INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.380  (Read 7972 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.380
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:47:49 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120380.exe

12.0.380 (11/27/07)

1. Fixed: DVD bookmarking was not working.

12.0.379 (11/27/07)

1. Fixed: Using EVR as the video renderer, playback could blink in the non-video area.
2. Fixed: Handheld menu items like "Explore" weren't always working correctly.
3. Fixed: Podcast feeds that didn't specify update times showed -1:-1:-1
4. Changed: Changed how the action windows behave when acquiring images and handling devices that double as portable media players and cameras (typically phones).
5. Changed: Added '3gp' as a default file type in acquire images options.
6. Changed: Large image preview tooltip no longer shows photographic information (camera, shutter speed, etc.) if the file doesn't contain this information.
7. Changed: Large image preview tooltip contains image type, dimensions, and size on disk.
8. Fixed: When using iTunes tag Podcast information, the tags wouldn't be cleaned to remove non-printable characters, etc.
9. Fixed: Smartlist wizard would nicely work with "is any", "is all", "is not any" with list type fields if the empty value was selected.
10. Changed: Phones will acquire images (and videos) based on the file types listed under handheld options.

12.0.378 (11/26/07)

1. Fixed: When importing images, the date could be incomplete.
2. NEW: Added "Update Order", "Shuffle Order", and "Remove Duplicates" playlist commands to the playlist view header.
3. Changed: Shuffling or updating the order of a playlist resets the sorting to be based on sequence.
4. Changed: Tree Playing Now right-click no longer contains "Add to Playing Now".
5. Fixed: Picking "Update Order", "Shuffle Order", or "Remove Duplicates" for a non-selected playlist would not work correctly.
6. Changed: View Settings menu (available by mouse-over on the title text of any view) contains view specific commands in Playing Now. (also in Main Menu > View > View Settings)
7. Changed: Added "Name" sorting to the View Settings > Sort menu.
8. Fixed: When the network would drop during a Pix01 upload no error was reported.
9. Fixed: Clicking the file link on a library tile, then leaving the view, then clicking "Back" would show the library without files showing.
10. Changed: Closing Display View with the "X" in the top-right will actually close the program if the player was just launced as a viewer from Explorer.
11. Optimized: Improved performance of player when opening as a viewer for images or video from Explorer.
12. Changed: Updated Chinese language file.
13. Changed: Updated German language file.
14. Changed: Vista's Program Compatibility Assistant should no longer badger Media Center with a "did this install correctly?" message.
15. Fixed: Podcast "Updated" time was incorrect. This may have affected other date/time displays.
16. Fixed: UPnP Server was not serving out content. (Browsing was working though).

12.0.377 (11/21/07)

1. Changed: When displaying no visualization (cover art), cover art will be stretched to fill the window. (instead of stopping at 100% zoom)
2. Changed: Renamed a couple 3D visualizations.
3. Changed: Slideshow 3D visualization no longer oscillates when switching to a new face of the cube.
4. NEW: Added new 3D visualization option "Use High Quality Drawing" (on by default). (enables anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc.)
5. Changed: Cover Art (no visualization) displays a drop-shadow.
6. Fixed: TV Recording would not work (no preview) with certain TV devices (Hauppauge WinTV USB for example) when deinterlace option was turned on.
7. Fixed: TV Recording would not work with devices that needed a cable to connect to a sound card (introduced in build 375).
8. Changed: When updating the tree (F5, after drag-n-drop, etc.), the scroll position will not be changed to show the selected item.
9. Fixed: The File > Open... dialog would show a white-on-white auto-complete box when typing.
10. Changed: Updated the Korean language file.
11. Fixed: Switching the language input method during install could cause a crash.

