INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.432  (Read 9712 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 12.0.432
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:11:07 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120432.exe

12.0.432 (2/8/2008)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: Added more logging to portable drive plugin, looking to pinpoint an iPod slowdown problem.

12.0.431 (2/7/2008)

1. Optimized: Starting a drag of a lot of files is faster.
2. Fixed: The TrackInfo plug-in might briefly display data for the wrong track.
3. Optimized: 3D file browser loads textures in four concurrent background threads.
4. Optimized: 3D file browser only uses high resolution texture sizes when objects are close to the viewport (switches between in background threads).
5. Changed: 3D file browser supports any number of albums.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of several internal pieces.

12.0.430 (2/7/2008)

1. Fixed: Numbers would not always sort before letters (only applies to 429).
2. Fixed: Tree right-click "Update Order" would not work properly.
3. Changed: Clicking a selected item in the tree would cause an unnecessary view update.
4. Changed: TV imports recorded videos in a background thread so it doesn't block the user experience.
5. Fixed: YouTube! Podcasts were not working properly (experimental feature).
6. Fixed: The launcher (MC12.exe) didn't properly support Unicode command lines.
7. Fixed: Locate in library was doing a file search. (only applies to 429)
8. Fixed: Stack menu items could appear in build 429.

12.0.429 (2/6/2008)

1. NEW: Horizontal mouse wheels will work if the system or driver forwards the standard horizontal scroll message.
2. Fixed: Digital TV's video color controls did not work when legacy video renderer was used (since video renderer selection was allowed).
3. Fixed: Library Server playback could fail (only affects 428).
4. Fixed: In some cases, strings of numbers and letter would not sort in the correct number order.
5. Optimized: Library export takes much less memory.
6. Changed: Library export shows a progress dialog when invoked from the menu. (command line is still silent)
7. Fixed: Track Info plug-ins with "." in the name didn't work.
8. Changed: When doing a sync to a device, playlists not in the sync are no longer removed unless the option to "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" is checked.
9. Changed: Media Center will not attempt to load from library server filenames (start with m01p://) when not connected to a server.
10. Fixed: Digital TV Enhanced Video Renderer selection did not work (since video renderer selection was allowed).
11. Fixed: Black bars around TV video flickered when window was resized.
12. Changed: Updated internal JPEG loading and saving routines to latest processor optimized versions.
13. Fixed: Grayscale JPEG images would not always load correctly.
14. Changed: Revised how cover art is stored on an iPod to better center non-square images in the Now Playing area.
15. NEW: To do a portable install of the player, pick "Custom" then "Portable install" in the installer. (/Portable command line switch no longer supported)
16. Fixed: Scheduling and other time-related functions could incorrectly account for DST in southern hemisphere countries.
17. Changed: 3D browsing sorts albums by artist / album.
18. Changed: 3D browsing shows text for albums that have no art.
19. Changed: 3D browsing works better for small libraries.
20. Fixed: CD ripping speed setting (advanced options) should be more reliable.
21. NEW: Added SDK automation function to tell Media Center to import a file in a background thread. (pMJ->ImportFileBackground(...))
22. Fixed: Memory leak in TV when creating/editing custom recording profiles for analog TV recording.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Media Center 12.0.432
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:23:38 am »

When using the multiple Tabs view, setting Options / Panes On Left on one Tab while leaving others set to Options / Panes On Top, the settings do not stick. Upon navigating around the tree and returning al Tabs will be uniformly set to the same Option / Tab On _______.
(all Tabs on the same position, I haven't noticed a pattern as to whether it goes to top or side position as it has done both)
Am I incorrect in assuming we can mix tab positions or is this a bug?
. . . the game is rigged

rjm

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 02:56:31 pm »

13. Fixed: Grayscale JPEG images would not always load correctly.

Confirming this is fixed. Thank you very much.

rjm

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 03:20:03 pm »

5. Optimized: Library export takes much less memory.

We are getting closer. MC created a 250 MB XML file in about 15 seconds. However there appears to be a problem with the XML format. I attempted to open the file with Excel, Word, XML Editor, Visual Studio 2005, and Expression Web. In all cases the application reported an illegal XML format or crashed.

