INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcasts, Blank Playlist & 3G iPod  (Read 2423 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Podcasts, Blank Playlist & 3G iPod
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:15:17 am »

Now that I've gotten my synching straightened out, another odd problem has cropped up. In a nutshell, additional playlists are being added to my iPod whenever it synchs.

The playlists are a "Podcasts" and a "Blank" playlist. Neither of the playlists have any tracks in them. The Handheld options have only my synching smartlists, not any of the podcast options.

The really strange thing is that these 2 additional playlists show up even when the "Podcast" feature is turned off in the MC Options....

I saw a couple of other threads about this issue, but they were related to MC11....

Any advice or troubleshooting information?

Thanks,
Brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Podcasts, Blank Playlist & 3G iPod
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:13:13 am »

Another synch, still occurring. This time with build 358...

Thanks,
Brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:42:19 am »

Bump...

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:09:53 pm »

Brad,

This will be fixed some time this week.

Rick

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 08:51:31 am »

Excellent! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a build...

brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 05:41:17 pm »

Okay, I got around to trying build 376....

Things appear to be partially fixed.

- I got a message from MC saying that my iPod database was out-of-date (had been created by an earlier version of iTunes or other program). This is true--it had been created by an earlier version of MC.... :)

- There was no guidance as to what that error message meant. Did I have to initialize the iPod? Would the DB upgrade automatically? Considering how flaky some people find synching, the message might stand a little rewording about what will/should happen next.

- I looked at my synch details before starting the synch. The status bar at the bottom of the MC window said I would have over 14,000 files on my iPod after the synch. Clearly it was counting the files already on the iPod, plus counting all the files that needed 'updating' for the iPod DB. Again, a little detail that I found confusing.

- After I started the synch, it looked like every file was being re-uploaded to the iPod. My guess was this was needed to upgrade the iPod's DB, but I was a little unprepared for the time it needed....

- When the synch completed (flawlessly), the BLANK playlist line had disappeared from my iPod. HOWEVER, there was still a 'Podcasts' playlist present--even though I had not selected any podcasts to be synched in the 'Options' dialog box.

So....my input would be that I think a little more detail about what is going to happen when upgrading the iPod's DB would be a lovely thing. Also, I still don't know why there is a 'Podcasts' playlist appearing when I have no podcasts chosen for the synch operation....

Best,
Brad

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:10:07 am »

Bump...

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 03:08:50 pm »

The message you got was probably something like this:

iTunes Data Incompatiblity Found

Another program transferring files to your iPod is writing data in an older format (v1) than the one currently supported by Media Center (v2).

Due to this, one or both of the programs may have trouble reading the data and may require restoring the iPod or re-synching content.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of the other programs writing to this iPod.

This is warning you that the last program that wrote the database to your iPod wrote an older version of the database to it. If the other program was MC this won't be a problem but if the other program isn't MC you may get caught in a pillow fight when using the two programs simultaneously. Each one wanting to re-sync all content of update the device.

We will try to change this to be a little less confusing.

What part of the sync process continues to be confusing to you?

Rick

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:49 pm »

The message you got was probably something like this:

iTunes Data Incompatiblity Found

Another program transferring files to your iPod is writing data in an older format (v1) than the one currently supported by Media Center (v2).

Due to this, one or both of the programs may have trouble reading the data and may require restoring the iPod or re-synching content.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of the other programs writing to this iPod.

This is warning you that the last program that wrote the database to your iPod wrote an older version of the database to it. If the other program was MC this won't be a problem but if the other program isn't MC you may get caught in a pillow fight when using the two programs simultaneously. Each one wanting to re-sync all content of update the device.

We will try to change this to be a little less confusing.

What part of the sync process continues to be confusing to you?

Rick

I am getting this same error, but I don't have itunes or any other program installed that has used my ipod.  There seems to be no way for me to sync?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up