12.0.376 (11/20/07)

1. NEW: Rewrote list printing (File > Print > Print List...). (shows a preview, allows printer configuration, saves settings between sessions, etc.)
2. NEW: Added Player > Playing Now menu with several Playing Now commands.
3. NEW: When doing a "Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center)" the located file will be shown and selected after switching views.
4. Changed: "Save time-shifting on stop" option in TV can have multiple choices (Do not save, Always save, Save when worth saving, Always ask, Ask when worth saving, Always warn, Warn when worth saving), instead of just yes or no.
5. Changed: Alt+[key sequence] keyboard shortcuts wouldn't work nicely if the alt key remained pressed.
6. Fixed: JPEG files: IPTC tags modified outside MC could not be read in if the MJMD tags already exists in the file.
7. Changed: When moving the mouse away from the fullscreen borders, they hide in 0.5 seconds after mouse stop instead of 3.5 seconds.
8. Changed: When stopping playback, radio mode is disengaged.
9. NEW: During Radio playback, files that are skipped have a strike-through in Playing Now. (to indicate that less of those types of files will be played)
10. Changed: Radio playback renamed slightly to Player > Play Radio. (no longer in send to menu)
11. NEW: When starting radio playback, a dialog is shown that allows customization of what is eligible for playback.
12. NEW: Added processing of iTunes podcast tags. They will be considered by default and ignored if you specify your own tag mappings.
13. NEW: Added the [category] tag mapping for sniffing podcast genres. "Podcast" is still the default.
14. Changed: Internal - Date handling modified.
15. Fixed: JRiver video decoder would not connect properly in a graph. (only in build 375)

12.0.375 (11/19/07)

1. Changed: Added back ability to use external cover art without having it copied to the cover art location specified in options.
2. Fixed: With gridlines disabled, lists would still draw the gridlines in non-item areas.
3. Changed: Improved support for Motorola Q smartphones.
4. Changed: Do a better job of identifying extended storage cards of devices.
5. Changed: A few skin elements do a better job of adapting to large fonts.
6. Fixed: Some list control functions would not work properly on W2K.
7. Fixed: When playing images over library server, the rotation would not always be properly respected.
8. Fixed: Input plugins could get in a bad state in some cases. (only applies to build 374)

m1abrams

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.380
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:39:52 pm »

Thanks for the podcast changes, I can not wait to try it out when I get home.  Hoping this means that the coverart for my podcasts is a little bit more reliable.  I have noticed many podcasts put a lot of effort in the itunes tags but ignore the standard.  Since I can not test it at work, do these changes mean it will attempt to grab the podcast coverart from the itunes image tags?

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:47:33 pm »

Thanks for this new release. :)

11. Optimized: Improved performance of player when opening as a viewer for images or video from Explorer.
It's so great! It was needed.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 05:13:33 pm »

14. Changed: Internal - Date handling modified.

Any details?

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:13:48 pm »

The podcast changes look great.

One thing, and this might be part of the internal changes to the date handling, but when I try to manually enter a date and a time in the [DATE] field, it clears itself completely.

2007-11-28 works.
2007-11-28 9p clears.

Not that this is a major problem.  I don't really use times very much, if at all.  I just noticed it by accident, and thought you should know.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:15:14 pm »

Any details?
No.  It's internal.  You shouldn't see any change.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 06:45:50 pm »

There are more than 5 distinct changes in this public release that I'm very pleased with:
1. NEW: Rewrote list printing (File > Print > Print List...). (shows a preview, allows printer configuration, saves settings between sessions, etc.)
1. Changed: When displaying no visualization (cover art), cover art will be stretched to fill the window. (instead of stopping at 100% zoom)
3. Changed: Slideshow 3D visualization no longer oscillates when switching to a new face of the cube.
5. Changed: Cover Art (no visualization) displays a drop-shadow.
10. Changed: Updated the Korean language file
1. Fixed: DVD bookmarking was not working.

Just kidding on 10.

iphoenix

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 07:48:15 pm »

I'm still having the issue with chapters in Audible files disappearing when syncing with MC12.  Any hope of getting this fixed in the near future?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 07:51:48 pm »

I'm still having the issue with chapters in Audible files disappearing when syncing with MC12.  Any hope of getting this fixed in the near future?
iPod?

iphoenix

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:12 pm »

Yes, iPod.

