INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Way OT -- It Was Getting Kinda Long...  (Read 1350 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Way OT -- It Was Getting Kinda Long...
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:08:07 am »

Much to David Crosby's dismay, I actually did cut my hair this weekend (on Saturday if anyone is counting, though if you are I'm a little afraid)...  It's still longish.  Medium length I suppose.  I wanted it just at shoulder length, but since my hair is very "spirally" (curly and wavy) it springs up a bunch when it dries and the hair stylists always underestimate how much it will "spring", so it's a bit above the shoulder now.  I had been considering it for a couple of weeks, but was never sure... Then Saturday morning I woke up and just decided and did it on a whim.  Must have been remnants from the wine on Thursday night...   ;)

They took off about a foot (about 30.5cm for those of you with a rational measurement system), which I donated to Locks of Love which is nice.

It is really quite a change.  I've had long hair for about 12 years solid now.  My hair grows absurdly fast, and I likely won't cut it again for a while... But still... Big changes are always bittersweet.

Just wondering, since "tis the season".  Anyone else making any major personal changes they'd like to share?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

edbro

Re: Way OT -- It Was Getting Kinda Long...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:11:14 am »

I'm looking for some to paste in a few spots on my head. ::)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 09:31:58 am »

Funny story.  John Gateley here went through a similar transformation.  He still looks like a geek though.  The white socks and sandals give him away.

Just wondering, since "tis the season".  Anyone else making any major personal changes they'd like to share?

I'm trying to buy back KingSparta's Yugo.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 10:05:42 am »

I need a haircut too, but I decided to ditch XP x64 for XP x86 on the HTPC to better support my 2600xt AGP card...2001: Space Odyssey at 1080P ....hi-def Cro-magnons!!!!

I'll bet yer winter cap fits a little easier on your head now hey? (yes I know your not in MN but ME hey)

DC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 10:19:33 am »

The white socks and sandals give him away.

Don't take any guff from them John!  White socks and sandals will be cool..... Eventually.  They'll see.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 10:31:14 am »

:)

j

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:44 am »

I just recently cut mine as well.  Not quite as long as yours was but it definitely feels and looks weird when you go from shoulder length to above shoulder length.  Give it a few days and you'll get comfortable with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up