INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.388  (Read 6348 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.388
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:21:26 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120388.exe

12.0.388 (12/7/2007)

1. Fixed: Removed test message box when an item in the playlist branch of the tree is right-clicked on.

12.0.387 (12/7/2007)

1. Changed: Improvement in TV time-shifting reader filter's seeking performance.
2. NEW: LeftDeadSpace and RightDeadSpace added to the position sliders (background image).  This allows a graphic on either side of the background that will not be part of the volume slider.
3. Fixed: Crash when MC is opened by double-clicking on a file in explorer.
4. Fixed: Crash when files that are in the handheld transfer queue are removed from the library.

12.0.386 (12/6/07)

1. NEW: Added a checkbox "Use the currently selected files as the seed for radio playback" to the radio playback dialog.
2. Fixed: Viewing the root of "Podcasts", leaving, and then returning could cause an empty view to show.
3. Fixed: Clicking a hyperlink in a dialog could show a "Can't open link" error, even if it worked. (only applies to last few builds)
4. Optimized: Improved handling of numeric fields so that they load and save faster, and use less memory in use.
5. Fixed: The podcasting engine could use much more memory than necessary.
6. Changed: Improved the messaging when trying to load a database that's from a newer version of the player.

12.0.385 (12/5/07)

1. Fixed: TV time-shifting and subsequent playback of saved TS file could hang if the video data becomes more than 2 GB (introduced in build 381).
2. NEW: Added info for Amazon Kindle.
3. Changed: Syncing all audio media type will no longer include url files to avoid syncing streams.
4. Fixed: Podcast cover art was getting all mixed up with other podcasts.
5. Fixed: Audible file types were getting erroneously excluded from supported file types on some devices.
6. Fixed: Searches like "Ab] would not properly find a string "AbAb".
7. Fixed: 3D text visualizations could crash.
8. NEW: Searches are performed independently in each tab / split view.
9. Fixed: Images should be rotated correctly when uploaded to facebook.
10. Fixed: Clips of pure silence would confuse the automatic replay gain boost adjustment.
11. NEW: Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab can be used to roll through open tabs / split views.
12. NEW: When right-clicking a pane list, the choice "Reset Selection For All Panes" is available. (useful in tabbed view)
13. Changed: (JPEGs) Reading in IPTC tags to Places field; change order to: Country, State, City.
14. Fixed: Locale-specific times are now really localized.
15. Fixed: Podcast status wasn't toggling correctly when clicked.
16. Fixed: Podcast images weren't getting saved correctly once the episode was downloaded.

12.0.384 (12/04/07)

1. Changed: Installer uses Unicode compliant control to show EULA.
2. Fixed: Media Jukebox will connect to Media Center's Library Server.
3. Fixed: The UPnP Server will serve content, not just browse (also fixed in 378).
4. Fixed: Keep Orphaned Episodes podcast setting was not getting saved.
5. Fixed: [ymd] was generating dates with 2 digit years (it now makes 4 digit years).
6. Fixed: Build process error could cause the application's icon to not be updated
7. Fixed: Playing an image would cause its thumbnail to get rebuilt.
8. Fixed: FLAC cover art could fail to be read from tags on a fresh install.
9. Fixed: Build included older FLAC plugin. (only affects build 383)
10. Fixed: Auto-complete tooltips in the smartlist editor dropdowns made it impossible to click the item under the tooltip.
11. Fixed: When building a smartlist with an empty library, no fields would be listed in the field drop-down.
12. Optimized: Several improvements to help program load times.
13. NEW: /Library command line switch changes the library.

12.0.383 (11/30/07)

1. NEW: Added expression function Tag(...) that reads the physical file tag for a value instead of looking in the database. (will be much slower than field access so use with care)
   Documentation for expression functions here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language
2. NEW: When requesting a tag field from a JPEG with the Tag(...) expression, you can put "IPTC: ", "XMP: ", "EXIF: ", or "MJMD: " in front of the tag field to force reading from only that tag. ( i.e. Tag(XMP: Date) )
3. Fixed: The 3D Tunnel visualization could crash.
4. NEW: Dates like 2007-08-03 9p now parse correctly
5. Changed: Updated the Czech language file.
6. Fixed: Some Podcasts weren't loading because of dates like "November 30, 2007".      