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:41 pm »

Well just tested the podcast stuff and it did get a few images from podcasts it could not before.  It still seems to miss the coverart for HDTV. This is the feed url http://feeds.feedburner.com/HdtvPodcast

However feedburner seems to have an odd rss format.  It appear the feed only contains a reference to the image once and not for each podcast.  This might be why MC does not grab it.  Anyhow would be nice to have but no big deal if not.

Thanks for the great update.

rjm

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 01:16:29 am »

Updated from 12.0.363 to 12.0.380.

I am observing that text in popups is a little "fuzzy" (ie. not crisp). Text everywhere else seems fine. I am using Intention skin with Tahoma 8 font but I see the same popup text fuzziness in other skins like Noire.

Popup text was fine in 12.0.363. Nothing else has changed on my system.

Any clues on what I can do to correct this, or is there a possible problem with 12.0.380?

)p(

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 02:38:48 am »

Upgrading to .380 did not fix the upnp problem with my nokia n800. I can browse but not play anything. Going back again to .329 solves the problem.

Peter

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 10:11:04 am »

Peter, can you make a sniff and e-mail it to me (gateley @ jriver.com)? Instructions are here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

Make sure you have 380 installed.

Thanks,

j

MusicHawk

iPod contents 100% deleted
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 10:21:51 am »

I've synched my iPod 5G many times with MC, no problem (now and then I needed to use iTunes to reset), including with .375 a week+ ago.

Last night was different. MC .380 told me I needed to upgrade iTunes (a message I've never seen before), so I upgraded to the newest 7.5. Then MC started synching more than 10K songs, telling me it would take 8+ hours -- no surprise -- and I watched the progress bar chug along until I went to bed. This morning, MC said it was done, I ejected the iPod -- and it is EMPTY -- not a single music file on it.

Synch settings: Convert on-the-fly as necessary to High Quality Portable. Clear the conversion cache first (selected presuming clean-up now-and-then was worthwhile). Delete any files on the iPod that aren't in the synch selection, which is a smartlist -- the same smartlist I always synch.

This evening I can go back through all the steps, but first it would help to have a clue what went wrong and how to avoid it next time.

Suggestions?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:28:41 am »

Did you try a second sync?  It's probably not empty.  It's just the database that can't be read.

MusicHawk

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:54:51 am »

I didn't notice the "no tunes" situation until I got to work, which is where I use the iPod (don't want to load our T1 by streaming from MC at home). I'll resynch with MC when I get home this evening. Anything else I should do or check first?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 12:57:29 pm »

The Modify Results portion of the Radio smartlist edit does not work (does nothing).  I tried limiting songs by 1 per Artist or 1 song per album and neither worked (even using 'stock' limits).  Tried 'Remove duplicates of' and that did not work either.

Also, there needs to be a visual indication somewhere on the main MC screen or Playing Now that you are in Radio mode or not (imho).

SwellGuy

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 01:44:33 pm »

iphoenix,

We currently don't sync chapter data to the iPod. It's on the wishlist.

Rick

SwellGuy

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:49:59 pm »

m1abrams,

We aren't ingesting non-itunes images - I've added it to the next build (12.0.382).

Rick

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 02:07:54 pm »

m1abrams,

We aren't ingesting non-itunes images - I've added it to the next build (12.0.382).

Rick

You really are a "SwellGuy"  :)

)p(

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 04:17:19 pm »

Peter, can you make a sniff and e-mail it to me (gateley @ jriver.com)? Instructions are here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

Make sure you have 380 installed.

Thanks,

j

Ok, I will do that this weekend. Thanks for willing to look into this. I am just starting with my trial period so everything is very new to me...

Peter

MusicHawk

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 07:53:13 pm »

>> Did you try a second sync?  It's probably not empty.  It's just the database that can't be read.

