INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did I see somewhere thac MC is now just Jukebox?  (Read 1234 times)

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
Did I see somewhere thac MC is now just Jukebox?
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:35:08 am »

I dont use 3/4 of the features.   If this true can I get alink.
So much music so little time!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Did I see somewhere thac MC is now just Jukebox?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:50:51 am »

There is a new version of Media Jukebox available. It looks very much like MC12. It has most audio features of MC12, but not all of them. It may or may not be enough for you. Personally I wouldn't change, not even for plain audio, but I have found it useful as an additional player. For example, I use it with a minimal library for playing unimported files quickly and as an audio player on my office PC.

I am surprised that you didn't find it. You can browse the recent threads on the Media Jukebox board or go to www.mediajukebox.com
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:42 pm »

Can you please point me to a faq regarding differences between jukebox and mc12?  I use mc12 ONLY for audio files (mp3, flac, wma, ape) and have a huge library. I generally use it only for playing audio, searching for files, importing audio and editing tags/coverart.  Can I do all of this on jukebox?  Will the searches take less time on jukebox?  Will jukebox use fewer system resources?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:38:30 pm »

We don't have a comparison, but you can download MJ and try it.  It will work fine with an MC12 installation.

It would take a little less memory, but I doubt that you'd notice any difference in speed.

brentk

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »

Jukebox does all of that. What I found lacking was the ability to customize the view to the extent of MC. So I'm still using MC for music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up