INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade price from MJ8 to MJ12/MC12 issues  (Read 1093 times)

shoein

Upgrade price from MJ8 to MJ12/MC12 issues
« on: March 07, 2008, 11:33:58 am »

I'm confused & hope someone can help.  I had a registered version of MJ8 installed.  I downloaded MJ12 and when installing was told that it would uninstall MJ8 which I figured would be fine.  But if I try to upgrade now from MJ12 to MC12, I'm only given the $39.99 price - not the $19.99 I expected.  Reviewing previous posts suggests that you need to have MJ8 installed & registered in order to get the discounted price.  But I wasn't able to because MJ8 was forced to uninstall...

As I said, I'm confused...

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Upgrade price from MJ8 to MJ12/MC12 issues
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:56:30 pm »

First, MJ 8 would run with a MJ7 license (as well as a MJ8 license). The upgrade price, though, is ONLY for the MJ8 license, not the MJ7 license.
Did you purchase Media Jukebox 7 or Media Jukebox 8?

If you do have a MJ8 license, just install MJ8, install the license, and then install MC12. It doesn't matter then if it removes MJ8 because the license is installed and that's what counts.

j

shoein

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:26:35 pm »

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

In terms of your first point, I honestly can't remember if it was an MJ7 or MJ8 original license.  I recently requested a temp install key which was sent and it returned referencing a "licence for Media Jukebox 8" - does that mean the original license was MJ8?  If not, is there any other way for me to check?

Re your second point: assuming my license is MJ8, I did install and ensure it was licensed (as you wrote) but when trying to install MJ12, and then later upgrading to MC12, didn't see any price discount. 

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:23:44 pm »

MJ7 Used A ".rrg" File to register it

I think It Was

MediaJukebox7.rrg
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 02:48:17 pm »

If you got an install key from our restore page (https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi), then it is MJ8. That page cannot be used for MJ7.

If so, then make sure MJ8 is installed AND licensed (check the registration info to be sure), then install MC12. You should then get the upgrade price.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up