INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Resume of videos!  (Read 2172 times)

jonnyz007

Auto Resume of videos!
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:53:39 am »

Hey just wondering how to disable the auto-resume of videos. I use mc12 to play all my music videos, and if I ever exited a video (eg half way through), the next time it plays, it jumps back to this point. Is there any way of disabling this?

Cheers - Jonny

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: Auto Resume of videos!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:56:30 am »

Hi

The bad news is there's no way of doing this at present - there's a tag "Bookmark" that you can clear on the file or group of files before you play them.

Good news is that a new version is in beta that has an tag to enable/disable bookmarking for each individual file. It'll be released at some point very soon, no doubt.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:40:01 am »

With the next public build, you can set a database field "Use Bookmarking" to "No" for any files you want to disable bookmarking on.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 04:33:45 pm »

With the next public build, you can set a database field "Use Bookmarking" to "No" for any files you want to disable bookmarking on.

Has any thought been given to how this will be accomplished in Theater View? A setting under the "Advanced..." playback options (left-hand-side nav frame) could do it.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 04:48:41 pm »

Thats great news, Matt. Will this work for both, video and audio files?  I find the current logic somewhat inconsistant. Video bookmarks, audio not...

Thanks
BBrip

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »

How, if at all, can this be applied to an actual DVD disc that you are simply trying to play and do not necessarily want to import?

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 05:29:50 pm »

Good decision.  That is actually how iTunes works--each file can be set individually.  However, could a complete setting be added?  One checkbox that would disable bookmarks for all of Media Center?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 08:30:42 am »

However, could a complete setting be added?

?  You want to set it individually AND globally? How would that work? Which would override the other, and what's the point?

Press CTRL-A and set it to "No".

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:15:48 pm »

Saying no bookmarks would disable it globally.  I guess it isn't a big deal now that you put it that way.

jonnyz007

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 10:38:54 pm »

thanks heaps, ill be keeping my eyes out for the next release  :)

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:28 am »

Ahh...this is exactly the problem I've been experiencing with a client's music videos in WMV format. But here's the thing I don't understand...it's inconsitant with the WMV files I'm working with. SOME play from the beginning every time but MOST play from where last stopped.

These music video have all bean converted from iTunes M4V files using a program called TuneBite.

Anyone got insight into this?

Pages: [1]   Go Up