changed: Added artwork for podcasts and videos to iPod transfers.
8. Changed: Removed default MC artwork for missing album art in iPod transfers.

12.0.339 (10/03/07)

1. Fixed: Progress bar is updated during video conversion for handheld.
2. Changed: Added a couple advanced library server options.
3. Fixed: Action window problems for phone-type devices.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:15:10 pm »

This version has a new feature called "Radio MC".  It can automatically add songs to Playing Now, starting with a track you select or starting without one selected.

Select a track, right click, send to, Radio Play.

See this thread (moved from the beta board) for more details:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42914.0

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 04:30:29 pm »

Edbro -- I split your post to a new thread.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 04:45:16 pm »

1. Changed: Downloaded installer executable now contains high quality icon used in the rest of the program.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:20:09 pm »

On October 8 I posted:
12.0.334:
4. NEW: Multiple TV tuner/video capture devices can be loaded/played in different zones. Now users can play one channel in one zone while recording another channel in a different zone.
I don't know what this means but I know one thing fore sure: TV doesn't work anymore for me. All my channels are gone and MC doesn't detect tv-tuner devices anymore.
I rolled back to build 12.0.332 and all is working again as it should.

On October 11 Jim posted:
It could be something caused by work we're doing on TV right now.  Please wait a few builds.

In build 12.0.358 all channels are still gone. Do I have to configure TV and scan for channels all again from scratch (a hell of a job in MC) or can I somehow import settings from a previous build?
In previous builds I could if necessary rebuild certain registry keys from a backup I have ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune\TS31-1] for the channel frequencies and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings] tor TV-settings. But that doesn't work anymore.

A day without laughing is a day without living

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »

In build 12.0.358 all channels are still gone. Do I have to configure TV and scan for channels all again from scratch?
Probably, but you could ask Yaobing on the TV board.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 05:54:28 pm »

ftp://debug:debug@80.175.143.10/

untitled.jpg

notice progress of rip, ripping is complete, encoding is halfways through tracks yet action window area says 13 out of 14 processed...

should that not be (as ripping and encoding are configured to be done seperately) that 18 out of 28 processes are complete, I don't see how the maths work at the moment.

Thanks

Richard
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 06:08:37 pm »

behaviour of ripping has changed somewhere in the last few (public) builds.

My system is set to rip on cd insert, rip and encode seperately and to have a single encode and single rip process running and eject cd on completion of the ripping.

With my (often mentioned) puny processor, the encoding takes a while...

So CD is inserted ripping, steams through way ahead of the encoding and the cd is ejected.

it used to be that I could insert a subsequent cd and it would start the ripping process and add the ripped tracks to the encoding queue, so I could build up a queue of tracks to be encoded, then it would work through them overnight.

Now, (in the last few builds), if I insert a cd before the last encoding process of the previous cd has finished it doesn't start the next cd rip.

Loving the Facebook interface - well done guys.

Thanks

Richard
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 06:09:14 pm »

In build 12.0.358 all channels are still gone. Do I have to configure TV and scan for channels all again from scratch (a hell of a job in MC) or can I somehow import settings from a previous build?
In previous builds I could if necessary rebuild certain registry keys from a backup I have ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TV System Services\TVAutoTune\TS31-1] for the channel frequencies and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings] tor TV-settings. But that doesn't work anymore.

This is a one time only change. Yes, you will have to redo configuration, unless you use registry trick.

Save [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings]. Open it in an text editor, and insert "\Zone 1" (or "Zone 2", etc.)  behind "\TV Settings" in every instance.

For example, change [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings] to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings\Zone 1], and change [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings\Digital Channels] to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings\Zone 1\Digital Channels], etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 06:35:36 pm »

3. Changed: Media is determined to be a podcast if one or both of the following are true:
            a) It has a MediaSubType of 'Podcast'
            b) It has an Episode (Feed) URL

What actual effect does it have for one of these conditions to be "true" -- i.e. how does MC treat these files differently, and more specifically, how does it treat files tagged with the genre "Podcast" differently when these conditions are true vs. false?  I have some files that I had to manually tag with the genre "Podcast," so I'm curious how these files will be treated differently compared to the ones that have a "feed URL."

It appears that the "MediaSubType" field is blank for ALL of the podcasts on my system -- would you recommend that I edit this to be "Podcast" for all my podcasts?

Does the status of these conditions effect how an iPod treats these files, or does this situation only effect the way MC itself works?

