INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox does not import the whole library  (Read 1354 times)

Tequil4

Media Jukebox does not import the whole library
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:31:48 am »

hey Guys

I downloaded Media Jukebox yesterday and wanted to import my whole music-library. Media Jukebox has added about 1000 files to the library, but another program finds about 2100 files, windows says my music-directory contains about 2800 files.

Why doesn't Media Jukebox import all the files? ( I enabled all formats, it imports some mp3-files, but doesn't import some other mp3-files  ?)

Can anybody help me?

Greetings

Tequila

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukeboy does not import the whole library
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:58:03 am »

hey Guys

I downloaded Media Jukebox yesterday and wanted to import my whole music-library. Media Jukebox has added about 1000 files to the library, but another program finds about 2100 files, windows says my music-directory contains about 2800 files.

Why doesn't Media Jukebox import all the files? ( I enabled all formats, it imports some mp3-files, but doesn't import some other mp3-files  ?)
Maybe you're not searching all the directories or drives?

Tequil4

Re: Media Jukebox does not import the whole library
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:47:30 am »

Here is what I do

Select file -> Library -> import folder
All my music is in this "music"-directory, so I select it and hit "ok"

Jukebox finds about 800 files and imports them, let's have a look at the band called "Cypress Hill", Media Jukebox has got 9 albums by this band.

Now let us have a look at the Cypress Hill directory in the "music"-directory:

I contains more than 9 albums (all directories here contain music and everything is named correctly (artist, album and so on)

Another example:

I have 3 albums by "alexisonfire", all of course in my "music"-directory:

Media Jukebox doesn't even list the band under artists:

Well, short-version: It does add some files (about the half of all files), but ignores some other, is there any help?

Greetings

Tequila

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukebox does not import the whole library
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:04:54 am »

You say you've got 9 albums, but at the bottom, MJ says 206 files.  Some are probably unassigned, probably because the tags are wrong in the files.  If that's the case, you can use Tools/Library Tools/Fill Properties from Filename to fix them.  Try a few before you do many.
Pages: [1]   Go Up