INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth Connection to Headset Using Sony HWS-BTA2W  (Read 1970 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Bluetooth Connection to Headset Using Sony HWS-BTA2W
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:28:42 pm »

Snowing here on a holiday, so I went to Best Buy to look for what's new.

I bought a device I've looked at a couple of times.  A Sony HWS-BTA2W also known as a "Wireless Music Gateway".  I now have MC music played through my amp, out the headset plug to the Sony device, then making a wireless leap to a Bluetooth headset, the Motorola S9.

The result is that I can walk from my office, down the hall, and into the kitchen before the music begins to skip.  And it is really nice sound, better than I'd have expected.

It only took me half an hour to get the pairing to work.   :P  The Sony has a button you push (called ID set) that initiates the pairing.  The problem was that I thought the power should be on for this to work.  That was my mistake.  The power must be off, then you push the button for 7 seconds, then the power light and the Bluetooth light both begin flashing, indicating it's ready for pairing.

On the Motorola S9 headset, I then held the power button down for about 15 seconds, while it flashed a blue light, which eventually became purple.  On release, both devices were paired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up