INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.456  (Read 7946 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.456
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:42:31 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
** SEE NEXT POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING ** ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120456.exe

12.0.456 (3/14/2008)

1. Fixed: Some text characters would not render in lists.
2. Fixed: TV Aspect ratio did not work in recent builds.
3. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing stack a new top was being created.
4. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing collapsed stack was not adding all the stack files.
5. Changed: Multi-selection in-place editing in the panes is allowed.
6. Changed: The "All" pane item can no longer be in-placed edited.
7. Fixed: With a portable install, file tagging would not work properly.
8. Fixed: Disconnected handhelds could incorrectly show up in the options dialog in certain cases.
9. Fixed: iPod volume adjustment settings were not preserved between sessions.

12.0.455 (3/12/2008)

1. Fixed: TV channel switching confirmation was not done when user switched channel using right-click context menu.
2. Fixed: Dates that fall very near the DST boundaries could be handled incorrectly - this caused continual resyncing of some files.
3. Fixed: Autostacking files created by the handheld conversion could fail.
4. Fixed: Fast Forward (Ctrl + Right Arrow) did not work for TV time-shifting after time-shifting had been run for longer than the preset time-shifting window.
5. Changed: Revised output plugins to use newer UI system. (reduces size of library, and better accomodates user selected fonts and translations)

12.0.454 (3/10/2008)

1. Fixed: "Play Radio" command would not show up in the player menu when right-clicking the playback display.
2. Fixed: On screen display would not render properly (only applies to build 453).
3. Fixed: 'Initialize iPod' not working correctly on iPhones & Touch's.
4. Changed: Podcast's were listed on iPods by their author, they are now listed by podcast name.
5. Fixed: Some text drawing artifacts from build 453.
6. Changed: Reworked options dialog to use newer window and control engine. (should be internal change)
7. Changed: More text drawing is done with the new text system introduced in build 453.
8. NEW: Stack directory and naming rule options for HH conversions.  (When converting and stacking files it will use these settings.)
9. NEW: Only Use Stack Files from Stack Directory option added to HH conversions.
10. Changed: The iPhone Support feature can be turned off in general > advanced settings.

12.0.453 (3/7/2008)

1. Fixed: Some podcast times wouldn't parse (Engadget).
2. Changed: Internal user interface plumbing -- should be transparent, but please report any issues.
3. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Guillaume and Jean-Guy Paquette).
4. Changed: Default pix01 template changed to slideshow gray.  (Instead of noire as noire is not an included template.)
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar & Daniel2k).
6. Changed: Some additional tweaks in Hauppauge WinTV 1600 support.
7. Fixed: Line drawing could use incorrect colors (red and blue channels flipped).
8. Changed: Revised text drawing engine used in menus, lists, and trees.

12.0.452 (3/5/2008)

1. Fixed: Default art for tabs didn't look nice.
2. Fixed: Last.fm should work this time.
3. Fixed: Player buttons wouldn't animate nicely when the player was stopped.
4. Fixed: iPod always wants to re-sync files transferred with iTunes.
5. Changed: Moved option for online metadata lookup from Options > CD & DVD to Options > General.
6. Fixed: Quick Find of cover art better handles files that had broken cover art links.
7. Fixed: When doing a "Remove Cover Art" and selecting to delete the cover art from disk, relative path Folder.jpg images would not be deleted.
8. Changed: When manually changing cover art, the cover art will be submitted to YADB.
9. Changed: Removed the option for manually submitting cover art.
10. Changed: "Get Cover Art From Internet" doesn't ask questions about how to run. (gets art for all files selected)
11. Changed: When changing a stack top file's tags fewer fields are common.
12. Fixed: Tagging a stack file when the stack is expanded only changes that one file.
13. Changed: When switching among Digital TV channels during time-shifting, MC no longer rebuilds DirectShow graphs, resulting in significantly quicker switch.
14. Fixed: Tile thumbnail "View" menus would not stay visible in some cases.
15. Changed: Replaced the expression editor in Customize Current View > Columns with the newer style.
16. Fixed: When deleting a file that was in a stack the stack would be incorrect.
17. Fixed: When a URL is dragged onto a device for syncing, the download will now be placed in a temp directory and deleted after the sync.
18. NEW: Added experimental iPod Touch and iPhone support. (use at your own risk, please backup your device before using)

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 12.0.456
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:58:14 am »

According to Matt:

The iPod support has some glitches:

1) Detection won't finish on Vista
2) Free space calculation doesn't work right when deleting a lot of files
on sync
3) The handheld cache replacement by stacks is confusing

Touch and iPhone should also work, though not perfectly.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:43:55 am »

Search box: In versions past, you could click and drag in one motion to highlight the text contained within. Now it seems to take a click to give it focus, then another click and drag to highlight.