Thanks,

Larry

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 07:30:28 pm »

Auto size columns option still broke :(

Example: Put an album with exactly 10 tracks into Playing Now (only those 10 tracks).  Notice the Seq# and Track# columns show ... for headings and column values for the 10th track (for seq# and track#).  (that's just one example).  Last worked correctly in 319 build (some 5+ weeks ago).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 08:39:15 pm »

Auto size columns option still broke :(

Example: Put an album with exactly 10 tracks into Playing Now (only those 10 tracks).  Notice the Seq# and Track# columns show ... for headings and column values for the 10th track (for seq# and track#).  (that's just one example).  Last worked correctly in 319 build (some 5+ weeks ago).

Check the option Tree & View > Advanced > Allow auto size to cut off long values

With that enabled, the 90% (or so) mark is used for the width so outliers don't make columns overly wide.

Also, what font are you using?  I don't see this with the font I'm using.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:26 pm »

I notice that with this build I now have two zones. I never did anything before with zones so I wonder where they came from. This may have happened in earlier builds but I wouldn't really know; I only went into that part of the right-click menu to play with the new Radio MC feature.

I installed this new build over my old build. I am working with two libraries recently. Perhaps this creaes a new zone?

rjm

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 12:03:17 am »

Auto-size columns appears to be working well again. Thanks!

rjm

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 12:10:23 am »

Startup seems a bit faster (say 500 msec)  :)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 12:58:43 am »

Check the option Tree & View > Advanced > Allow auto size to cut off long values

With that enabled, the 90% (or so) mark is used for the width so outliers don't make columns overly wide.

Also, what font are you using?  I don't see this with the font I'm using.

Font is Tahoma, Regular and 9.

Here's my options:

Omni

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 01:05:32 am »

Immediately upon upgrading to 12.0.358 (previous version was 12.0.338), MC no longer will display any cover art.

My music library is 99% MC ape encoded (all CD rips), and all the cover art is embedded in the file.  Now with MC .358, trying to view the cover art of any track just yields a "<various internal images>" message in the Image pane.  (My "Playing Now" pane [I always use the simple "Set Display --> Cover Art" option] is now always blank.)

rjm

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 01:27:48 am »

Font is Tahoma, Regular and 9.

Tahoma, regular, 8 works on my system. Try switching 9 to 8.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 04:39:39 am »

Immediately upon upgrading to 12.0.358 (previous version was 12.0.338), MC no longer will display any cover art.

My music library is 99% MC ape encoded (all CD rips), and all the cover art is embedded in the file.  Now with MC .358, trying to view the cover art of any track just yields a "<various internal images>" message in the Image pane.  (My "Playing Now" pane [I always use the simple "Set Display --> Cover Art" option] is now always blank.)

works fine for me, maybe try rebuilding thumbnails

Select All Tracks -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> build missing thumbnails.

R
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 04:53:35 am »

works fine for me, maybe try rebuilding thumbnails

Select All Tracks -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> build missing thumbnails.

R

I'd recommend doing an "Erase all thumbnails" first i.e.

Tools > Options > Tree and View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails

and THEN

Tools > Options > Tree and View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 07:37:27 am »

Try a reboot and a re-install.  It works OK here.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 07:48:57 am »

Tahoma, regular, 8 works on my system. Try switching 9 to 8.

Good job, 8 works on mine too!  So, the bug is anything bigger than 8 size does not work.  Weird thing is if you put 11 or more tracks in Playing Now (for this test), it does work ('10' track# is wider than '11' track# in Tahoma variable-pitched font, so not sure why '11' works).

gappie

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 08:23:47 am »

4. NEW: Added stream selection (audio tracks and subtitles) support for mkv videos.

this works great. thanks Yaobing.  :)
is there also a mcc command already for going through the subtitles?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 08:30:39 am »

is there also a mcc command already for going through the subtitles?

No. Not yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 01:26:06 pm »

Bug in the Facebook uploader...

I currently have no Facebook photo albums or photos and MC fails to upload any photos until I have at least one Facebook album (can be blank!). I would expect MC to give the option to create an album when there are none. Seems to work well otherwise though! :D

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 03:10:46 pm »

In the last couple of builds, when downloading the library using the library server to a remote machine (with a large library 1MB+) the progress bar moves along but the amount downloaded does not increase, or increases in jumps, normally not increasing again after 1/3 progress has completed.

R

Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 03:15:26 pm »

ftp://debug:debug@80.175.143.10/

untitled.jpg

notice progress of rip, ripping is complete, encoding is halfways through tracks yet action window area says 13 out of 14 processed...

should that not be (as ripping and encoding are configured to be done seperately) that 18 out of 28 processes are complete, I don't see how the maths work at the moment.

Thanks

Richard

it works fine when I change the settings to be 4 encoding processors and 1 ripping process.

R
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 03:59:37 pm »

I've removed some discussion posts.  Please start a new thread if you want to discuss.

