INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'iPod could not be properly identified' error....  (Read 2602 times)

kreed

• Recent member
'iPod could not be properly identified' error....
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:09:19 pm »

Hello.
I am new here and feeling more incapable of using my newest iPod with every passing moment.  I apologize if this is a repost, as I'm sure it might from other newbies like me.  I did scan some of the FAQ's but nothing stuck out right away.

I recently purchased a brand new 80 GB iPod Classic and have many songs on my PC hard drive that I'm hoping to load (and update on a regular basis).  I read many reviews on JRiver and everything I heard was good.  Therefore, I thought I'd check out the trial version first (as I've previously seen some bad attempts out there).

Anyway, I have a trial version of Media Center 12.0.4.451.  The problem I'm having since installing the trial version is that I receive the following error message when connecting the iPod and sporadically when doing things:
--- Your iPod could not be properly identified. Please check for an updated version of Media Center. iPod type: '000000000001'",1921,2 ---
Although I've just downloaded the trial version, I check for updates and it tells me no updates are available.

From everything I've seen of the software (primarily user interface), I like it and am willing to purchase it.  However, I can't seem to get past this error.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Keith

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 'iPod could not be properly identified' error....
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:47:46 am »

It may be too new for us to identify.

Please see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0

If you can be patient for a few days, we'll get it.

kreed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 08:39:16 am »

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the list and it is already listed on the posting:
B147 YMV iPod Classic (black), 80GB
(full model number is MB147LL)

Given it is already listed, is there a fix already.  Or is this what you're hoping to have in possibly a few days?

Thanks again!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:04:15 am »

This build (just released) is worth trying:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45746.0

There have been a lot of changes recently, to add support for Touch and iPhone, etc.  It's possible that something was broken in a few builds.

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:13:58 am »

You may have to restore the iPod with iTunes on a PC before we can recognize it. Also make sure in iTunes that the iPod setting 'Enable Disk Use' is on.

[edited by Matt to fix a typo]

kreed

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 01:52:26 pm »

Thanks again guys.  Tried the new update, but still same problem.

Also made sure I had the latest iTunes software, Restored the iPod once again, and confirmed the 'Enable Disk Use' was checked.

I'll check back every so often.  Once the iPod can be recognized, I hope to purchase the software and moev forward.

Thanks again for the support.

kreed

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:43:56 am »

After a few hours, I was able to get the songs from the PC's hard drive to the iPod (still receiving the 'could not identify the iPod' error the entire time).  Unfortunately after thinking I was successful in getting the songs there (after seeing them on the iPod), it appears that's all you can do, see them.  There's no sound.   :(

Too many hours and less than operable results.  I think I need to re-start the entire process in finding something that will transfer this music with something different.

I do appreciate the support that was offered.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 10:52:40 am »

Did you try MC's option under handhelds for "Redetect devices"?

kreed

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 11:34:06 am »

Yes, on several occasions.

SwellGuy

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:40:59 am »

kreed,

Please turn on logging to a file from the Help menu, restart MC, wait for about a minute, go back into the logging dialog and email me (rick at jriver dot com) the logs.

Thanks,
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up