INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP with Noxon1 does not work  (Read 2018 times)

O_Neil

• Recent member
UPnP with Noxon1 does not work
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:27:23 am »

Hello @all,
I'm quite new to this forum, but already read a lot of useful articles and also got a bit experience with the mediacenter during the last weeks. At first, let me say, that I'm very impressed of the various features and the high level of customization this very nice program provides. It is the first time that such kind of program satisfies me. Thank you, developers!

Now to my problem:
After various re-tag-sessions, importing and a little bit customization with user-defined fields, I can say, my library is organized like I want and now I started trying out the UPnP-server-plugin to get it running with my Noxon1 iRadio. Unfortunately, it does not work.

At first, I tried (UPnP-Server options) autodetection, which completely did not work, so I switched to the preselection Terratec Noxon. The log gave me the following results:

08/24/07 11:04:03 - JRiver UPnP Server Version 1.0.47 starting...
08/24/07 11:04:04 - UPnP Media Server Device started on port 2869
08/24/07 11:04:04 - Running
08/24/07 11:04:06 - GET request of /DeviceDescription.xml
08/24/07 11:04:06 - Received request for device description
08/24/07 11:04:06 - Received GENA message
08/24/07 11:04:06 - GENA Subscribe message
08/24/07 11:04:15 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()
08/24/07 11:04:21 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()
08/24/07 11:04:23 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 4(Playlists)
08/24/07 11:04:25 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()

I could choose the JRiver Medicenter on the Noxon, but all I see in this menu is the entry "Playlists" and inside this there is nothing. I've tried different view schemes to display in theater view, but no one worked.

Then, I tried "Advanced" with various combinations, but, if the connection could be established on the Noxon, I again only saw "Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()", which I guess means, it does not find any subchildren in this menu.

One thing I discovered was that if I mark the option "Allow Visual Content", I can see "Audio", "Images", "Video" and "Playlists" on the Noxon. Everyone of these entrys is empty and results in a "BrowseDirectChildren 0()"-output, except "Video". There I can see the view schemes "Calendar", "Disk Location" and so on. Why doesn't this work for "Audio"?

To exclude failures with my customized library, I reinstalled MediaCenter on my laptop. Just a clean installation, no customization, but the same result: BrowseDirectChildren 0().

My System-Info:
Media Center 12.0.308
Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium M 47 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 607 MB
current UPnP options:
 - Receiver: Advanced
 - activated are: Replace Empty Genre, Use Flat URLs, Include Session ID, Allow Visual Content, Filter International Characters, Skip Child Count, Omit Host Portion of URL
 - my receiver is a Terratec Noxon1 iRadio with the latest release-firmware 3.5

What can I do?  :(

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: UPnP with Noxon1 does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:41:42 am »

When you installed MC clean - did you import any files into the library? If there are no files, there will be no items in the menu.

j

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:15:03 am »

Argh, you are right. I imported one album and it is visible. Thank you. So, basically, it should work....
Now I've got to find out, why it does not work with my real library.

My ideas are:
- library size: approx. 11.000 files
- problems with user-defined library-fields configured in the view scheme
- self-defined genres in the tags

Perhaps you can exclude some of these?
I'll try out...

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:29:54 am »

Wait a moment, I found the bug.  :)
If I switch to English language and restart the Mediacenter and the UPnP-server it works with my library! Very nice!

So, there seems to be a problem with the german translation. If german is used, the UPnP-server does not work correctly. Strange, I think the translation file should not have anything to do with the functionality.
As far as I know the translation files are provided by users. Is there anybody who can fix this?

Greetz,
O_Neil

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 12:41:39 pm »

Did you try switching the "Filter International Characters" option?

j

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:33:14 pm »

Yes, I tried that option, but it doesn't work with it (either on & off) in german.
If I use English, the Noxon even doesn't need that option and displays the international characters (e.g. my genre "Hörbücher") correctly.

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 11:57:21 am »

Hello again,

just wanted to push this topic, because the problem still exists. I waited a bit until new versions of Mediacenter were released and used English, now I tried 12.0.332, but no improvement.
Is there possibly a new german translation file available?

Greetz

HeidiKabel

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »

Hello,

thank you for this thread and especally for the "workaround" of the problem. I spent hours with the missing UPnP output, the german translation really "kill" the output on upnp devices ?. Now, i know that it's not really a problem of the software, but of the german translations. It where really fine, if there where anyone who can fix this bug. And - it will be very usefull for interested german users, because they WILL use the german surface - and if they switch to german, UPNP WILL NOT work (and if they want to use upnp, they think that the software is nothing of worth for them  >:().

Just now i switch back to the english surface - and now i'm very happy to manage 30.000 mp3 files with 120 GB in 5000 direcories - now it works fine on my DENON 4306 Receiver (but unfortunaltely not in the german surface :-(  ). However, i'm sure that MC is the best solution for my requirements, and the english surface doesn't really matter to me  ;D.

Thanks & Greetz
HeidiKabel

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 08:09:38 pm »

I'll look at this: I didn't realize before that the problem was with the translation and not the track names, sorry.

j

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 05:00:08 am »

Good to hear that someone experienced the same.  :)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 02:14:09 pm »

Fixed in 404 or higher. The top four items, Audio, Video, Images, and Playlists, require special handling when there is a translation present.

j

O_Neil

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 05:56:40 am »

I tested it with version 12.404 and it works now. Thank you very much for your attention!
Pages: [1]   Go Up