Richard, I'm reluctant to have patents discussed at all on the forum.  I don't want to disseminate pass on information that may or may not be accurate.  I hope you'll understand.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 08:04:15 am »

Track visualisation stop/start bug has been fixed.  Thanks!

Mark

etfrommars

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 08:10:23 pm »

Can't import audio files  .just dragging and dropping works..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »

Can't import audio files  .just dragging and dropping works..

We can't reproduce this, but someone else also mentioned it.

Any other clues?  Have you tried a fresh library?  How about different file types, like mp3, ape, jpeg, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 11:45:58 pm »

Three podcast issues in 12.0.358:

1) If podcasts are actively downloading and an iPod is selected, the sync button in the action window area is dimmed (as it should be). The Sync button at the top (next to the resync button) is not dimmed. Clicking it gives a dialog box saying that Media Center is doing something, and the sync will happen when it's done (also good). However, it immediately starts the sync, and MC crashes when it hits a podcast currently being downloaded.

2) I had a few duplicate podcasts reported in the "to be synced" details, so I went over to delete the dups (with the iPod still connected), and MC crashed. I ejected the iPod before deleting the dups, and it worked fine.

3) I had a few podcast episodes on different days, with different sizes, but the same title. MC reported them as duplicates in the sync details. I renamed them all (added the date to the title), and MC recognized them as different files.

-- Dennis

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:49 pm »

I'm having trouble uploading files to PocketTunes on my Palm TX using MTP with this version.  Version .338 worked fine.  I'm running MC in Client mode connecting to the same version of MC running in server mode downstairs.  When I rightclick a song on the Client and Send To -> PocketTunes it queues it up fine.  But when I click the 'Transfer' button the status immediately shows Error and no file is transfered.   I can't find any mention of the error in the MC log.

I can transfer the same files by dragging and dropping from Explorer onto the PocketTunes item in the MC treeview.  It's very slow but it eventually gets there.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 01:52:33 pm »

You can't sync a device from MC when it's playing from another PC using Library Server.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 02:22:04 pm »

You can't sync a device from MC when it's playing from another PC using Library Server.

I beg to differ.  It's been working well until this version.  It downloads a copy to the local machine and then uploads it to the device and shows the status of each step as it's working.  It downloads two at a time from the Server and then one at a time up to the device. It's brilliant, really.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 03:17:58 pm »

I beg to differ.  It's been working well until this version.  It downloads a copy to the local machine and then uploads it to the device and shows the status of each step as it's working.  It downloads two at a time from the Server and then one at a time up to the device. It's brilliant, really.

Just to prove it to myself I downgraded both my client and server to MC version 12.0.338 and tried it again.  Sure enough, when I'm listening to music on the client I can definitely upload music to my PDA from the same client.  I just uploaded the entire Radiohead album while listening to Best of Bootie 2006. 

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 04:58:40 pm »

If the album has multiple artists per track mp3 then the album comes up missing under the Media Center Album Artist (Auto) pane. :(    This leaves me over 30 albums short under the audio album pane. The album pane will not show an album containing multiple artists on a track for a given main album artist.
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

Omni

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 11:10:53 pm »

Re: Cover Art Disappearing

Try a reboot and a re-install.  It works OK here.

Unrelated to anything MC, I switched back to Windows XP (Ghost Image from last July), installed MC12, setup directories in options (reg hack, as usual, to set the thumbnail directory), erased and then rebuilt thumbnails, and now everything is fine on this install.  So my theory is that the upgrade reinitialized the thumbnail directory to the default "[App Data]\thumbnails" which is why I suddenly "lost" all my cover-art even though I'm still not sure what thumbnails have to do with embedded cover-art.  (The "thumbnails" were still being displayed next to the track listing and even in the tag banner line; it was the full-scale, file embedded cover-art that would not display.)

But it's resolved, so never mind.

Re: MC11 library import

On an unrelated note, on my WinXP image, I had (and still have) MC 11.1.201 installed.  When I installed MC 12 (current version from this thread), it did not detect or ask to import my MC 11 library like it did under Vista32.  Shouldn't it have?  (Rhetorical question; I'm reporting this as a bug.  :P)

I had to manually go to the library manager and edit the path to Vista's MC12 library which, luckily, I kept on a separate data drive.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:24 am »

I have a slight flac problem that comes up occaisionally.

I import & tag a flac file, rename by properties to it's new home (Artist\Album\filename), add cover art, and run audio analysis.

OK, here is where the problem arises: I sometimes come across a file that fails audio analysis. When I test the file in FlacTester it results in "ERROR MD5 CHECK"

When attempting to convert to a wav file MC fails to convert, and dbPower results in: "Error converting to Wave, md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt"

Since I habitually save a backup copy before most of this proceedure (for protection until I get to run a real backup), I was able to check the original file copy that had been untouched by MC only to find it is not corrupted like the one MC had processed.

