INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen 16gb? and Sansa e250  (Read 1482 times)

brijm

• Recent member
Zen 16gb? and Sansa e250
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:59 pm »

I got a good deal on a sansa e250, and syncing it with MC12 is very buggy.

So I'm considering new MP3 players, and I think that the 16 Gb Zen is at the top of my list.

I was looking at the Itouch, but have read about problems with it as well, with MC12,  and would prefer to stay away from apple, because of the proprietary nature of the beast.... I would even use Itunes, but I also need to sync to my Garmin Zumo, which is not supported by apple... (ugh)

So most of the issues I've heard of with the Zen seem cosmetic duplicates shown in MC after sync....  are there any major issues or obscure things I would need to work around with the Zen?  Also, do the duplicates disappear when you reopen the player in MC12 (just a database refresh issue)?  Or would I eventually end up with a huge database.mpl file on my card (with duplicates) if I Sync'd daily?

My other question is if you can access the SD card through the player in MC12?  Does it show up as another drive in MC? My zumo shows up this way, with the Zumo showing up as one physical drive and the SD as another (SD still in the GPS).  I know that I cannot overflow a 17 Gb sync onto my SD card, but can if I set up a  sync of podcasts that would be < 2 Gb to the SD, without removing the card from the player, this would be acceptable?

Many Thanks

-brian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Zen 16gb?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:34:19 am »

Why don't you start a thread on the problems you have with the 250?

brijm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:38:29 pm »

Why don't you start a thread on the problems you have with the 250?

I solved some of the problems, and can now get the e250 to sync about 40% of the time, and see and play most of the files....  Sometimes the sync just deletes my files, sometimes all but one playlist will sync, and when everything syncs just right, the player still freezes.... 

I might be able to clear up some of the problems in MC12 syncs... but even then the player still freezes up.... I'd rather just get a player that works...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:54:58 pm »

I understand, but we'd like a chance to find out what the problem is.  It's possible, for example, that the freeze is related to the bitrate of a single file.

No problem if you don't want to fool with it.

Did you try updating the firmware?

Pages: [1]   Go Up