INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.398  (Read 1539 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.398
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:00:26 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
[build pulled -- MC was crashing when a jpg was double clicked from Explorer]

12.0.398 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Build.  Proper Upnp server in the build.

12.0.397 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Playback of ranged files (i.e. CUE tracks) would not always be sample-perfect with regards to duration, causing gapless playback hiccups.
2. Changed: CUE file track file size is filled from the size of the full link file, pro-rated according to duration. (so the sum of all tracks will equal the size of the link file)
3. Fixed: Dates would not parse correctly in locales where the month was specified with two digits: e.g. 11/01/1913 for Jan 11, 1913
4. Changed: We now list content in hidden folders on Sansa E200 series players in MSC mode.
5. Fixed: File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
6. Changed: The expression function ListCombine(...) removes duplicates.
7. Fixed: Shutdown could take longer than expected when many podcasts were subscribed to and the podcasts were stored on a slow drive.
8. Fixed: Permission prompt popped up every time an iPod was connected on systems running Vista.
9. Changed: Added several new date formats to the date parser.
10. Fixed: The sharing servers were not accepting requests.
11. Changed: Screen Grab in video playback puts grabbed images in a subfolder of Application Data, instead of the Program Files folder.

12.0.396 (12/17/2007)

1. Fixed: Unassigned would not show in the panes for list-style fields.
2. Fixed: DVD playback using the EVR renderer would not properly maintain aspect ratio.
3. Changed: Nested keywords are saved and loaded to XMP and ITPC tags using forward slash as the delimiter instead of backslash.
4. Fixed: One letter groupings were not working properly in the panes.
5. NEW: Added Replace(string, what to find, what to replace with [optional -- defaults to empty]) expression function.
6. Changed: Searches and smartlist wizard allow searching for a playlist group, which in-turn searches all child playlists.
7. NEW: Cover Art style can be chosen in the right-click menu. (can choose between plain, drop shadow, rotated)
8. Changed: After clearing the date, then rotating an image, the date could come back incorrectly.
9. Changed: Auto-tagging on import to fill empty names with the filename, empty dates with the file date, etc. will only happen on original import -- never when simply updating file info from tags.
10. Changed: "Save time-shifting on stop" context menu options are listed in a submenu, instead of being listed as a single toggling item.
11. Fixed: Refresh (F5) or navigating into an artist / album stack would incorrectly clear the search.
12. Optimized: The Action Window and other things tied to the selected files update more smoothly when switching tabs.
13. Fixed: The options dialog would incorrectly allow editing of some items with a slow double click.

12.0.395 (12/14/2007)

1. Fixed: Typing a search, leaving a view, and coming back would cause the search to still be applied, even without using the back shortcut to preserve view state.

12.0.394 (12/14/2007)

1. Fixed: Keywords wouldn't nest when added to a view scheme until restarting the player.
2. Changed: All list style fields are nestable.
3. NEW: Added expression function ListCombine(List1, List2, PathToAppendToList2 (optional, defaults to empty), Delimiter (optional, defaults to semicolon)) to combine list type fields.
4. NEW: Added "DirectShow Filters" context menu options for TV, including "Copy graph info to clipboard".
5. Fixed: Shutting down the player during a podcast download or handheld transfer could cause a crash.
6. Fixed: When uploading tracks that need to be downloaded, the player could crash if a download error was encountered.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 12.0.398
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:01:55 am »

Tab behavior change in editing should be changed next build.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 10:39:58 am »

10. Fixed: The sharing servers were not accepting requests.

Yep, works again.  Thanks. :)

rjm

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:39:48 am »

11. Changed: Screen Grab in video playback puts grabbed images in a subfolder of Application Data, instead of the Program Files folder.

Thanks! You guys are great.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:09:59 pm »

I noticed this last night on a fresh OS install with 12.0.396, but I bet it's still there.

The first time you use the JRiver Sound Recorder it records the files as .wma's no matter how you configure it.  After the first use, it seems to obey your configuration.

-John

rjm

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 02:35:05 pm »

This is only partially fixed. The empty directory is no longer created upon conversion. However, it is created by opening and closing the options dialog (even with the option turned off to relocate).

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 04:50:01 pm »

The on-again off-again on-again bug...

Apparently I can't do time mathematics - the issue I was seeing with scheduler IS still an issue.

I set scheduler to play a playlist in 1 minutes time - the status shows 1hour 1minute.

Could this be related to Sydney DST time?
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store
Pages: [1]   Go Up