INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.399  (Read 4774 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.399
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:57:48 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120399.exe

12.0.399 (12/19/2007)

1. Changed: Tab, Shift+Tab, etc. navigation is no longer disabled when editing multiple files at one time. (remember that Ctrl+Z is available to undo a change)
2. Changed: Added panes to the tab rotation in the player.
3. Changed: Internal changes to visualization plug-ins, including 2D, 3D and Track Info.
4. Changed: When the handheld option to remove cover art from converted files is set, the option for saving cover art to the 'folder.jpg' file is disabled.
5. Fixed: Screen grab in video playback did not work when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.
6. Optimized: Improved core string performance, which makes all areas of the program faster.
7. Optimized: Loading and saving of the playlists database is faster.
8. Optimized: Several optimizations that improve program load time.
9. Fixed: Starting image playback from Explorer with MC not running could crash.
10. Fixed: In tagging mode, checkboxes would not be properly updated for nested fields on tree expansion.
11. Fixed: Manual podcast downloads were not showing In Queue with all caps to show they had priority. (but were still working like always)
12. Changed: When applying sorting to a view scheme or smartlist rule by customizing the view, other sort tokens are preserved if they're not at the end of the search.
13. Fixed: (again) File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
14. Fixed: The first time you used the sound recorder it would record in wma format no matter how you configured it.

12.0.398 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Build.

12.0.397 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Playback of ranged files (i.e. CUE tracks) would not always be sample-perfect with regards to duration, causing gapless playback hiccups.
2. Changed: CUE file track file size is filled from the size of the full link file, pro-rated according to duration. (so the sum of all tracks will equal the size of the link file)
3. Fixed: Dates would not parse correctly in locales where the month was specified with two digits: e.g. 11/01/1913 for Jan 11, 1913
4. Changed: We now list content in hidden folders on Sansa E200 series players in MSC mode.
5. Fixed: File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
6. Changed: The expression function ListCombine(...) removes duplicates.
7. Fixed: Shutdown could take longer than expected when many podcasts were subscribed to and the podcasts were stored on a slow drive.
8. Fixed: Permission prompt popped up every time an iPod was connected on systems running Vista.
9. Changed: Added several new date formats to the date parser.
10. Fixed: The sharing servers were not accepting requests.
11. Changed: Screen Grab in video playback puts grabbed images in a subfolder of Application Data, instead of the Program Files folder.

12.0.396 (12/17/2007)

1. Fixed: Unassigned would not show in the panes for list-style fields.
2. Fixed: DVD playback using the EVR renderer would not properly maintain aspect ratio.
3. Changed: Nested keywords are saved and loaded to XMP and ITPC tags using forward slash as the delimiter instead of backslash.
4. Fixed: One letter groupings were not working properly in the panes.
5. NEW: Added Replace(string, what to find, what to replace with [optional -- defaults to empty]) expression function.
6. Changed: Searches and smartlist wizard allow searching for a playlist group, which in-turn searches all child playlists.
7. NEW: Cover Art style can be chosen in the right-click menu. (can choose between plain, drop shadow, rotated)
8. Changed: After clearing the date, then rotating an image, the date could come back incorrectly.
9. Changed: Auto-tagging on import to fill empty names with the filename, empty dates with the file date, etc. will only happen on original import -- never when simply updating file info from tags.
10. Changed: "Save time-shifting on stop" context menu options are listed in a submenu, instead of being listed as a single toggling item.
11. Fixed: Refresh (F5) or navigating into an artist / album stack would incorrectly clear the search.
12. Optimized: The Action Window and other things tied to the selected files update more smoothly when switching tabs.
13. Fixed: The options dialog would incorrectly allow editing of some items with a slow double click.

