INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apache Service Error  (Read 1036 times)

jerichochicago

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Apache Service Error
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:02:21 am »

I have an older tower dedicated solely to music and video. I use it for syncing my iPod touch through iTunes and streaming music through my TiVo using MC.

I've had to reboot a couple of times in the past weeks and it's been going into a reboot loop. The machine completely reboots, the desktop comes up and after a minute or so (maybe less) it reboots again. It eventually stops doing this, but I haven't figured out why it stops yet.

I think it may be a MC issue because yesterday it finally stopped rebooting when MC didn't automatically load. I got the message saying the program had shut down abnormally and asked how I wanted to proceed (turn off plug-ins, reset to default settings, etc.) Once the auto load was halted, the rebooting stopped.

I opened the event viewer an saw an Apache Service error each time the machine rebooted on its own:

I have an older tower dedicated solely to music and video. I use it for syncing my iPod touch through iTunes and streaming music through my TiVo using MC.

I've had to reboot a couple of times in the past weeks and it's been going into a reboot loop. The machine completely reboots, the desktop comes up and after a minute or so (maybe less) it reboots again. It eventually stops doing this, but I haven't figured out why it stops yet.

I think it may be a MC issue because yesterday it finally stopped rebooting when MC didn't automatically load. I got the message saying the program had shut down abnormally and asked how I wanted to proceed (turn off plug-ins, reset to default settings, etc.) Once the auto load was halted, the rebooting stopped.

I opened the event viewer an saw an Apache Service error each time the machine rebooted on its own. The error description shows:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> [Sat Jan 05 17:42:41 2008] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API     .

To get it all going again, I just kept MC from loading for a while - in this case overnight - and when I restarted MC this morning it was fine.

Again, not 100% sure it's a MC issue, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bug? Apache Service Error
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:08:23 am »

It sounds like a hardware issue.  Bad memory or CPU or a driver problem could give you this kind of behavior.

jerichochicago

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: Apache Service Error
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 06:39:23 pm »

Would that explain why stopping the automatic loading of MC also stops the rebooting?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Apache Service Error
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:23 pm »

Not to burst your bubble but when really strange things occur, I find that formatting can do wonders.  Of course I format all of our computers at a minimum every 6-9 months and have a very streamlined system for setting them up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up