INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Q1 ultra and MC12  (Read 922 times)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Samsung Q1 ultra and MC12
« on: January 31, 2008, 02:02:39 pm »

I am considering buying the Samsung Q1 touchscreen pc as a "front end" to my mediacenter, ie having MC12 running in Theater View on it and selecting my Music/Video with simple fingertouches.

Question: has anyone got experience with this?  And how would I set up MC12 in order to send the selection I made on the Touchscreen to the "main" media-PC feeding my amp and speakers?   Do I use Zones to do this?

Sorry for the maybe stupid question but simply not sure - and dont want to spend a lot of money on the samsung just to figure out it won't work....

Thanks
bbrip

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Samsung Q1 ultra and MC12
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:57:10 pm »

Far as I know this is not yet possible.  You can use the web interface but it is horrible compared to the MC interface.  This should be added as a feature to library server--the option to connect as a controller and not just a client.  That would be a great feature addition.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:15:45 am »

Thats what I feared. I played with the html interface and that's definitly not what I want.  I would like to use the MC12 frontend on the Samsung Q1, which sahould be acting like a MC12 "Control Panel" and send the commands via WLAN to "main" Mediaserver PC.

If that feature could be added to the wishlist - would be great  ;D

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:08:31 am »

Good news is they continue to amaze their customers with innovations.  I find that people ask for stuff and it sounds like hmmm/maybe/probably not.  Then when everyone forgets about it, it quietly shows up in the change list.  And they're working on MC13 as far as I know.  They have a nice change list for major version changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up