12.0.382 (11/29/07)

1. NEW: Revised appearance of "Cover Art" display when playing music. (larger image, added reflection, etc.)
2. Fixed: Handhelds weren't showing up in MC on systems running Vista (introduced in 12.0.381).
3. NEW: OSD menu for stream selection of mkv files.
4. Fixed: Smartlists for dates with "is after" selected were not working nicely.
5. Fixed: Restart TV time-shifting player on monitor change, or on menu command, did not preserve paused state.
6. Changed: Podcast feeds will look for and utilize the "cover art" image specified in the feed url (previously only looked for itunes:image).
7. NEW: Added a Website link to the Podcast Feed view.
8. NEW: Added the abiltity to sync back play stats (play count and ratings) for WMDM devices (devices that don't show up as drives)
     NOTE 1: This will slow down reading the files on the device.
     NOTE 2: This doesn't work yet for Windows Mobile devices.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.388
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 12:05:36 am »

Not sure if this behavior is intended but when I select locate album in Media Center, it expands "My Computer" to show the file in its file location.

Also, the EQ still has a minor problem.  If I turn it on and move the sliders around, selecting "Flat" from the top menu does not change the EQ bars.  Selecting it a *second* time does make it.  A third attempt changes it to what my second change was.  It's moving the sliders to the previously selected drop down.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:49:52 am »

Crash fixed, thanks

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:22 am »

Still having issues with Podcast coverart.  This includes podcasts that use to always work with coverart. 
Edit:The podcast is tagged with Image File as "Folder.jpg". However within the folder that the podcast resides there is no Folder.jpg.

Started new thread here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43862.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:26 am »

Still having issues with Podcast coverart.  This includes podcasts that use to always work with coverart.
Please start a new thread with details and add a link to it here.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:43:02 am »

8. NEW: Searches are performed independently in each tab / split view.

If I search in an audio view, then add from there to playing now, the playing now view is filtered based on the search too - but the search box for that view will remain empty.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 11:23:51 am »

Just found another random crash-
Right-click on a currently downloading podcast episode & press delete. There ought to be an error that the file is still downloading, instead MC crashes.
Log:
Code: [Select]
0201008: 3844: Podcast: CPodcastFeed::UpdateDB: Start
0201008: 3844: Podcast: CPodcastFeed::UpdateDB: URL: http://leoville.tv/podcasts/sn.xml
0201008: 3844: Podcast: CPodcastFeed::UpdateDB: Finish (0 ms)
0201008: 3844: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Start
0201023: 3844: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Art\ViewHeaderPodcast.png
0201023: 3844: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Art\ViewHeaderPodcast.png
0201023: 3844: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (15 ms)
0202022: 3844: Podcast: CPodcastWorker[4]: Start
0202022: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: Start
0202022: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: ID=755977
0202022: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time before cancel loop = 0
0202022: 3844: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0202022: 2832: Reader: CInternetReader::Read: InternetReadFile returned false, GetLastError=12030
0202022: 2832: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: F:\Podcasts\Episode01501873.mp3
0202022: 3844: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (0 ms)
0202022: 2832: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0202022: 2832: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (0 ms)
0202022: 2832: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: F:\Podcasts\Episode01501873.mp3
0202022: 2832: General: CNDownloadTask::DownloadContent: download failed, internet error=-2
0202022: 2832: General: CNDownloadTask::DownloadContent: Finish (6131 ms)
0202022: 2832: General: CNDownloadTask::Thread: m_nError=13, m_bCancel=0, m_bRetry=0
0202022: 2832: General: CNDownloadTask::Thread: Finish (6131 ms)
0202037: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time for cancel loop = 11
0202037: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::RemoveDeadTasks: removing task 755977, nThreads=0
0202037: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: elapsed time for RemoveDeadTasks = 0
0202037: 3844: General: CNDownloadQueue::Cancel: Finish (15 ms)
0202037: 3844: Podcast: CPodcastWorker[4]: Finish (15 ms)
0202037: 3844: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0202053: 2824: Podcast: CPodcastWorker::ReadURLToFile: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/aolradio.podcast.aol.com/sn/SN-121.mp3: Finish (6193 ms)
0202053: 2824: Podcast: CPodcastWorker::Thread[CPodcastWorker[4]]: Operation Cancelled
0202053: 2824: Podcast: CPodcastWorker::Thread[CPodcastWorker[4]]: Finish (6193 ms)