I am hoping you are able to fix this because I am experimenting with exporting/importing meta-data from my existing photo organizer into MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »

We are getting closer. MC created a 250 MB XML file in about 15 seconds. However there appears to be a problem with the XML format. I attempted to open the file with Excel, Word, XML Editor, Visual Studio 2005, and Expression Web. In all cases the application reported an illegal XML format or crashed.

I am hoping you are able to fix this because I am experimenting with exporting/importing meta-data from my existing photo organizer into MC.

What doesn't it like?  Maybe you could try a small playlist first -- just choose MPL in playlist export.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:58:11 pm »

Something appears to be broken with the display of jpg images. Some display, some don't. I thought it was related to resolution because my "regular" resolution images appear ok whereas most of my "high" resolution images don't display. But I'm not sure since I think I've seen similar resolutions behave differently.

Let me know what more information you need.

rjm

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 07:06:06 pm »

I am first time user of Library Server and am experimenting with how it works.

I cannot play dvds on client. They play fine on server. Is this normal or a bug?

dgoodrie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 07:26:51 pm »

Playing music standalone from the iPod does show album art. MC also displays album art when playing from the library. When I play music from my iPod 60 mb classic, I don't see the album art in the display window on my PC.   :( Is this a bug or am I not doing something right?  ?

My iPod firmware is 1.2.3 and it was recently updated from iTunes 7.6.

Upon further investigation, deleting music from the iPod and then resyncing will correct the problem. :)  The next issue is that there are 6400+ songs to delete and then resync. 

I suspect that MC couldn't handle the new iPod 1.2.3 firmware layout without a total reload of the iPod. :( :o

Reloading the iPod did allow album art to show briefly in the display window of MC. However, after restarting MC, cover art is no longer displayed. Album art is on the iPod.
HP M9200T Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz, 3gb, GF 8600 GT 512mb
Dell 3000 Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2gb
HP DV9700T Intel T9300 Duo 2 2.5gz, 3gb, GF 8600 GS 512mb

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:36:06 pm »

I cannot play dvds on client. They play fine on server. Is this normal or a bug?

This is normal, we don't have the rights to play DVDs over the network.

Please use a different thread unless you are sure it is a bug with Media Center.

j

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 08:01:30 am »

I'm still (or again) having the problem that iPod ratings overwrite ratings in the database upon connecting the device ("Get play stats..." enabled). More details in this thread from 04-Jan-2008 (!). As you can see, i've had this problem for several weeks now, and i'd very much appreciate if it could finally be fixed. This is a serious problem, as there is no way to figure out which tracks have been changed after MC gets the play stats.

I'm also wondering why tracks that were played or rated on the iPod won't have their "Date Modified" field updated after MC gets the play stats. If i rate a track inside MC, the "Date Modified" field is updated, so MC's handling of possible databse updates from an iPod sync is quite illogical.

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 11:02:54 am »

"Update Tags immediately" toggle is broken.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.432 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2995 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1215 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive K: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Cea Photo Archive':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {B24B56B8-F58A-4837-B4F3-EDDB2507B8F3}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: \\ALICEA-PC\Public\Pictures\Photos\Images; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]

Device info dump for 'X61 Photo Archive':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {D2B9ED55-C0EE-4A30-B510-6B4D5B60A62F}
CanonicalName:
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: Y:\Photos\Images; MainDriveLetter:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
DatabaseBasePath:
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([track #, 0])[Media Type])

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Playing Now

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 12.0.432, Track Info Problem.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 11:54:26 am »

In new version 'Track Info' doesn't work properly (work occassional).
Kind Regards.

rjm

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 12:13:18 pm »

What doesn't it like?  Maybe you could try a small playlist first -- just choose MPL in playlist export.

