INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved] Can't add album art to files  (Read 2013 times)

TB2

• Recent member
[solved] Can't add album art to files
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:02 pm »

I can't add any jpg files to any files in MJ. See this screencast I made: stuff.bandruum.ch/MJxvid.avi

In that vid, first I try adding it to all the files on that Album with the menu, then I try adding it the same way but starting with a rightclick on the image part in the lower left corner. Then I try adding it from clipboard, and then I try adding it only to a single file.

It doesn't work with any jpg (not only that one I use in the vid) and it doesn't work on any file in my library. I made sure the files aren't read-only and everything is fine I think. Latest build (12.0.035).

Any idea?

And another question: If I have a folder with audio files and a folder.jpg in it, MJ will show me the files with album art. What happens if I now rename/move the files into my library? The folder.jpg will stay at its place and the files "forget" about their album art. Isn't there a feature to automatically add any available album art to the file tags?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't add album art to files
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:41 pm »

On the MC12 board, in a thread called Frequently Asked Questions, you'll find a few cover art threads that explain the basics.

Is there anything in the clipboard?  Can you paste to another app?

TB2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »

Yes, there is something in the clipboard. Even if I explicitly open the image in a program like Fireworks (or any other I tried) and copy it from there it's not working. The files wont ever have cover art with them no matter how I try to add it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:58:19 pm »

What build of MJ are you using?  See MJ Help/About.

TB2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »

As I said,

Latest build (12.0.035).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:34:45 pm »

I can't reproduce the problem. I tried the builds 33 and 35.

Something unusual is going on in your system. What are your cover art settings in Options > File Location?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

TB2

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 06:52:34 pm »

Ha, yeah, that was the problem. I configured the Cover Art directory to be:

M:\Music\J River\Cover Art

but I recently changed the drive letter M: to G: and forgot that it might affect MJ. I corrected the path in MJ to G:\... and now it's working :) Thanks for pointing me to the solution, Alex.

I guess it would be of use if MJ would pop up an error when trying to copy the cover art to a non-existent drive.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up