INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't delete podcast (Out of Memory)  (Read 756 times)

JONCAT

Can't delete podcast (Out of Memory)
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:33:58 pm »

I have seen the Out of Memory bug on 4 PCs here, they all end up using a copy of the same library to access mapped network drives. I leave MC on overnight with nothing running and find it in the morning.

Whenever I see "Out Of Memory" my log is filled with podcast scheduler related entries.

I have one podcast entry in Podcasts, Wired, and it can't be deleted (removed from MC) because it is "being downloaded". But downloads are disabled and I don't see anything downloaded.

I'm pretty sure this bug is podcast related, and I'm the only one who gets it, across multiple rigs, so it must be library specific. I deleted a podcast.xml in hopes it would start a new one but that hasn't helped.

My schemes are pretty complicated and I have to find the time to copy all the search strings into a fresh library. I usually just copy everything including thumbs to save time.

I can post the log in a few hours.

DC

JONCAT

Re: Can't delete podcast (Out of Memory)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »

I forgot to mention that even though I copy the ever-changing library around to different PCs, I have only seen the error on XP based machines and my old x64 htpc.

Never got the out of memory error on Vista, but when I built a brand new machine with fresh XP install it popped up again.

I was able to edit the Wired podcast; it was set to save "All episodes" so I changed it to save "two newest episodes" and then I could delete it.

I'll monitor the machine and hopefully this bug is gone for good.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up