To illustrate, do a click and drag on text in this page. MC used to behave that way I'm sure, cuz it would of annoyed the hell out of me otherwise :D. Reported late in 451 so may not be addressed yet.

Regarding the lasso ... you can do non-consecutive selects in file display windows (ie single clicks in Explorer, File Manager, and MC itself) by holding the Ctrl key down ... can that be applied to lasso's as well?

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:37:23 am »

9. Fixed: iPod volume adjustment settings were not preserved between sessions.

It works. Thnx.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:34:38 pm »

Regarding the lasso ... you can do non-consecutive selects in file display windows (ie single clicks in Explorer, File Manager, and MC itself) by holding the Ctrl key down ... can that be applied to lasso's as well?

For some reason only Shift + left-click lasso can be used for non-consecutive selections. (You need to enable the left-click lasso feature in the options.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

craft

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 01:44:04 pm »

last.fm plugin doesn't work - keeps getting BADAUTH response

craft

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:48 pm »

info in lyrics and bios columns (not sure about any others) aren't listed correctly
and the info disappears when you mouseover with the cursor

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:14:15 pm »

Try a search for badauth here.  There was a similar problem a couple of weeks ago and someone said that the password had to be exact (including case) and maybe length needed to be specific.

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:32:31 am »

My Ipod Touch 16GB reports a total size of 7.9GB although I didn't use the sync feature.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 06:26:28 am »

info in lyrics and bios columns (not sure about any others) aren't listed correctly
Everything works here. Even with Black Glacier there is no problem with displaying the lyrics for me... I'm using Vista.

BenRad

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 10:38:09 am »

It works for me. Thanks for fixing this.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 11:21:45 am »

Playing now & smartlist refresh

i created a smartlist with this formula:
"[Media Type]=[Audio] ~d=t"

then i removed all files from playing now and opened the smartlist again... all 'old' playing now files are shown.
if i click on 'refresh' nothing happend.

When i close and restart MC the smartlist is ok (empty).

Steve C

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 02:57:22 pm »

My Ipod Touch 16GB reports a total size of 7.9GB although I didn't use the sync feature.

My 16BG Touch shows 3.7GB used of 7.5GB and 0 Files total, this is after a restore to factory settings using itunes, Any Ideas ?

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 03:12:41 pm »

Duration is still broken for multiple file types (thousands). No response from anyone on this in 4 public builds....is it just me??

Shows in Playing Now but not in PlayingNow popup/plugin or in the duration tag field.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:14:39 pm »

Skinning problem (wrong color=bright red) with mouse-over in PIXOS negative:

JONCAT

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »

I'm not able to select any options in the volume drop down menu; the menu appears to be inactive.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 10:49:20 pm »

An Audio view scheme has been generated as a sub-scheme of Audio for some strange reason;  it appears to exactly mirror the main Audio scheme.

gappie

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:16:10 am »

format number is not working correctly

when i have a list with some test values (decimal standard) like

and i do formatnumber([test],1) i a pane, i get

the 3.10 is the format value of 3.95 and 3.99

thanks
 :)
gab

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:33:39 am »

This seems to be new in this version...

I am currently re-ripping a loads of old CD's to Flac. Usually while i am ripping one, I am tidying up the properties and tags from the previous one. In 456 the in-place editing of fields (artist/name etc etc.) seems to be very unresponsive while ripping another. Plus, everytime the rip process moves onto the next track i lose the "editing" state of whatever field i'm currently changing. I have to keep hitting F2 to get back into editing.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:10:59 am »

I'm not able to select any options in the volume drop down menu; the menu appears to be inactive.

I can confirm this one. The Volume options do not work when the menu is accessed from the speaker icon. The Player > Volume menu works normally.

EDIT

The problem seems to be skin related. After changing the active skin the "Speaker Icon > Volume menu" may start to work again.

With some skins this menu is not available at all. (Possibly these skins don't have code for this feature and it has never worked.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 09:35:41 am »

The smartlist bug is still there. Please take a look at this thread for details.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 01:12:02 pm »

I split the FLV posts to a new thread.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 01:19:13 pm »

Skinning problem (wrong color=bright red) with mouse-over in PIXOS negative:

That is the negative of the tree selection color:
RGB:0,187,255 -> RGB:255,68,0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 08:48:15 pm »

As I reported on the last public build, the Tivo server has stopped working for me.  I still connect fine, can browse playlists, select songs, etc..... they just never play.  No errors in the log, I can advance to the next track - but never ff or rewind in a song.  It just displays the track info without moving the time elapsed.....

