INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AlbumArtist question again  (Read 711 times)

jsmithson

AlbumArtist question again
« on: August 07, 2002, 07:57:21 pm »

I've read previous posts about AlbumArtist and thought I understood it, but I get results I don't expect. For compilation albums the artist field is filled with the individual artist and the AlbumArtist is filled with something like 'Various artist'.
With ViewScheme 'AlbumArtist/Album' artists with full albums show up and the individual compilation artists show up as one entry -'Various artist'. (What I Expect)
With ViewScheme 'Artist' each of the individual compilation artists show up (Also expected).
With the Scheme 'Artist/Decade' or 'Artist/Genre' etc. the individual compilation artists also show up.
But with the ViewScheme 'Artist/Album' the individual compilation artists show up as the one 'Various Artist' listing. Exactly like the 'AlbumArtist/Album' Scheme.
Why do these two schemes work the same way? I would like to use the 'Artist/Album' scheme to see an artist's full albums and the compilations they are in at one time.
Am I missing something?

PS.... first time poster.... your software and support are great!!!!

Rudy

• Recent member
RE:AlbumArtist question again
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 12:49:24 am »

If you're using the default Artist/Album view scheme in MJ, it is probably the Album Artist that is selected. Just checked mine, and it was the same way. Make sure the Artist field is selected.

rudy

jsmithson

RE:AlbumArtist question again
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 04:53:59 am »

You are right Rudy..... I never thought to check if the Album/Artist scheme was defined as Album / Artist.
Thanks for the answer....
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up