Resynching right now. Oddly, even though the iPod appears to be empty, MC says it will synch about a thousand FEWER files than it did yesterday -- same playlist, no changes to anything. But MC estimates it will take about 17 hours, vs. 8 hours yesterday for more files (I know it's just an estimate). Also, MC says the last synch was 11/19, when it really was yesterday.

MusicHawk

iPod synch ERROR?
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 09:02:26 pm »

It's been resyching for just over an hour (says 9% done, 16+ hours to go). The first 365 songs (out of 9000+) say Completed, BUT... all the recent songs say Uploading... followed by Error.

Never had that happen before -- what could it mean?

It's doing conversion on the fly, but there's a ton of free disc space and it's a hot box (dual-core, 2GB RAM). Also, many of the files that say Error are relatively low-fi so shouldn't be converting (if that's a factor).

So why is it taking twice as long as yesterday? Ahd what does Error mean? I have little confidence that 16 hours from now I'll have a loaded, useful iPod. So I'm cancelling, to try again.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 03:06:04 am »

16. Fixed: UPnP Server was not serving out content. (Browsing was working though).

Playing files still doesn't work on my Roku Soundbridge. The version number shown in the UPnP server log is still 1.0.47.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 05:38:52 am »

Haven't updated MC for a long time (half a year or something). Don't change a running system my grandpa allways said. Yesterday i have to do, because my new MP3-Player wasn't registrated from MC.
At the moment i'm seeing all the new features, improvements and gadgets and i must say, that i'm very impressed, what you have performed in this time. Thanks a lot guys!

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 12.0.380/Print Listing
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 10:15:42 am »

Why is it when I click on Print List I only see two columns.  How do I select just what columns I want to print.

Skylar  ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.380/Print Listing
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 03:10:25 pm »

Why is it when I click on Print List I only see two columns.  How do I select just what columns I want to print.

Skylar  ?

It prints all the columns in the current view.  Customizing a view changes how it will print.

Look at page 2, 3, etc. in the print preview to see more data.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

iPod synch cleared up
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 08:00:11 pm »

Update: It took more than 16 hours of MC chugging along, but the iPod now seems to be synched with MC. I had to restore the iPod using iTunes, when then revealed that 50% of the iPod's 80GB drive was in use, even though it found ZERO music files on it. iTunes had an option to delete cover art. Even though I don't use them and had MC and iTunes set to not load/use them, I selected "delete" and after working for a while, iTunes showed me that I had almost my entire drive's capacity back! Then I rechecked everything in MC to make sure it wasn't going to reload cover images, and started a new synch. After many hours, it added 9507 files to the iPod and they seem to play just fine.

Good news, but I'm puzzled how 50% of the drive got filled with whatever it was that iTunes deleted (neither iTunes nor MC told me what it was. I've never synched this iPod with anything but MC, using iTunes only to restore the raw OS/config when necessary. I don't intentionally download cover art, never mind put it in the iPod. Mysterious!

robydago

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 11:07:38 am »

just installed 12.0.380 and all my podcasts have Tag and File renameing rules reset to <Default>... :(

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 02:43:40 pm »

If the album has multiple artists per track mp3 then the album comes up missing under the Media Center Album Artist (Auto) pane.     This leaves me over 30 albums short under the audio album pane. The album pane will not show an album containing multiple artists on a track for a given main album artist.
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

shAf

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 02:46:26 pm »

I just installed this version and the shell integration has disappeared -- altho it is enabled in the options, and had been enabled in the previous version.
 ?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

edbro

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:41 pm »

I just installed this version and the shell integration has disappeared -- altho it is enabled in the options, and had been enabled in the previous version.
 ?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43449.0

rjm

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 03:51:18 pm »

I am observing that text in popups is a little "fuzzy" (ie. not crisp). Text everywhere else seems fine. I am using Intention skin with Tahoma 8 font but I see the same popup text fuzziness in other skins like Noire.

Anyone else seeing this?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 04:08:20 am »

?

I'm seeing this as well.  I still see "Play in Media Center" in the right click menu, but this is the ONLY MC option I see, and I see this whether or not "shell integration" is checked.  I still see this in the 383 beta build as well.  I'll put this in the 383 beta thread.