I exported small MPL, renamed extension to XML, and confirmed it opens ok with variety of applications.

I do not know how to diagnose what is wrong with XML created by File\Library\Export to XML. Will chase if you provide a few tips.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 01:56:06 pm »

Hi I haven't posted in a long time I think most of you have it all covered. However, I am very interested in the portable install option and use portableapps.com on my 2gb firefly. I have used you products for like forever because they are the best. I have done a portable install but I feel there should be some changes made to where some of the root folder exe's are installed. I would like to see only the main media center .exe in the root folder and the rest of the exe's like package installer and various other exe's in a subfolder somewhere. Me moving them gets them off my Portable apps menu but it ruins some funtionallity with Media Center itself because it looks for them where they were not where I put them. I do not know if this would cause a lot of changes to be made on your part because of the programs calling of the other exe's having to be in their absolute folders. Basically what I am asking is if the media center portable installer could locate only the media center exe in the root folder while placing the rest in subfolders elsewhere but keeping functionallity.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

Tombert,
I've split your post to the thread I started a few days ago for your problem.  Please continue to use that thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45028.0

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 04:02:24 pm »

[...] 7. Fixed: Track Info plug-ins with "." in the name didn't work. [...]
:D Yeah, this works!

In new version 'Track Info' doesn't work properly (work occassional).
Kind Regards.
:o I can confirm this. Most the time screen stays blank (white) if Track Info is selected. Sometimes Track Info is shown, but embedded vis stays blank (white).

jack wallstreet

Re: Media Center 12.0.432 - Playlist Insert Problem
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 06:11:36 pm »

I just noticed in 432 and 428 that inserting a song in an existing playlist, regardless of insert point, drops it to the bottom.  Insert works properly in 421. 

---correction -- doesn't work right in 421 either.  It gives the right sequence number but places it at the bottom.

--- Wow --- correction 2nd one.  Now it works!!!   As soon as Jim sent the message (below).  It started working, including 432.  I have inserted and changed playlists for a long time and haven't a clue what I did (multiple times), but now it works every time.  I didn't change anything.  Jim is one powerful person.  And I am feeling stupid.

Jim - please feel free to delete this message. 
John

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 06:17:40 pm »

Please start a new thread.  It could be how you have playback set under options.

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:59 am »

8. Changed: When doing a sync to a device, playlists not in the sync are no longer removed unless the option to "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" is checked.

Yes!!!  This is sooo cool.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 11:58:15 am »

Ok, for those of us not on the beta program, how do I enable 3D file browser?

Maybe i'm being thick but can't seem to find it in this release - There are mentions of it in the top post?

robydago

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »

twit,

i think they are talking about this:

CTRL Shift T will give you Roulette/Carousel

A First Person Shooter Media Player?

Use the arrow keys to navigate.  Enter plays.  X in upper right exits. a and d also move the tray.

This will require a video card that does 3D graphics well.  Most reasonably modern cards will work.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »

Unstable build for me.

5 crashes in less than 10 mins.

Crashed on setting up new playlist (2), filling a playlist, immediately after burning a CD, delelting a file.

Going back to the last build.

John.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 12:17:36 pm »

Unstable build for me.
You may have something else going on.  Please start a new thread if you want help.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 12:19:56 pm »

Ok the 3D Browser jumps between 30% & 60% on the cpu. The memory goes up to 1.8 gig. The hard drive thrashes almost constantly.

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caroseljv6.jpg

Looks impressive though.

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
Build seems to have "issues" on my PC
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 01:27:28 pm »

upgraded this morning to the latest build and have been having issues ever since.

Big issue right now that I'm having relates to Audio Analysis.  no idea if it is part of the problem, or just a symptom of the issue.

