INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to make MC re-analyze video files?  (Read 1698 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Is there a way to make MC re-analyze video files?
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:39:18 am »

A significant number of my Video file dont have resolution or length data available. If i remoev them from the library, rename the file and re import it, that data shows up. Im not sure why as they were all imported in 1 large batch and a number Do show the data correctly. It sruns about 50/50. Is there a way to, in bulk, have mc go back out and get this info, without loosing all the info already in my lib on these files?

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Re: Is there a way to make MC re-analyze video files?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:50:41 am »

Anybody? Any Ideas? Any clue as to why this happened to begin with?

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:16:03 am »

Sometimes using Library Tools -> Update Library from Tags works for me.  But not always.  I'm not sure why it drops some duration/resolution information and not others.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:20:18 am »

Try removing the files from the library, then re-importing.  You'll need to uncheck the box in the advanced section of Import that says something like "Ignore files previously removed from the library".

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:21:02 am »

MC uses background processes to import/analyze videos. Depending on the videos' formats, DirectShow or Quicktime engine, or Realmedia engine, is used. If any of these goes wrong during the analysis, or taking too long to complete, MC may abandon the processes. As c1c9k72 suggested, you can try "Update library (from tags)".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:53:54 am »

If i remoev them from the library, rename the file and re import it, that data shows up.

You do not need to rename the files if you uncheck "Ignore files previously removed from library" as Jim suggested. Just remove them from library and reimport - but update library (from tag) would accomplish the same.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:54:16 pm »

unfortunately, if i dont rename the file, it dosent re-analyze the file, it does re import it, but it links it to the previous enty, and assumes it info is correct i guess. no analysys appears to occur, and no tag fileds are updated. BUT, update library (From Tags) sems to work. I assumed it wouldnt since the video files dont actually have tags. I shoudl have tried it.
 Thanks everyone!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up