INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio File Importation  (Read 1136 times)

conalbanede

• Recent member
Audio File Importation
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:45 pm »

Hi, I am in the process of importing over 10,000 files, and it is taking forever. If I hit "cancel," it appears that the process will start over from scratch. Is there any way to "pause" this process so that I can close the program and pick up with the importation without starting all over?
Thanks

ogurgey

• Recent member
  • The storyteller
Re: Audio File Importation
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:47 pm »

I assume, that these are music files. I don't know, maybe it's a long shot but, it could have something to do with the new analyse whilst importing option.  That would take too long with that number of files.
Check Tools-> Options->Library & Folders -> Options-> Analyse Audio.  If checked, uncheck it.  Do the import.  Then you can do the analysis whenever you want.

This option is a kill, if you have that many files.

If there are also video files involved, do not let MC build the thumbnails. (Build thumbnails in the the dialog as above).

Hope that helpes

conalbanede

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:41:33 am »

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, these are all music files, no video whatsoever. The "analyze audio" was already unchecked, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's strange, because my other jukebox programs (e.g., iTunes, Winamp) were able to import the same # of files in no time. Anyway, thanks for the help>

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:53 am »

You may know they are audio, but there are some types of files that could be either.

Try importing a single directory at a time.

Try importing mp3 only.

Update to the latest build on the MC 12 board here.

Welcome to the forum.

conalbanede

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:36 pm »

All the files were in one directory. In any event, it took 30 hours, but all the files seem to have been imported. Thanks again for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up