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.399 (will there be a 400?--stay tuned)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:31:22 am »

I am currently using build 396. I am trying to keep up with the builds. Anyway, I noticed the following:

1. On the Import Folder (File/Library/Import Folder), there is some sort of length restriction on the path edit control. It will only display and let you enter the number of characters that can fit in the width of the control. If I browse, it seems to accept the entire path even though I can't cursor to the end.

2. I was doing some ripping to MP4. MC didn't find the album in the lookup database and plowed ahead with the rip. All the tracks had unknown on them. I used MP3Tagger to correct everything. When I select Library Tools/Update Library from Tags, MC says "#X files updated (X failures)." It would appear MC can't read MP4 tags. Or can it? When I do an import, it works fine. This is annoying as I have to delete crappy rips updated with MP3Tagger and then re-import instead of using the handy Update Library (from tags) option.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:48 am »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, so please do not shoot the messenger, but I think I found the one & only bug in this build.

While I am editing tags in the file list view of a folder, if I select an album of files and right click a column (i.e. Genre) and select F2 - Rename, when I change the data in the tag IF I hit enter to save the tags all is well.

HOWEVER if I edit the tag and then right click another column to edit that tag next (i.e. Date) the data from the first tag edited appears in this second colums INSTEAD of in the column where it was edited into.  (So I wind up with my Genre in my Date column)
You must hit Enter to save the tag change, and this was never necessary before.

I have this happening on two seperate WinXP machines, so I do not think it is my system.
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:53:38 am »

For me, it's almost "ready". Not counting possible new bugs, the recent cue track change fixed one of the remaining behavior problems I had with MC12 when compared with MC11.1. There is only one other long withstanding "MC12 annoyance" and it would be easily fixed if my (latest) suggestion in the beta forum would be possible:

If AW>Tag is set to show a lot of library fields it is more difficult to access the format info window in MC12 than it was in MC11.1. Many users don't realize that such a feature even exists. This could be fixed by adding an additional link like in this mockup:

Click to enlarge.

The recent feature requests can be considered for the next MC version.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:19:34 am »

We like that idea Alex.  It'll be in the next build.

Should the playback stats line link to the format page as well?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:41:21 am »

Should the playback stats line link to the format page as well?

It really doesn't matter, but maybe not. It's a different thing.

Though, a bigger link area is easier to hit.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:34:42 pm »

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this Bug?

HOWEVER if I edit the tag and then right click another column to edit that tag next (i.e. Date) the data from the first tag edited appears in this second colums INSTEAD of in the column where it was edited into.  (So I wind up with my Genre in my Date column)
You must hit Enter to save the tag change, and this was never necessary before.
. . . the game is rigged

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:36:30 pm »

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this Bug?

I was too scared to try!   ::)

EDIT:  Tested and confirmed!  At first I wasn't figuring it out because I mis-read your post.  You have to Right-Click on the second column to get the bug to appear (left click doesn't work).  It is working just as you described for me as well though.

I noticed something else, if you are only editing ONE FILE (rather than a multiple selection), the bug manifests differently.  Instead of swapping the data over to the "new column" that you right-clicked on, it actually erases the contents of the "new column" but properly saves the new content to the original column.

So, for example:

1. I "F2 edited" Genre on only one of my files from "Indie" to "Test".  This file already had [Year]=2002
2. I moved over and right-clicked on the Year column in that same file.
3. The [Genre] change "took" (became "Test"), but the contents of [Year] vanished.  It did NOT "open for editing" the Year tag.  It just "pop" vanished.
4. Undo, Undo fixed me back up.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AoXoMoXoA

Re: Media Center 12.0.399
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:13 pm »

thanks Glynor

apparently build 400 was pre-destined   ;)
. . . the game is rigged

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 02:55:48 pm »

Small bug that wouldn't be worth going to 400 for, but if 400 be the last build I think I should post this now:
I tend to use the keyboard to navigate the right click menus.  In Windows Explorer or any other application I can press right to access a sub-menu.  In MC this doesn't always seem to work if the sub-menu is appearing to the left (i.e. if the first menu is at the right edge of the screen).  It usually works for the first couple of sub-menus but then will make the current sub-menu disappear rather than the next appear  :-\  It doesn't seem to be consistent though - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

