INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video thumbnails using same thumbnail for differnet vids  (Read 1412 times)

limejuice

video thumbnails using same thumbnail for differnet vids
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:38:43 am »

I am having a very strange problem with MediaCenter12.
A couple months ago, I updated MediaCenter, and then after that all new videos I added to my library would get the same video thumbnail as one of my existing videos. So the last 30 or so videos I have added all have the exact same wrong thumbnail. I wasn't using MediaCenter that often, I figured I'd just wait until it was fixed rather than going here to post the problem.

But now I think I have updated three or more times, and the problem isn't fixed, and also a quick search on the forum doesn't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.  I tried rebuilding all my thumbnails by doing Options->Tree&View->Thumbnails>Erase all thumbnails and then Build missing thumbnails, and what happened was about half are using the same thumbnail which is wrong while the other half have a correct video thumbnail.  I didn't really see a pattern in why some have that wrong thumbnail while others have the correct thumbnail

Does anyone have anything else I can try to fix the problem? 
Thanks

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Re: video thumbnails using same thumbnail for differnet vids
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:09:41 am »

Are you using a custom loaded image (album art) or the thumbnail grabbed from inside the vid file?

limejuice

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 12:53:19 pm »

The thumbnail is generated from the video files.  I'm only using MediaCenter to organize videos. (I've been using musikCube for my audio files, and haven't gotten around to moving them over to MediaCenter)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:01:54 pm »

This has happened to me as well on numerous occasions. A screeengrab thumbnail ends up being the thumbnail for many many unrelated and unselected video files. I've been manually fixing them when this happens, sometimes seemingly at random.

limejuice

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:19:05 am »

Tonight, I decided to just delete the Thumbnail directory C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails
and some other cache directory C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library\Cache.

My Thumbnail directory was 1.14 GB. The Library\Cache was only 0.3 MB.

I then ran MediaCenter 12.0.450 and it started recreating the thumbnails. This time it worked.

So, erasing the thumbnails through Mediacenter options page didn't work, but going to explorer and deleting the entire Thumbnail directory did work!

Hopefully this problem doesn't come back.  I wish I could provide more info so JRiver guys could fix the problem, because it was pretty nasty when half of my videos had the same thumbnail after I erase/rebuild thrumbnails from within MediaCenter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:27 am »

MC can rebuild thumbnails.  Check Options/View/Thumbnails.

limejuice

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:34:32 pm »

JimH,

I think you missed my earlier comment. I had already tried Options->Tree&View->Thumbnails>Erase all thumbnails and then Build missing thumbnails, but that didn't work.  WHen I did that, I still got half my videos with the same 'stuck' thumbnail.

Only when I manually went in with explorer and deleted the Thumbnail and Library/Cache directories, did the problem go away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up