INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import MJ12 files into MC11  (Read 3480 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Import MJ12 files into MC11
« on: March 21, 2008, 03:04:14 pm »

Let a colleague 'play' with my music files folders which they imported into MJ12 to try on the same PC where MC11 was previously installed and subsequently added and deleted a number of tracks and played with many tags, image files, etc.  MJ12 is still installed with all those files and working OK.

When I reinstalled MC11, my registered version, it seemed to create a slightly different set of tracks including some already deleted and modified by the MJ12 user and maybe is more like the original pre MJ12 set of files.   Was the MC11 data set retained on the PC after the program deletion?

If I choose, is it possible to use in the reinstalled MC11 the set of 'modified' data files created in MJ12?

Or do the two programs use different data sets?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import MJ12 files into MC11
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:17 pm »

MC12 and MC11.1 can be installed on the same PC.  Recent versions would be best.

You can use data from one with the other, but it is only a good idea when you're switching from one to the other, not in simultaneous use.

When you install each, make sure you install to a different location.

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:18:35 pm »

Many thank yous for very quick reply, Jim.  Don't you guys ever get any rest?   Great work.

Question relates to MJ 12 to MC11 though.   Will be upgrading to MC12 shortly so what will happen then?  Will it prefer the MJ 12 set or a MC11 set of data?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 03:35:06 pm »

Question relates to MJ 12 to MC11 though.   Will be upgrading to MC12 shortly so what will happen then?  Will it prefer the MJ 12 set or a MC11 set of data?
Sorry.  If MJ12 imported an MC11.1 library, it would convert it to a different format.  MC11.1 would not be able to use it.

MC12 could use the MJ12 data or could convert MC11.1 data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up