INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ20 Dell Jukebox  (Read 1394 times)

rbnator

DJ20 Dell Jukebox
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:31:46 pm »

So after many attempts to find updated driver information for the DJ20 and exhausted searches on the internet for help I found a link to "jriver" that indicated that this program would resolve my problems. Downloaded the program plugged my player in and all of the songs, 6995 to be exact, were recognized. The problem now is none of them will play. I made sure the filters were off but I get a message saying "make sure the path in the media library points in the right direction and the files are not being filtered by access control" There is a little red x next to the song.  ? Am I still not going to use this player? any help would be appreciated

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DJ20 Dell Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:43:41 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  If you have a portable player that has content on it, you may or may not be able to play that content from the PC.  It depends on the device and on the method of supporting it.

Programs like MC can use MTP (Microsoft Transfer Protocol) to sync a device but this has limitations.

If the device shows up as a removable drive in Explorer, then you can probably play files from the PC player program.

Some devices have settings in their setup that allow you to run it either way.  They're usually called MTP or USB Mass Storage Device (or similar).  If yours has it, try both.

Are you using JRiver Media Center or Media Jukebox?

And... welcome to the forum.

rbnator

Re: DJ20 Dell Jukebox
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:28:09 pm »

nothing in the set up that would prevent me from downloading from my DJ20 to my computer. And I have tried both media center and media jukebox with the same results. I just don't get it. The only format that I was able to play from this device was using musicmatch. I thought since yahoo gobbled them up it would be transparent but thats not the case. Someone else said to try music monkey whatever that is. Here is yahoo's response to the same question.

Thank you for contacting us about the problem you are experiencing with Yahoo! Music services.

We regret you are having concerns transferring music to your portable device.

The portable device you're using is currently no longer supported by Windows Media Player. Since Yahoo! Music Jukebox uses the same application programming interface as Windows Media Player, it will return the error you are seeing returned while attempting to transfer tracks.

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device and request an updated driver. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you again for writing to Yahoo! Music.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  If you have a portable player that has content on it, you may or may not be able to play that content from the PC.  It depends on the device and on the method of supporting it.

Programs like MC can use MTP (Microsoft Transfer Protocol) to sync a device but this has limitations.

If the device shows up as a removable drive in Explorer, then you can probably play files from the PC player program.

Some devices have settings in their setup that allow you to run it either way.  They're usually called MTP or USB Mass Storage Device (or similar).  If yours has it, try both.

Are you using JRiver Media Center or Media Jukebox?

And... welcome to the forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up