I have about 200 or so songs recently imported into my library this morning (after the upgrade).  First thing I did was to go in and start cleaning up the tags, but noticed that for a few files (FLAC), I could't get the coverart to store inside the file properly..  It would download from the internet via MC with no issues, and after a very long wait, it would eventually show that it was stored inside the file (as I've configured MC), but a short while after that the thumbnail that had been built for the file would disappear, I'd get an error message stating:

"MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files, check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs."

I have unlocker assistant installed on my PC so I can say rather confidently the file isn't in use by other programs, it is there, and it isn't read-only.

Figuring that the issue may be bad files versus bad MC, I decided to just run "Audio Analysis" on all the new files, as I've noticed on more than a few occasions if a file is really corrupt or bad, the audio analysis will report an error on the file and I know I need to replace it, plus it was another function I could run in MC and see how it performed now versus prior to the update.

So first I instructed Audio Analysis to run on all 200+ files, but after 2 files it choked and froze up my system for an extended period of time.  In the beginning the music continued to play in MC, but very shortly it stopped.  Task Manager said the application was not responding.  I kept Task Manager and MC up and running and noticed that the audio analyzer was running, but very slowly, an order of magnitude or 2 slower than previous versions.

I decided to kill it eventually as I was unable to do anything on the PC and rebooted.  After getting back into Windows, opened MC and ran the Audio Analysis on a smaller number of files and again, same issue, very, very slow.  I timed it on a few files and it was taking well over 10 minutes to do each file (FLAC files, in the 20 to 35MB size range).  Previously the Audio Analysis was very speedy on my PC, it would zip through a large number of flac/ape files very quickly.  Right now it has been stuck at 2% analyzing one 35MB flac file for the past 2 minutes, while the playback of another song cuts in and out every 4 minutes or so.

Before I start worrying about bad files and such, wanted to make sure MC wasn't causing the issues.

I apologize up front for the very long description, just trying to provide information....

Not sure what information would be of benefit to JR in order to troubleshoot.  Just tell me what you would want to know/see and I will do my best to get it as soon as possible.

thanks

rjm

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »

This is normal, we don't have the rights to play DVDs over the network.
This is well documented in the users manual. I apologize for not reading it first.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 03:48:09 pm »

:o I can confirm this. Most the time screen stays blank (white) if Track Info is selected. Sometimes Track Info is shown, but embedded vis stays blank (white).

Track Info is not working for me either.
Sue

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 04:10:07 pm »

Track Info is not working for me either.

fixed in 433 and higher

j

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »

I'm seeing a couple Library Server issues that I haven't seen before.

1) As I do simple tasks on the computer (opening email or starting an IE window), the song will sometimes repeat a short section several times before continuing.  It seems like a performance issue, but the important thing to mention is that I haven't had this particular issue in the past, and I'm using the exact same two systems that I've been using for many months.  Nothing else has changed recently other than the build of MC I'm using.  In the past, the music has always played without these interruptions when doing the same tasks.

2) I just played an album over LS and the wrong cover art loaded in the AW "Display" window.  I switched to PN and the correct art was loaded, but the AW Display window stayed on the screen, and continued to have the wrong art (from another album.)  I started playing a different song and the AW displayed the correct art, and I returned to the first album, the art was now correct.

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 07:18:54 pm »

This one is kind of hard to explain. I have seen it back pretty far (-.400).  Just started to have time to use MC again and saw it when I tried to tag some files.

Select a Tile, display Details below. Highlight the files and right click to Rename. Rename is at the top of the options because it was last used so it puts the right click menu above the fold of the Details pane; this causes the tag  field to be closed once the right click menu disappears (i.e. Rename is clicked) and the mouse is hovering, for a second, in the the top Tile pane. Depending on how your view is laid out, you can get stuck  with this confusing the heck out of you.Not sure if it's fixable as it may be a result of the way MC works as it detects where the mouse is in Tile view to startt Tiles cycling through.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 10:59:45 pm »

I decided to use the ", The" formatting but inadvertently applied clean file properties to all fields. The 3am unintended result isn't too bad because I guess I do want filenames to reflect the changes except:

L:\Jamaican Archive\The Abyssinians\Abyssinians (Live)\Abyssinians2004-12-17.Flac16\Abyssinians - Abyssinians Live Fairfax, Ca - 05 - Yim Mas Gan, The.ape

I:\Music Archive a-L\James Cotton\'Fore Day Blues\James Cotton Band, The - 'Fore Day Blues - 03 - Polly Put the Kettle On, The.ape

The common thread seems to be whenever punctuation is found (apostrophes or commas) in the filename, the ", The" gets added to the end of the name.

