INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing files from windows explorer  (Read 2179 times)

kbott

• Recent member
Importing files from windows explorer
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:05:59 am »

Hi,

I just upgraded from MJ8 to 12 because it now supports flac and is free.  When I go to import a file from widows explorer the old mj8 icon is still there so its not importing  I can import from MJ itself but this is a pain.  Is there a way to fix this

thanx

ken

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing files from windows explorer
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:06:51 am »

Shell extensions may not change until you reboot.

Make sure they're on in MJ12 first.

kbott

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 03:59:08 pm »

in tools options general i turned on enable shell integration rebooted and nothing it was still pointing at mj8  then i tried deleting mj8 but couldn't as it wouldn't delete mjshellext.dll.  i then moved the dll over to my mj12 folder and still nothing i then uninstalled and deleted everything but when i reinstalled the import option in windows explorer is completely gone.  i can also no longer find the mjshellext.dll so i'm wondering if i need that.  any suggestions

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:22:29 pm »

I cannot get MJ12 Shell integrations to work either.  I had previously had MC11 installed. I uninstalled MC11 and installed MJ12.  I have rebooted several times since then and still no shell integration.  I have tried checking and unchecking the shell integration checkbox multiple times, but still no success.

Win XP SP2
IE 7
Logged in as an Administrator

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 03:26:58 pm »

Give it a try with the next build.  12.0.19.  I did not include an important DLL.

There might still be issues if you want MC12 shell extensions AND MJ12 shell extensions.  (If it works great, let me know.  Then I'll know I'm dealing with a Vista issue.)

kbott

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 01:11:46 pm »

cool beans  it works  BTW I'm on Windows XP  still cant quite figure out if having a flac plugin was worth the update as the tag editor totally blows compared to the ease of use of what was in MJ8  I record a lot of vinyl so I need both a mass tagger and then the granularity to do individual tracks

is there any way to just pull up the properties box of an album easily  I tried to wade through the how to and it still isnt clear how to do it without 20 different steps

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:19:54 pm »

Do you mean the tag?  Alt-Enter.

kbott

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:48 pm »

thank you  that will work  still not quite as easy as the box that popped up when you pulled up properties but after a few tries I think I'll get used to it

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 03:19:03 pm »

I record a lot of vinyl so I need both a mass tagger and then the granularity to do individual tracks

is there any way to just pull up the properties box of an album easily  I tried to wade through the how to and it still isnt clear how to do it without 20 different steps

Action Window > Tag is fine. You don't need to include the file list in the tagger window. The standard details view list works as well.

Personally, I add the needed columns to a view scheme and use the interface like an Excel sheet. Some of my view schemes have over 50 columns.

You can select all files in a file list view and edit one of the column values directly without going to the Tag window. The edited value will be applied to all selected files. You can use the right-click+drag lasso selection system for making partial selections easily. (In addition, you can activate the lasso selection also for left-click in the program options).

MC12 and MJ12 are a lot more advanced taggers and file organizers than MJ8 was. Just give MJ12 some time. It includes all changes that were made to the file handling system in MC9-12 during the last five years so it is a big step forward from MJ8.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up