INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you make 'invisible' smartlists?  (Read 1188 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can you make 'invisible' smartlists?
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:53:28 pm »

Some of my smartlists (that I want to be displayed in Theater View) are combinations or exclusions of other auxilliary playlists. The auxilliary playlists exist solely for me to make the 'real' playlists, or to help me manage my library. e.g. mkvs imported as 'data' automatically populate one playlist, so I can monitor this and fix it.
Is there a way to make the auxilliary playlists still exist, but NOT show up in Theater View? I currently have them in an "Admin Only" Playlist group, which I'd rather not see.

Related question: is there OR functionality available when constructing a smartlist?

gappie

Re: Can you make 'invisible' smartlists?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:38:32 pm »

i think it is not possible to hide smartlists or playlists from Theater View except by taking playlists away al together via options theater view. and that is what i did. of course there are smartlists you want to see in Theater View. one option is to link them to views under audio or video etc. you could for instance group some of the lists you want to show up under a playlist group. and then make a new view and choose under step one : new. for type choose playlist group. and pick the group you made. they will show up under Theater View when you want to under the category you made the view under, video audio or images.
and yes there is an Or functionality. under rules custom and type 'or'. maybe you should say what you want percisely and somebody might help constructing the rule.

good luck
gab

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:59:38 pm »

View schemes can be shown/hidden in theater view.  I'd suggest considering making a view scheme first because you could just use the search terms area and essentially create your smartlist.  Otherwise, perhaps they could add a checkbox.  The checkbox could be below the "notes" checkbox on the smartlist edit pages.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:07:36 pm »

Thanks guys.

It's really becoming apparent that I don't know about View Schemes really.
I really don't want to have an empty  Smartlist called "mkvs that need mediatype reassigned" visible in Theatre View.
I was helping someone on AVS forum with his MC set up and I think I learned a few things while doing so, so it should be possible.

I'll check out the OR thing too.

A simple example of what I want:

Media type is video
Filename (Path) starts with S:\    <=== currently this is Smartlist: Movies (S)
OR
Filename (Path) contains More Movies <=== currently this is Smartlist: Movies (M)

Currently I have two playlists and my All Movies Smartlist is:

Media type is video
Playlist is any Movies (S), Movies (M)

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 05:56:26 am »

i just made a smartlist that does i think what you are after. two different locations combined using or. but for images.

hope it helps

gab

ps: the above example leaves subfolder out. to include those change the filename (path) 'is' to 'start with'.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:23 am »

Thanks, that's perfect! It wouldn't have been a problem if I'd known (or RTFM?) that I could just typoe 'OR' in Custom. When the field next to Custom came up blank, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do in there. Thanks a lot again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up