INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.404  (Read 12055 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.404
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2008, 01:13:28 pm »

Locate on disk (external) not worked for DVD files ("The file '..\VIDEO_TS.dvd' does not exist")

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008, 02:38:23 pm »

This has been broken since they reworked how DVDs are handled.  I'd greatly appreciate a fix.  I would suggest simply locating the top level folder that holds the DVD.

One big advantage would be that I could drag movies to VLC and they would start playing.  Now, VLC has no idea where the .dvd file is either.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 04:36:31 pm »

Two Strange Bugs:

1.  If I right click on a playlist and select 'Edit in Action Window', it changes all of my tab names to that of the Playlist, until I click on another tab.

2.  In Split Columns View, but NOT in Tabs view, if I right click on the a playlist and click on Update Order or Shuffle, they don't seem to work as expected, if at all.  Sometimes it seems to do nothing, others it simply re-sorts by Seq.  In Tabs view it seems to work fine.

BraddyDaddyNo2

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2008, 10:05:38 pm »

I have been having problems installing MediaJukebox on my PC.  I am running WinME and every time I download it and try to install it, I get mostly thru the Install Wizard and then a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" runtime error message pops up and stops the Install Wizard.  Then, I get another error message saying "Media Jukebox has caused an error in JRTOOLS.DLL Installwizard will now close."  How can I fix this problem?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:24 pm »

I have been having problems installing MediaJukebox on my PC.

Please start a separate post on this topic. If it is Media Jukebox, use the Media Jukebox board, and if it is Media Center, use this board. We need to know the exact version too.

Thanks,

j

thibaud

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2008, 06:02:12 am »

on vista business x64:
I'm having serious issues with the audio quality of streamed media (from file > open URL).
Strange short compressed sounds are popping in regularly (about each second)
I tried different options in the audio playback option without any success.

Not sure if this is related to this specific version of MC since it's the first time I try to use it to listen to web radio.
but the same URL is streaming fine within windows media player.

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2008, 07:27:39 am »

I haven't researched this much but...

Prior to this new version, MC would file podcasts' "Album Titles" and "Artist" names with the name I gave the podcast definition when I created it.  The names I used kept all my audio files and video files together.  For example, the CNET News audio podcast would be given a name of "A - CNET News.com" and the ABC World News video podcast was called "V - ABC World News".  That way all my audio podcasts were together and all filed under the same "Album Title" or "Artist" making it extremely easy to get to the content I was after on my iPod or other media player.

I can understand why people would want the actual album title and artist name but this is playing havoc with the way I access my media.  Is there any way to revert back to the way it behaved before?

I can't find any "Tag" that relates to the names I gave the podcasts.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2008, 10:10:39 am »

when using multiple View Schemes with tabbed views enabled:

Open two tabs, both to "Audio" for example,
Set the first to Details View, set the second to Album Thumbnails view,
return to the first Tab to find that it also has changed to Album Thumbnails view.

Regardless of the order or the choice, you cannot have two Tabs set to the same View Scheme with one in Details and the other in Album Thumbnails. Switching Tabs is faster than changing the view choice so I'd like this to work if it is a bug.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up