-Leezer-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 08:06:35 am »

When starting playback of a DVD from Theater View (starting at Home, highlighting CD/DVD, and hitting Enter on the remote), I wind up seeing a blank screen, but with Vista's taskbar along the bottom. I hear sound, but there's no picture. If I hit Stop on my remote, I wind up in Theater View's Playing Now. I then hit Play on the remote and the DVD starts playing in the lower half of Playing Now. At this point I can go to Big Screen, and it works as expected.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:41:39 am »

If I search in an audio view, then add from there to playing now, the playing now view is filtered based on the search too - but the search box for that view will remain empty.

Could you please provide a step-by-step.  I'm not able to make this happen.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 11:45:22 am »

If I'm reading this correctly...

Playing Now isn't really filtered in this case. It's just that the files that got sent to Playing Now were the result of a filter applied in your audio view. Even if you did apply the same search criteria to Playing Now, there would be no difference because the only files that were sent to Playing Now are already the result of that search.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 01:30:47 pm »

Could you please provide a step-by-step.  I'm not able to make this happen.

Actually, the behavior is easy to reproduce.

1. Open two tabs. A library view that shows two or more albums and Playing Now.
2. In the "albums" tab play one album (replace playing now).
3. Make a search so that only one other album is visible.
4. Add this album to the Playing Now queue (to end).
5. Change to the "playing now" tab.

Only the tracks from the latter album are visible in the list even though the first album is still playing.
If the "playing now" tab is refreshed it shows all tracks.

I have "Jump on play" set to None.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 01:49:29 pm »

Only the tracks from the latter album are visible in the list even though the first album is still playing.

I often work in several Tabs and have seen this as well. In my case it happens occaisionally without doing the search routine outlined above.

Most of the time clicking in another tree branch and then back to Playing Now restores the view to properly show all the files in Playing Now.
. . . the game is rigged

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 04:31:07 pm »

With v386 When ripping with separate encoder and ripping processes and cd eject on complete the cd ejects only on the completion of the encoding process after the final ripping process and not on rip completion - only a small thing...

and when I put in the next cd while the previous encoding is still occurring the behaviour is strange, either I can't start the next rip or the system won't show the progress of the previous encoding process depending on the build - and I've gone back a while looking for the changes...

thanks

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 06:45:15 pm »

I can confirm the above ripping problem.  Has persisted for as long as I can remember.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 07:05:40 pm »

Cheers Alex, was away from my computer for a while...
That's it exactly,
I use a split view which makes it a bit easier to see as you can see it instantly.

punkman

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 12:47:50 am »

Hi,

First of all, I really appreciate the spirit of the new "Play Radio" feature, that's a really cool idea.

However, there are still some problems. The worst I encountered is that it seems to heavily prioritize large albums: I have one of these "anthology" albums in my collection (it's 10 CDs, but it's tagged as one album with 312 songs). Although my current library contains about 6000 songs on 400 albums, "Play Radio" seems to play songs from that large album almost exclusively, even after I skipped some songs. At best, about every 2nd song is from that album, so the frequency is clearly way above chance.

As this doesn't seem to be the way it's supposed to work, maybe you can look into this and include a similar setup in your test cases.

Keep up the good work!

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 09:52:52 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug. I've got this latest version of MC. If I right-click on "playing now" in the tree and select "Clear playing now" , then go to images and double click on an image, then go back to "playing now" , then all the images in the library seem to be automatically added to "playing now".

