INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video and audio in separate zones  (Read 1383 times)

p7389

• World Citizen
Video and audio in separate zones
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »

I only use MC for audio, but I'm considering to start to use it for video as well (currrently using Zoom Player). However, I have this one gripe... I would like to have audio and video separated into different zones, so that I may pause my audio wherever I may be, and start a video, and the otherway around. I know that I can manually switch zones, but it would be great if by clicking the video icon, the program would automatically swith to a designated video zone.

An alternative, I guess, would be if the different zones would remeber what view they're in, i.e. when I press ctrl+t and enter Zone 2, that it'd remember that I left it at video, and when going back to Zone 1 it'd remeber that I left it in audio view. As it is know the zone changes but the UI is constant (which also is good in a sense - an option perhaps?).

Anyway, the best would be if video files could be associated with its own zone. An added bonus here is that if I click on a video file in windows shell, it'd start directly in this zone and thus not interrput/reset my audio zone.

Is this something that could be done, currently? Otherwise, consider it a feature request.

It's just the way I use media. I often pause in the middle of both films and albums, to continue later, and often I do the other thing inbetween ;).
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video and audio in separate zones
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:19:04 pm »

I don't know of a way you could do exactly what you're asking for, but if you stop a video, MC can bookmark it so you can start at the same position.

MJ12 is free and can co-exist with MC12.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »

Well the whole point would be to use the same app in a sense as if it were two (in the way I described)... Otherwise I see no reason to switch away from my current combo (MC and Zoom Player).

Although it is true, since the last Xbox 360 update I've switched to playing videos on there instead (it's awesome), except for just small clips. So it's not that big of an issue, I guess.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:33:48 pm »

You could probably do what you mean with Girder. Having an icon or shortcut key that switches the zone to whatever you want and starts playback of something.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

gappie

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:43:23 pm »

I only use MC for audio, but I'm considering to start to use it for video as well (currrently using Zoom Player). However, I have this one gripe... I would like to have audio and video separated into different zones, so that I may pause my audio wherever I may be, and start a video, and the otherway around. I know that I can manually switch zones, but it would be great if by clicking the video icon, the program would automatically swith to a designated video zone.

Anyway, the best would be if video files could be associated with its own zone. An added bonus here is that if I click on a video file in windows shell, it'd start directly in this zone and thus not interrput/reset my audio zone.

ive been thinking about this after the recent imageview updates wich did not really do it for me. a way to say, use this zone for playing back videoos and this for audio and this for images. even checked the mc automation options to see if i could program something like that myself, catching the file before it was placed in playing now and send it to its own zone, but i couldnt.

because that is what i do now a different zone for audio playback and for video and images. using girder to switch. but sometimes things get messed up. but when you would click video and it would play and switch to  its own zone undependent from which zone you are in. that would be sooo sweet.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up