JONCAT

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »

Matt - the color is not the same as the last build; IIRC it should simply be orange like the rest of the mouse-over colors. I believe there may be some correlation with the above bug confirmed by AlexB; the PixOS skin has issues with volume control menu as well.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 11:12:36 pm »

Matt - the color is not the same as the last build; IIRC it should simply be orange like the rest of the mouse-over colors.

DC

Did the non-inverted skin change its colors?  Because non-inverted it looked fine, and the inverted color had the right RGB values assuming the non-inverted was correct.

Any chance of a before and after screenshot?  Feel free to email it to matt at jriver dot com if that's easier.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:22 pm »

And yeah, I'm using the inverted or "negative" mode....looks like a birght sky blue without negative applied; that blue looks out of place as well.

I'm having some kind of problem with image tags; here;s the link.

http://lh6.google.com/Catuccio/R9svIlA4KiI/AAAAAAAAAPI/PK1ctkOsyx8/red.jpg

DC

ulvatne

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 04:49:05 am »

Same here, on my 32 GB Touch. Whats even worse, it doesn't sync at all. I.e. MC says OK, but returning to my Touch the songs transferred doesn't appear. I have tried initializing (in a process where MC says everyhing will be lost, which isn't true - except inside MC)

:(

My 16BG Touch shows 3.7GB used of 7.5GB and 0 Files total, this is after a restore to factory settings using itunes, Any Ideas ?

wolust1

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 06:06:42 am »

Same as Junior Woodchuck

all the lyrics was scrambled it works fine before

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:48 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 06:57:05 am »

Same here, on my 32 GB Touch. Whats even worse, it doesn't sync at all. I.e. MC says OK, but returning to my Touch the songs transferred doesn't appear. I have tried initializing (in a process where MC says everyhing will be lost, which isn't true - except inside MC)
Restart the Touch.  Right now it's required.   This should change soon.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 07:03:56 am »

Dragging and dropping files doesnt work. I've only tried it with album thumbnails sofar.

Cursoring through the expression field in the rename files from properties tool is behaving strangely. It doesnt scroll till you're well past the end of the visible field. Then deleting forward or backwards causes it to delete a character about 3 or 4 spaces ahead or behind where the cursor was.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 07:46:26 am »

MC keeps defaulting into Shuffle Mode in spite of the fact that I have gone as far as to remove the Shuffle button from my skin to prevent accidentally engaging shuffle.

Perhaps not a bug, but a hot key I may accidentally be hitting? If so, is there a way to disable it?
I hate shuffle when playing an album!
. . . the game is rigged

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 07:58:03 am »

MC is definitely hiding files when using the "autostack by name" feature. I haven't found a way to get the files back yet. They exist on the hard drive.

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 01:56:48 pm »

Still having the same memory leak issue I mentioned with the last version when listening to a sky.fm stream through Web Media.  I'm listening to the 'Top Hits Music' stream and MC's memory usage is jumping by about 32k every 3 seconds or so. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 02:00:05 pm »

Still having the same memory leak issue I mentioned with the last version when listening to a sky.fm stream through Web Media.  I'm listening to the 'Top Hits Music' stream and MC's memory usage is jumping by about 32k every 3 seconds or so. 
Matt answered you in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45438.msg312491#msg312491

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 02:23:29 pm »

Artist Info, when used from under Playing Now (displays within MC) brings up the proper result,
but using the Artist Info on the customized top Toolbar (displays in default browser) brings up erroneous results due to improper syntax:

from both MC12 and MJ12, AMG is giving this search:
DAVE MASON-AD-ALBUM=ALONE TOGETHER-AD-TITLE=ONLY YOU KNOW AND I KNOW

. . . the game is rigged

Steve C

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 04:03:41 pm »

Restart the Touch.  Right now it's required.   This should change soon.

I have tried switching off, reset to factory defaults, reboot PC, still nothing works for my 16GB Touch  ?

johnd126

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:00 am »

Matt answered you in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45438.msg312491#msg312491

Whoops, missed that.  Thanks.

Is there any way to shrink the size of that cache buffer?  I'm running (trying to run) Vista in 1Gig of RAM and losing 100MB just for an audio stream is quite a hit.  When MC gets close to the 100MB mark my entire computer bogs down since a lot of other stuff has to be paged to disk.  Quite honestly I'd rather have the odd glitch in the audio stream rather than gobble up that much RAM.

Pages: [1]   Go Up