Thanks
Cosmic

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:00 am »

I'm not sure if this is a bug. I've got this latest version of MC. If I right-click on "playing now" in the tree and select "Clear playing now" , then go to images and double click on an image, then go back to "playing now" , then all the images in the library seem to be automatically added to "playing now".

Thanks
Cosmic

Things that play get put in Playing Now, including images.  It won't hurt anything.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48:32 am »

Things that play get put in Playing Now, including images.  It won't hurt anything.

But I'm not playing all the images , just the one? When I double-click only one image, the entire image library is put in "playing now"

If I click play one audio album, then only that album in put in Playing now, not the entire library of audio files...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 11:31:26 am »

But I'm not playing all the images , just the one? When I double-click only one image, the entire image library is put in "playing now"

If I click play one audio album, then only that album in put in Playing now, not the entire library of audio files...

If you double-click a single audio file, all the files around it also get added to Playing Now.

If you double-click an image in a set of images, you can then hit "Play" (or spacebar) to let it play a slideshow.

This is also configurable, but there's no reason to care.  There is no performance penalty.

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 01:03:57 pm »

Alrighty! Thanks Matt.

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:17:52 pm »

With v386 When ripping with separate encoder and ripping processes and cd eject on complete the cd ejects only on the completion of the encoding process after the final ripping process and not on rip completion - only a small thing...

and when I put in the next cd while the previous encoding is still occurring the behaviour is strange, either I can't start the next rip or the system won't show the progress of the previous encoding process depending on the build - and I've gone back a while looking for the changes...

thanks

Rich

forgot to say: with an much earlier build (when v12 was released) it worked then, you could have separate rip and encode processes and also when teh last cd ejected start the next cd ripping and all the incomplete encoding of tracks is still shown in the cd drive device status page.

Thoughts? (is the current behaviour intended as this seems to be a backward step)

Thanks

R
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04:23 pm »

12.0.382 (11/29/07)
8. NEW: Added the abiltity to sync back play stats (play count and ratings) for WMDM devices (devices that don't show up as drives)
     NOTE 1: This will slow down reading the files on the device.
     NOTE 2: This doesn't work yet for Windows Mobile devices.

Uh, I don't think this is working right, at least not with my Sansa E250R in MTP mode.

The initial sync of the following two playlists went fine and put 217 files on the Sansa.
1) Audiobooks: Simple playlist with 6 files
2) Random Songs: Playlist: Favorite Albums, Random Albums Sort: Random
Notes:
Favorite Albums = Simple playlist with 2 albums (23 files)
Random Albums = Not Playlist: Favorite Albums ~limit=-1,1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~limit=-1,2,[Album Artist (auto)] ~mix=16,70%,{p=Favorites\Me},30%,{p=Variety\Me} ~a  (basically 13 random albums with no more than 2 per artist 70% from my favorites and 30% from everything else)

I disconnected the Sansa and the first thing I noticed was that none of the songs on the Sansa were rated though they are in MC (is that supposed to work?).  I played around 30 songs and rated a few of them, then re-connected the Sansa to the PC.  MC found it and spent a while "Working...".  When completed things don't seem to have gone according to plan.

All of the songs on the Sansa show up twice (434 vs the original 217),  the year has changed to 2098, the bitrate is out to lunch, and none of the songs I rated on the Sansa had their ratings synced back to MC.

Other notes:
1) The arrows on the separator bar between the artist/album and files pane (circled) don't work.
2) I can't rename my sansa from "John's Sansa (1)" to just "John's Sansa" - Device connected in MSC mode was named that

Edit:
It looks like the Sansa/MC? creates an .alb playlist in each Album directory.  Maybe MC is picking up the duplicates from there?
If I turn off the "Get play stats from handheld on connect" option, disconnect the Sansa, and reconnect it, MC now sees the correct 217 files, but the dates and bitrates are still messed up.

-John

edbro

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 06:00:18 pm »

F8 Hotkey (Add Playlist) is not working for me.

F9 (Add Smartlist) works as advertised.

SwellGuy

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 09:24:43 am »

Skeetfood,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We're looking into it...

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up