INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of iPod issues lately with syncing.  (Read 2593 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Lots of iPod issues lately with syncing.
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:22:32 am »

Using an iPod Photo, and having lots of issues lately.  Main recurring issue is that I sync to the device and the play lists don't reflect deleted or sometimes new items.  This just happened after a full re-load too.  After installing 363, my iPod wanted to re-load every file on the device.  I ran initialize from MC to delete everything first, re-synced the entire device, and now my static 'Podcast Queue' playlist include tracks that are no longer on my computer or even in the playlist in MC.

Other issues I've seen lately:
Songs needed to be transferred to the device multiple times before they show up in the library on the device.
Ratings changes not getting transferred back to MC and getting wiped off the iPod as well when I sync.

SwellGuy

Re: Lots of iPod issues lately with syncing.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:39:22 am »

Is the firmware up-to-date?

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:44:35 am »

I am also having similar problems.. I'm finding that every second or third sync that I try to do MC wants to re-sync my entire library. I've also tried re-initialising but it's still doing the same thing.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:44:16 pm »

Both my brother and I have seen this issue as well.  I just figured that it had something to do with the DST time change, but seeing these posts saying it happens "every few syncs" makes me wonder if it's something else.  Basically, MC re-synced the entire library even though nothing had been updated.

Larry

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:09:34 pm »

Yes firmware is up to date - no recent changes to that model either from Apple.  It DOES get connected to iTunes on my laptop from time to time.

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:01:15 am »

My firmware is also up to date.. and I'm till having this problem (now at v 12.0.372). Just plugged in my ipod today.. I apparently need to sync 4619 songs since 2 days ago..  :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 11:04:43 am »

Is your system clock correct?

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 02:29:47 pm »

We are out of sync with the latest iTunes DB format - so if you are running iTunes 7.5.x this could be causing these problems. Look for MC build 12.0.374 or later for support for the iTunes 7.5.x DB format.

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »

Is your system clock correct?

Aha.. you might be onto something here. My system clock is correct, but I have been travelling for work and changing time zones this week... Would this have an effect?

We are out of sync with the latest iTunes DB format - so if you are running iTunes 7.5.x this could be causing these problems. Look for MC build 12.0.374 or later for support for the iTunes 7.5.x DB format.

I'm pretty sure my ipod has never had contact with itunes 7.5. I don't have it on my computer.. or any other versions of itunes.

BigJim100

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 05:06:34 pm »

Any word on this one?  It's happening to me as well.

Happens whether or not I try to convert before syncing to the iPod Nano (3rd gen).

It just silently dies after a few songs are sent to the device.

The log says unhandled exception.

Thanks--

Jim

edbro

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 05:12:57 pm »

There were issues like this with 12.0.374. With the latest (.375) I no longer have those problems.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 04:09:08 am »

As I sync manually with smartlists or carefully picked songs I have experienced these problems frequently and with many different MC12 versions.

Some way the songsseem to be duplicated on the iPod because MC tells me that there are many files on the system. This causes the iPod to be filled with 6000 songs while there are in fact only 2000 on it.

Don't have any details because I then reinitialize and upload the songs again. Since my system is very fast now it takes much less time then it used to. Reduced about 4 times I guess, but it is a bit annoying indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up