INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12 won't accept new license  (Read 2568 times)

Nobody

• Recent member
Media Center 12 won't accept new license
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:27:15 am »

I just paid twenty dollars less than a week ago for an upgrade from 11 to 12 and my license has apparently expired along with my account here. I used to be Alchus. Have I just lost my money?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 12 won't accept new license
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:23 am »

The FAQ at the top of this board has a link to license problems.  The key you are mailed is the install key and is good for 14 days.  After that, you need to restore.  The e-mail address on your license for MC12 is different than the one for your forum account.

Please try reading the license information and then post again here with details.  DO NOT post your license or it will be revoked.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:01 am »

Just to make what Jim said a tiny bit more clear.  The Install Key expires in 14 days.  The license (what you pay for) never expires.  If you need to generate a new Install Key, that is called a "restore" and the process is simple (and explained in the FAQ).

Once you register a particular installation of MC, it doesn't need to be re-activated unless you uninstall it completely and reinstall it (and even then it often doesn't).  It's only if you want to use it on a different computer or if you want to completely wipe your computer and reinstall Windows from scratch (or something similar).

I have no idea why your forum membership would have "expired".  I've never heard of that.  Did you try having it send you your password and whatnot?  You can reset your password here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=reminder
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:29:31 pm »

I purchased a license under the account that JRiver has since deleted. I'm not going to send $20.00 every two weeks. If I'm not allowed an account, and I need an account to keep Media Center running, then I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere. But I'll need to get it back from JRiver first.
I've used and promoted this product since I've owned a computer. I've paid for many upgrades. Doesn't loyalty count for anything nowadays?

By the way there is no FAQ showing up on this screen. Is it named something else?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:44:45 pm »

I purchased a license under the account that JRiver has since deleted.
JRiver didn't delete your account (here on Interact).  It's active but has zero posts.
I'm not going to send $20.00 every two weeks.
No one has suggested that you do that.
By the way there is no FAQ showing up on this screen. Is it named something else?
It's on the MC12 board, near the top, and in my signature.

Maybe you're assuming that the account you have for Interact has something to do with your license.  It doesn't.  No connection.

It isn't clear what you are doing or expect.

JimH

• Administrator

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 02:27:44 pm »

I appreciate the efforts of all here but I'm still not understanding this.
Can I renew my license with this ('Nobody') account?
Do I need an account to renew a license?
If not how do I get JRiver to send me an email with my activation code? (no email address to request it)
I have not purchased anything under my 'Nobody' account. I don't even want my nobody account. I just created it so that I could post here.
Here's the details:
I purchased, and then installed Media Center 12.
It wouldn't run so I removed it and installed it again.
It ran fine after that but then my C: drive failed (yesterday morning)
Once I had installed Windows XP Pro SP2 on the new drive I installed Media Center 12 but when I tried to use the *.mjr file it said my license had expired. I was never sent any email.
I came here to log in and see what's up only to find that my password was invalid. I tried resetting my password but the system said I could not use Alchus as a nick. That's when I created this account.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 02:32:08 pm »

I appreciate the efforts of all here but I'm still not understanding this.
Can I renew my license with this ('Nobody') account?
No.  You need your Registration Code.  Have you read the link I gave you?
Do I need an account to renew a license?
No.  You need your Registration code.
If not how do I get JRiver to send me an email with my activation code? (no email address to request it)
Please read the license information linked above.
I have not purchased anything under my 'Nobody' account. I don't even want my nobody account. I just created it so that I could post here.
I'll delete it when you're running OK.
Here's the details:
I purchased, and then installed Media Center 12.
It wouldn't run so I removed it and installed it again.
It ran fine after that but then my C: drive failed (yesterday morning)
Once I had installed Windows XP Pro SP2 on the new drive I installed Media Center 12 but when I tried to use the *.mjr file it said my license had expired. I was never sent any email.
Then that's the problem.  It's probably in your spam filters.  But you can have the system mail your Registration Code.
I came here to log in and see what's up only to find that my password was invalid. I tried resetting my password but the system said I could not use Alchus as a nick. That's when I created this account.
Please read the link.  http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_12.html

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »

"Then that's the problem.  It's probably in your spam filters.  But you can have the system mail your Registration Code."

That sounds good. How do I do that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »

Read the link.  I think that everything you're asking is there.

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 03:09:12 pm »

Q: I lost the Install Key and the Registration Code.
A: Visit the Restore Page, enter the e-mail address your receipt was sent to, and you will receive the Registration Code by e-mail.

Q: I lost everything, and I no longer have the same e-mail address I used to purchase.
A: Visit the Restore Page, enter the password you chose at purchase time, the original e-mail address where your receipt was sent, and a new e-mail address. The Registration Code will be sent to the new address.

I was not sent any email. I have checked all four of my addresses and it is not there. I've tried to use the password I used at the time of purchase but the system says it is incorrect. I only use four passwords and I am very familiar with all of them. I know which one I used to purchase Media Center 12 and it does not work. This is why I assumed my account to be deleted. Is there anything more I can do?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 03:14:13 pm »

I've changed your buy button e-mail address to the account you use here on Interact.  Please visit the Restore Page and have the system e-mail your password.

If you don't get an e-mail within five minutes, check your spam filters.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 03:23:07 pm »

To reset your password for the Alchus account, you do NOT just try to create a new account and call it Alchus.  It told you no because that's what you did.  Just like if you tried to create an account called "glynor" (me) it would tell you no.

To reset your password you need to use the link I gave you before: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=reminder

As Jim stated, the Forum account has absolutely nothing to do with your purchase.  To retrieve your Registration number you only need to have access to the email account you used to originally purchase MC (and even if that has changed there are ways around it).

Don't worry.  We'll get you sorted if you read the link Jim provided.  Just take a deep breath and read.  It'll become clear!   :)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 04:05:50 pm »

he\she also posted in the wrong forum, if he is talking about Media Center 12.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 04:29:49 pm »

Do I start this again in a new forum?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 04:32:43 pm »

No.  Did you get it worked out?

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 04:44:56 pm »

I did get it worked out. I sure appreciate the help I've gotten here (it does work better than email). I'm sorry if I didn't start out too well. I've lost a lot of money to internet ripoffs lately (although I still trust you guys) so I'm a little gun shy when purchasing south of the border.

One minor detail: Am I herein to be known as 'Nobody' or can that be easily changed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:25 pm »

Glad it's OK now.  I've deleted your other account and so you can change your login name for Interact.

Nobody

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 05:02:25 pm »

Thanks, Glynor and Jim, for your help with this. I've put the email on two seperate drives so It'll always be findable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up