2nd bug (sorry) more just out of curiosity now - has anyone else experienced this? (Actually I posted this before ages ago)
I tend to use the keyboard for minimizing things - alt-space, N
About 50% of the time when I try to do this to MC it causes MC to crash.  Have only had this happen in Vista.  Instantly playback stops and I get an MC has crashed and needs to close box.  If I try to demonstrate this and it doesn't crash first time, it will generally keep working upon repeated pressings of alt-space (the point at which it would crash), at least till some time later.  However, the second time and onwards the menu will often appear twice as wide:

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Date Display Missing
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 03:28:54 pm »

In 'playing now' with color display at the top, the date next to (C) is missing.

Skylar

rjm

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:48:16 pm »

Just so this isn't missed for the final clean-up...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44064.0

raldo

crash during install
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 05:04:43 pm »

I downloaded 399 and started the installation.

At one point you get the message "there is an instance of MC running, would you like  [...]" or something like that.

I closed MC before hitting "yes" and the JIT debugger came up...

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »

Hitting [F2] (or slow double click) in any field to edit and then hitting [tab] to jumb to the next field doesn't scroll to the right. It jumps to the next field and I'm able to type, but I cannot see the field. I have to scroll manually to the left. [Caps]+[tab] works as excpected.

Have this here on two different machines, one with XP and one with Vista.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 05:17:16 pm »

1. Changed: Tab, Shift+Tab, etc. navigation is no longer disabled when editing multiple files at one time. (remember that Ctrl+Z is available to undo a change)

Thanks Jim - very pleased to see this back.

I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet but I will.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 05:22:40 pm »

Hitting F2 (or slow double klick) in any field to edit and then hitting [tab] to jumb to the next field doesn't scroll to the right. It jumps to the next field and I'm able to type, but I cannot see the field. I have to scroll manually to the left. [Caps]+[tab] works as excpected.

Have this here on two different machines, one with XP and one with Vista.

Also similarly, if you click a column to edit which is only partialy in view MC used to scroll left or right so as to bring that column fully into view. This no longer occurs.
. . . the game is rigged

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 05:45:10 pm »

Not really a bug as such, but...

If I hover over a song name, I get lots of useful information, such as filetype, filename, bitrate...

However, if the name is not fully visible, it just gives me the full name...which is pretty useless considering that would have been in the full tooltip anyway, and now I can't see the filename and stuff.

I'm sure it never used to be like this!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »

Also similarly, if you click a column to edit which is only partialy in view MC used to scroll left or right so as to bring that column fully into view. This no longer occurs.

Confirmed here: for me it works fine if MC has to scroll to the left, but it doesn't if MC has to scroll to the right (as discribed by AoXoMoXoA).

Not really a bug as such, but...

If I hover over a song name, I get lots of useful information, such as filetype, filename, bitrate...

However, if the name is not fully visible, it just gives me the full name...which is pretty useless considering that would have been in the full tooltip anyway, and now I can't see the filename and stuff.

I'm sure it never used to be like this!

Well, this way is usefull for fields which are not shown in "big" tooltip.
I personally don't like the small tooltips, because sometimes there is a small one which hinders me to dropp a file...

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 02:20:56 am »

In Handheld options->Files & Paths, checking/un-checking the "Use WMDM (allows protected WM content)" pops up a dialog box asking if you're sure.  Selecting No, still checks/un-checks the box, but doesn't seem to rescan the device and add/remove options that are only valid in WMDM mode.

-John

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 02:24:48 am »

4. Changed: We now list content in hidden folders on Sansa E200 series players in MSC mode.

Any chance you can add an option to exclude showing some directories?  I really don't want to see the contents of my .rockbox directory when I'm checking what's going to be synced.

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up