INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this the place to request a plugin be developed?  (Read 2467 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Is this the place to request a plugin be developed?
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:02 pm »

Or should I post idea requests in 3rd party plugins . . .

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Is this the place to request a plugin be developed?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:13:36 pm »

This is more for help developing plug-ins, the 3rd party board would be better...

j

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 06:07:26 pm »

What was that request ?

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 09:59:07 am »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44325.0

Follow the thread above.  Here is the request.

Song Tempo/Key Plugin for Field Entry Request

As a practicing musician, it is essential to sort songs by tempo or key. I have created my own user fields to enter that data. Too bad most playback devices do not read those user fields but that is another issue.  (If there is a device that does I would like to know.)

This plugin would have two interactive screens or buttons.

1. Tempo

You would be able to tap the tempo along with a song by pressing the mouse/touchpad/pen. The time between taps would be calculated by averaging over all the taps in the session.  Most tap-tempo calculators are constantly giving you the tempo based on only the distance between the previous and current tap. Once you accept a value, click ok or double-click and the value will automatically be dropped into a tempo field (or field of your choice).

2. Key

A slider contols a tone that plays over your song and you can drag it until the key is found. Click ok and the key is inserted to the key field. The tricky part may be for songs that are not exactly in 440 standard pitch. I suggest recording the closest key match in one field and a percentage of how far off of 440 in another field be populated in a second field. You could have buttons for all 12 chromatic tones to choose from and then a slider for just the 440 variance calculation.  I think one long slider calibrated to 440 would be simpler to match up the pitch of the song and split the result into two fields - the closest 440 pitch and 1-50% number of how far the song is out of 440 pitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up