INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiki Fun -- View Schemes  (Read 1805 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Wiki Fun -- View Schemes
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:30:38 pm »

I've spent a bit of time today working on the Wiki's View Schemes page.  It needed some help, and I think this is one area which could use a large guide all of it's own.  (I had some time while I was waiting for some videos to compress to H264 here at work -- and waiting... and waiting... and waiting -- even with a dual-CPU dual-core Xeon @ 3.0 GHz)...

I'm no where near done yet, but check it out....

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/View_Schemes
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Wiki Fun -- View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:56:25 pm »

Looks good. Thanks! I have a ton of questions, but am trying to hold back until I have time to go through these wikis.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:18:50 pm »

Thanks, Ed.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 04:01:28 am »

Hi Glynor

About...

The big "top three" View Schemes can always be found locked at the top of the Tree View in MC12.

... when one lands up scrolling far down the tree, "The big "top three" View Schemes " disappear.
Wouldn't it be great if they were "fixed" and always viewable, considering they are "The big "top three" View Schemes " ?
That way a person can easily click between "The big "top three" View Schemes " , no matter how far down the tree one might be, or even if the tree view panel in "minimized" to the side.

I'm sure I saw that they used to be always viewable, part of MC's main window toolbar.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:35 am »

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I will definitely be reading through it!

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 09:14:11 am »

Hi Glynor

About...

... when one lands up scrolling far down the tree, "The big "top three" View Schemes " disappear.
Wouldn't it be great if they were "fixed" and always viewable, considering they are "The big "top three" View Schemes " ?
That way a person can easily click between "The big "top three" View Schemes " , no matter how far down the tree one might be, or even if the tree view panel in "minimized" to the side.

I'm sure I saw that they used to be always viewable, part of MC's main window toolbar.

I agree. It's always bugged me that I have to scroll back up to get the Top 3... Locking them to the top would be easier to use and more intuitive.

...Michel.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 09:16:34 am »

You beat me to it; this always bugs me too.

Hi Glynor

About...

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 10:48:04 am »

Hi Glynor

I'm really glad that some people agree with me ... bbuuuuutt, I feel really baaad, as I feel I've diverted from the original topic , Wiki Fun -- View Schemes , which I'd just like to saythat you've obviously did an amazing job.

That link again...
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/View_Schemes

I only realized afterwards, I probably should have started a new topic. :-X

Sorry!

RacheRock

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 03:03:16 am »

Congrats on some nice work glynor  8)
I've bookmarked it. :)

I'd also like to add my support for the Top 3 Veiw Shemes to be fixed somewhere. Either in there current location, or on the main toolbar.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 05:42:04 pm »

I did some more work on it today... Including information on using the Panes, Tree View, and some general reformatting.  Looking better, but still needs more work!

Check it out again if you think you might have more to learn!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 05:54:12 pm »

I saw! That was quite a bit! Thanks very much, yet again...

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up