INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod does not find any songs on itself  (Read 1118 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Ipod does not find any songs on itself
« on: December 03, 2007, 04:09:36 pm »

Hi!

I tried to sync my brothers ipod here the other day. I do not have an ipod for myself, so i am not to familiar with this, but have previously managed to sync it rather easy. But this time, when i connected it, MC said something about version of itunes and so on. I dont remember the complete message, and stupid as i was, i kinda just clicked ok, hoping MC would fix this. After this, all songs i sync with the ipod is located under some hidden folder (cant remember it now), and Ipod cannot find any songs.

I know i have probaly messed up with something basic, but may anyone point me in the direction to fix this? I tried rediscover all devices and formating ipod, causing a reinitialize to be needed. Also a ipod reset and a "reset all settings" on the ipod. Havent managed to reset it to factory defaults though, since this seems to require itunes.

Thanks alot for any tips.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ipod does not find any songs on itself
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:17:56 pm »

What build of MC are you using?  You can get 12.0.380 from the top of the MC12 board.

Does it work OK with the newest iTunes?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 08:57:42 pm »

You might have to check for updates and/or restore the iPod (you can do this in iTunes or at an Apple store) in order to get things working again.  I find that when things start acting a little strange with my iPods, it turns out that an iPod update is available, and an update/restore can fix things.  Even if no update is available, a restore can still fix issues sometimes.  Note that this is also the general advice given to iTunes users when things get a bit funky, so this isn't unique to MC.

Larry

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:37:39 pm »

He does not have itunes, so i'll have to install that for him.

I used the build from sunday, don't remember what version that was.

Thanks for the tips, i'll try it as soon as i am back in my old hometown.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up