INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using DFX plug in?  (Read 1771 times)

sekim

Anyone using DFX plug in?
« on: August 11, 2002, 07:06:47 am »

Recently added new HD and wiped out the old drive for fresh install of XP. Which in turn deleted every registry entry so I could try DFX again on the trial basis. I'm discovering that this latest version (of DFX) is very good, except that I cannot use the built in 3D effects that are included with the purchased copy.

HMMM...Wonder if I can use MJ's Surround Field instead. Yep. Unchecked the Enviroment and just used Subwoofer and Insano-Extreme. Wow!! Also use the EQ at the same time for some interesting effects. Decided that this is a must have and placed an order.

For now, I've just been using this thru the computer speakers. Small set of Koss desktops. Amazing what this can do in conjunction with the DSP Studio in MJ. Which I like. In the not so distant future there is a Stereo Link going to be added (for main stereo). And quite possibly a set of the Klipsch 5.1 units (computer). I really like what this computer has done for my music listening in general. Becomes more enjoyable with every new discovery. I also think I listen more often now then when it was with the stereo alone.

Ricardo

• Recent member
RE:Anyone using DFX plug in?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 07:41:23 am »

If you are a registered user of DFX, just installed using Plug-In manager and enter your code the first time you restart MJB.

sekim

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2002, 08:14:13 am »

Must wait at least one business day before the e-mail will come thru. Ordered yesterday. Probably Monday before the e-mail arrives.

phelt

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 09:31:51 am »

Back when I used MusicMatch, I also used DFX. But after playing with it for a while, I noticed that it was affecting sound even when all levels were set to zero. I believe there was a preset for "none" or similar language. Since I do not like to repeatedly go through multiple menu steps in order to achieve what software claims to do, I stopped using DFX.

Besides, I cannot respect any function with a maximum value of 5. Everyone knows that really good equipment goes to 11  

shelly

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 10:32:41 am »

I also stopped using DFX, as it seems to muffle the sound rather than enhance it.  

Listening to: 'Live - Jazz 24/7 Around The World' from ' [Radio]' by ' Berlin' on Media Jukebox  (I think this is the best jazz station on the internet and it works great in MJ)

Shelly

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 01:52:14 pm »

I purchased the Winamp version of DFX v6 (works in both Winamp AND Media Jukebox) but have since found that if I use it at all, I only use the Fidelity function.

I have found fantastic results when using the Optimax plugin from Octiv.
http://www.octiv.com/

You can download a trial version by going to the site above, then click the tab at the top labeled "Downloads", then "Try", then "Octimax Winamp Plug-in".  The price is about the same as DFX (<20 USD).

I found that using the "Jazz" preset gives about the same effect as the "Fidelity" setting in DFX.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 01:53:31 pm »

PS

In case the above directions get you lost, here's the direct link to the Octimax trial.

http://www.octiv.com/dnld/OctiMax_for_Winamp_151.exe

kandarohi

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2002, 09:27:14 am »

i went to the dsp plugins page, and downloaded the first item there which looks like a big square red box with 5 sliders. i have found that with the sliders set at 8, 7, 8, 2 and 5, standard 128bps mp3s sound miles better. the full versions surround sound feature does not seem to improve matters with my old soundcard and 2 speaker setup, but might be worth paying for with the setup you mention. there is something else intriguing on that dsp page, called the wow thing, but i have never got it to download properly. if you try it and it works for you, could you post a message with the wow thing in the subject for me? thanks. p.s. a good feature of the dfx thing i first mentioned is that you can turn the power switch off and on whilst listening to a track without the music stopping. this allows a really objective listen to whether in your opinion, the settings you are using really do improve matters for you, or if you might be fooling yourself, which in turn helps the decision of whether to pay the small charge for the fully featured version. happy listening!
Pages: [1]   Go Up