INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod won't play ITunes files after import from MC  (Read 1228 times)

Dave T

• World Citizen
IPod won't play ITunes files after import from MC
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:04:10 pm »

When trying to play an ITunes music file (m4p file) on the IPod, it will skip that song and play the next song on the IPod.  I'm using a Nano (it's actually my son's).  These were songs bought from the ITunes music store.  I added the directory that ITunes put them in into the MC Import folder list.  MC found the files, and MC can play them fine.  But they won't play on the IPod.  I tried reformatting the IPod from MC, that didn't help.  I put the latest IPod code on the IPod.  I'm using MC 12.0.329.

I vaguely remember seeing or hearing about this problem a long time ago, but I forget what the fix was...

- Dave

SwellGuy

Re: IPod won't play ITunes files after import from MC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:41 am »

Try syncing one purchased file to the iPod with iTunes first and see if that sets up the licensing on the iPod.

Dave T

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:19:18 am »

Thanks!  That did it.  After synching with ITunes once, I was able to synch the ITunes bought songs from MC, and they would play.

I also have another problem.  Ejecting the ipod doesn't work from MC.  Is this a known issue?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:25:37 am »

Try updating to the current build.  It's 12.0.404.  Eject does work.

Please start a new thread if you need more help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up