I strongly suspect this corruption occurred while attaching cover art, but that is just a hunch brought about by the fact that this often has crashed MC.

edit: Just attempting to add cover art to a newly tagged/renamed/imported album and MC said it failed to update the files/tags. I went to the folder and using "Unlocker" I found that MC had the files "locked". Once I closed MC and re-openned it several minutes later it was now able to add cover art and update the tags with no issues and much faster that it has been doing.
What operations would cause MC to maintain a lock on the files it has already finished tagging and subsequently re-written to their new location?
Hoping this helps lead you down the right path to resolving this.

. . . the game is rigged

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 10:10:05 am »

It isn't possible to use vorbis in Library Server Conversion anymore. Only MP3 appears in the list.

pank2002

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 04:32:09 pm »

BUG: Adding Web Media (Audio) via File —> Open URL

I tried to add two radio stations from the Danish Radio. There are two links for the stream. One for Win and one for Linux and Mac. (Actually there are three but the last one did not work in MC)

The three links are:
mms://wmscr1.dr.dk/e02ch01m
http://www.dr.dk/netradio/Metafiler/asx/dr_p1_128.asx
http://www.dr.dk/netradio/Metafiler/pls/dr_p1_128.pls (does not work in MC)

I can add the two first links to File —> Open URL in MC and they will play just fine. However, I would like to add them to my favorite web medias. Hence, I click the web media options button. The reaction of MC is quite bizarre. For the first link, MC enters Display View (?). When I click on web media options for the second link MC crashes.
As I said, all quite bizarre. I believe it is a bug.

Thanks,
Rasmus

Media Center Registered 12.0.358 — C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 217 MHz MMX / Memory: Total–2087 MB, Free–1294 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4083N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Think Theme\default.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 04:57:29 pm »

Any idea why it takes MUCH longer to add cover art to FLAC files in the last 2 public builds?

It used to be that I would right-click->Paste cover art, and it would only take a few seconds to write the files.  But now seems to lock up MC for almost a minute while it tries to update.

Thoughts?

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 06:30:35 pm »

It isn't possible to use vorbis in Library Server Conversion anymore. Only MP3 appears in the list.

it's all i see now as well

R
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:27 pm »

MC got problem with recognizing LG Burner (SATA) GSA-H66N

Like you see it's visible here:

but, when im sending song to burner i got this:

outofspace

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 08:17:29 am »

If you are streaming to a client, the Last.fm plugin does not send the information. Is there any plan to address this issue? In the Last.fm plugin thread, the author of the program thought there was a change in how the filename= search is evaluated that is causing the plugin to ignore the song.

Drew

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
Re: Media Center 12.0.358 - FLAC tagging error
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:47 am »

I have a slight flac problem that comes up occaisionally.

I import & tag a flac file, rename by properties to it's new home (Artist\Album\filename), add cover art, and run audio analysis.

OK, here is where the problem arises: I sometimes come across a file that fails audio analysis. When I test the file in FlacTester it results in "ERROR MD5 CHECK"

When attempting to convert to a wav file MC fails to convert, and dbPower results in: "Error converting to Wave, md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt"

Since I habitually save a backup copy before most of this proceedure (for protection until I get to run a real backup), I was able to check the original file copy that had been untouched by MC only to find it is not corrupted like the one MC had processed.

I strongly suspect this corruption occurred while attaching cover art, but that is just a hunch brought about by the fact that this often has crashed MC.

edit: Just attempting to add cover art to a newly tagged/renamed/imported album and MC said it failed to update the files/tags. I went to the folder and using "Unlocker" I found that MC had the files "locked". Once I closed MC and re-openned it several minutes later it was now able to add cover art and update the tags with no issues and much faster that it has been doing.
What operations would cause MC to maintain a lock on the files it has already finished tagging and subsequently re-written to their new location?
Hoping this helps lead you down the right path to resolving this.

I too am having what appears to be the same issue in this post (at least the part in the edit: section)

I have a fresh installation of MC (358) on a new laptop, imported my library and a lot of the flac files I have seemed to have "lost" their cover art, so I tried adding it back in, and I get this error message from MC:

Media center encountered errors while tagging and moving files.  Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

I have no other programs open that would be accessing these files. 

Any help with this?

thanks

pank2002

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 11:36:28 am »

Web Media — Audio
The audio web medias does not work very well at the moment. MC crashes every other time a stream is started. When it crashes it forgets my recent settings.

Random examples
  • When I try to play Groove Salad from SomaFM, MC goes into display mode.
  • When I jump from one stream to another on this site, MC crashes.
  • Sometimes MC just crashes when I start a stream.

Thanks,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up