DC

rjm

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 02:16:39 am »

Got a really bad feeling about something I have observed twice in the last couple days...

In both cases a few random files mysteriously un-imported themselves from my library.

When running auto-import now, they showed up as new files.

This is not like most bugs where you can visualize a logical explanation. And there was no chance of user error in these cases. I am wondering if my library size/complexity is starting to brush up against the limit of MC's comfort?

Not reproduceable. Will keep you posted.

pank2002

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 03:52:35 am »

TrackInfo does not work very well for me in this build. On some songs, MC does not generate a track info page, so the track info window in playing now is blank.
This is equally true for mp3s I have ripped and WMA I have downloaded. Likewise, the problem persists when using built in track infos such as simple, as well as advance track infos such as PM Track Info.
Also, if I switch from one track info template to another, the track info window will also turn blank.

System info:

Intel Core 2 1827 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2087 MB, Free - 981 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4083N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Think Theme\default.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4083N   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 06:42:24 am »

This is not like most bugs where you can visualize a logical explanation. And there was no chance of user error in these cases. I am wondering if my library size/complexity is starting to brush up against the limit of MC's comfort?

Doubtful.  There are users with at least 400,000 files.

JONCAT

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 07:52:40 am »

Pank2002 - The track info bug has been reported, and yes, I'm seeing it too.

DC

rjm

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:01 am »

Doubtful.  There are users with at least 400,000 files.
That makes me feel better. Thanks.

sercan-pilot

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 11:42:13 am »

kein türkis laguna

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 04:36:35 pm »

Minor bug:

If Lyrics are shown in AW, the vertical (up-down) scrollbar is allways shown (I think this may be expected) but it sometimes disappears for a second when moving the mouse.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 04:41:48 pm »

kein türkis laguna
Maybe this says "No Turkish Language"?  Just a guess.

Language files can be edited and sent to JRiver if you want to do it.  So Turkish could be included.

From the FAQ:
Translations (MC11.1 and above):
Media Center 11.1 added the ability to switch languages (under Tools)
This is based on translation files supplied by several users (thanks to all).  You can modify the files you find here:

Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Languages
but also save it to another location in case it is over-written on the next install of the program.

To uninstall, just delete the file.  If the file isn't there, MC reverts to English.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 04:48:44 pm »

Maybe this says "No Turkish Language"?  Just a guess.
You are right. Looks like a german/turkish mix ;)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Can not play from client in .428 and above
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:17 pm »

Client/Server setup. Client is on a laptop, server library is on PC. Library thumbnails appear correctly on the client pc. However, when trying to play any file, I get a message on the client "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Make sure the path in your media library is correct".

I rolled client and server back to .423 and the error subsided and files would play. Reinstalled .428 and the problem is back.

One special note, files referred to on the remote library server are on a network drive and appear as "m01p://192.168.1.5:18730/\\nas1\media\music\Anita Baker\Christmas Fantasy\" on the CLIENT pc.

Once again, problem is NOT in .423

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can not play from client in .428 and above
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28:21 pm »

Client/Server setup. Client is on a laptop, server library is on PC. Library thumbnails appear correctly on the client pc. However, when trying to play any file, I get a message on the client "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Make sure the path in your media library is correct".

I rolled client and server back to .423 and the error subsided and files would play. Reinstalled .428 and the problem is back.