Thanks,

Larry

UPDATE:  JimH pointed out the fix to this in the beta forum -- you just need to reboot.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »

I seem to have lost Full Screen. I'm used to clicking a video file and having it open Full Screen. It doesn't anymore, just opens within the MC window and I can't find any settings to change it. Display options has Full Screen set to Nearest Monitor and Desktop Resolution.
The nearest I've got is to detach the display and maximise it but then I can't bring up the controls.

Edit: It's OK, I just had to maximise MC once for it to work as expected. I rarely use MC itself maximised.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 08:31:47 pm »

iphoenix,

We currently don't sync chapter data to the iPod. It's on the wishlist.

Rick

Thanks for keeping this on the list -- this is a feature that I definitely miss.

On a related subject, when listenning to aa files in MC, the "next" button still doesn't work to advance to the "next" track.  The button DOES work to advance to chapter points, but once you're passed the last chapter point the next button just jumps forward about 7 seconds at a time.  This has been an issue for quite some time now.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 08:32:53 pm »

?

A reboot should fix this.  I saw this as well until I rebooted (thanks to JimH for alerting me to this.)

Larry

MrHaugen

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 07:35:12 am »

I love the reduced hide time on the menu bar when in full screen mode!
Thanks for trying it out.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 07:21:31 am »

I have 3 computers running version 380, 2 XP machines and 1 Vista laptop.  One of the desktops and the Vista laptop are both missing the 'clear playing now' command from right clicking the list in the playing now screen.  The one that has the command, has the command appearing at the top of the list when right clicking in playing now.
 The desktop that is missing the command has two 'remove from list'  commands in the command box and the vista machine has 'paste from clipboard' as the top command in its list.

After doing a bit more checking, it appears whatever command I used from the right click menu in the playing now screen, appears as the top choice the next time I right click in playing now.  Still can't find the 'clear playing now' command...

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2007, 02:13:39 pm »

Right-click on the Playing Now entry in the tree at the left.  Should be the second entry from the bottom.

-John

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2007, 02:42:40 pm »

Thanks - I found it.. I also found it by right clicking on the column headers in Playing Now  and looking under 'more commands'.  Not sure why it was changed from the previous command structure - I am sure there was a good reason.

Jack

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 01:24:43 pm »

Morning!
Im not sure which version this started showing up in, becuase i just noticed it.
When I submit cover art to YADB, a number of odd things can happen.
First off I store my album art inside the mp3 file, if that makes any difference, and all the files in question are MP3's.
Problem 1
When i submit art for a batch of albums, on a number of albums i will recieve the message no art to upload : 6albums(or however many albums are affected). If i go in and submit each individualy sure enough , I find 6 that wont upload with the same error. If i copy and repaste the exact same artwork out of the file and back into the file, it works fine. kind of odd, but heres the reall kicker, if i try to resubmit, it tells me its already in the database. which it wasnt before i started. no wuestion (some are custom peices of artwork for small local albums that no one else has).

Problem 2
Is there any wany to alter YABD so it will accept album art form albums with titles that contain special characters? It taked the track info fine, but errors out on the cover art submission if, say, the title has an exclamation point in it.

I really appriciate all the work you guys do to help us out with our issues. Thanks in advance.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.380 - DVDs played from loca folder only
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 05:11:41 pm »

Please see this report: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43809.0

The problem is that my ripped DVDs play only if I copy them to a local disc e.g. somewhere in c:/users/... but not from my USB disc. The only message then is "Waiting" - MC would do this forever.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »

Problem 2
Is there any wany to alter YABD so it will accept album art form albums with titles that contain special characters? It taked the track info fine, but errors out on the cover art submission if, say, the title has an exclamation point in it.

I really appriciate all the work you guys do to help us out with our issues. Thanks in advance.

The problems with special characters in the coverart should be fixed now (was on the server side so you don't need a new version).
Pages: [1]   Go Up