One special note, files referred to on the remote library server are on a network drive and appear as "m01p://192.168.1.5:18730/\\nas1\media\music\Anita Baker\Christmas Fantasy\" on the CLIENT pc.

Once again, problem is NOT in .423

Have you tried 432, the build from the top of this thread?  It fixed a library server problem that existed in 428.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Re: Can not play from client in .428 and above
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »

Have you tried 432, the build from the top of this thread?  It fixed a library server problem that existed in 428.

Fixed, thank you!

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 03:09:10 am »

14. Changed: Revised how cover art is stored on an iPod to better center non-square images in the Now Playing area.

I can confirm that all the cover art on my iPod is now showing correctly.  Thanks for fixing this.

I can also confirm that switching to any Track Info display will only show a blank white space.

I'm still having trouble with a detached full screen display of Damaged Layers IV (highest quality) on my secondary monitor (1360 x 768 resolution) not updating the cover art and track info, with the main MC window being just as slow to respond to a full screen redraw, like when I switch back from a browser window.  This is only for full screen; a windowed display is mostly fine with the problem getting more noticeable the larger the window is, but never as worse as full screen.  I use a "TIME_ELASPED / TOTAL_TIME" as part of the text field for Damaged Layers IV, so maybe you can use that to test the redrawing problem?

The problem I mentioned for an earlier build about display quality being lower than highest quality, I'm still having.  What happens is that the left 4:3 part of a 16:9 screen is the only part that is being drawn unless I right click on the display to open up the menu, windowed or full screen.  I've just discovered something strange, though: If I make the window the full horizontal length of the screen, but about half or slightly less than half vertically, the problem goes away and high quality is somehow upgraded to (and indistinguishable from) highest quality, minus the redraw problem I just mentioned.  Switching to normal quality causes the problem to return until the window is 1/3 vertical size.  For low quality, it needs to be about 1/5th the screen size.  For lowest quality, it couldn't be fixed.  Below are full screenshots of the maximum height allowed for each quality setting, with the lowest quality showing the window at the smallest height MC will allow and what the problem looks like.

Lowest
Low
Normal
High

rjm

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2008, 02:50:09 pm »

Got a really bad feeling about something I have observed twice in the last couple days...

In both cases a few random files mysteriously un-imported themselves from my library.

When running auto-import now, they showed up as new files.
A possible clue...

I use auto-import now as an integrity check on my library and associated media files, and run it at least once a day when working on my library. So I have a very fine tuned sense of what is normal and what is not.

Files un-importing themselves from a library is VERY abnormal. I was thinking about what could be unique when I observed this problem. It was during a very short period when I was testing Library Server. The problem has not reoccured since I stopped using Library Server.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 04:47:23 pm »

First time ever, I had MC12 running (idle, nothing playing) and it just popped up with zillions of dialogs (dinging each time) about 'out of memory'.  I had to use the task manager to kill MediaCenter.  I wasn't even using the PC this happened on (had just Firefox running) while I was working on my laptop.

JONCAT

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:41 pm »

Left-click lasso not working with left click in Pane mode; has to be in an empty space instead of working over text.

Dc

Intel Core 2 3006 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1257 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
  Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive K: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive P: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

WMDMName:
CanonicalName:
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: \\ALICEA-PC\Public\Pictures\Photos\Images; MainDriveLetter:
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
DatabaseBasePath:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master (Active)
  Playing Now

JONCAT

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 11:14:40 pm »

I've got 28,000 files with nothing listed in the Duration field. Restarted MC with no change.  Pertains to .ape, mp3, .mp4....

DC

Intel Core 2 3006 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

WMDMName:
CanonicalName:
ContextMenus:
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
DatabaseBasePath:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master (Active)
  Playing Now

JONCAT

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 11:19:16 pm »

Can't use CTRL-A in Panes mode.....this was  VERY useful in order to start with all and then de-select.

DC

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 11:10:30 am »

Pushing "Enter" on a CD track in MC does not start playing the track.  Is this normal?  Seems like a bug to me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up