INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Libraries question  (Read 1579 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Multiple Libraries question
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:18:20 am »

In MC11, i had two libraries, one for my 1,000 downloaded albums (DEFAULT) and one for my 350 ripped cd's (RETAIL). Both appeared on the libraries list and i could switch back and forth between the two.

I am now trying to do the same thing in MC12 and for the life of me i can't remember how i did it in MC11 and after much looking can't figure it out in MC12.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, all i am doing at this point is going to library menu in the MC12  and using restore for the MC11 (DEFAULT) library but now i can't figure out how to add the (RETAIL) library.

TC  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Multiple Libraries question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 08:21:52 am »

File/Library/Library Manager.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:36:02 am »

I tried library manager and its not working, to add the other library do i use "add" or "load". i try using "add" and it asks for a location and a name, i use browse but it only gets me to the folder but i still cant pick the mc library backup zip that i want.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 08:45:26 am »

tcman41,

The library back up / restore feature is separate from the Library Manager (File > Library > Back Up / Restore Library...). It always backs up or replaces (i.e. restores to) the currently active library.

You need to have a separate backup file from your RETAIL library.

In MC11: Load the RETAIL library and create a new library backup file.

In MC12: Create a new library and restore the backup file.

If you don' have MC11 installed anymore, but still have the actual library folder that contains the .jmd files from the "RETAIL" library you can point a new MC12 library to this folder. I would recommend backing up the contents of the "RETAIL" folder outside MC before proceeding (MC12 will convert the library files to the new database format).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:01:23 am »

I have backup files for each of my libraries in MC11, (DEFAULT) and (RETAIL).

In MC12 so far i just did restore library using (DEFAULT) from MC11.

So now all i have to do is go into library manger in MC12 and create a new library and then in that library, restore (RETAIL) from MC11, is this correct?

I am at work right now, so i can't try it until lunch at noon.

Thanks
TC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 09:29:07 am »

So now all i have to do is go into library manger in MC12 and create a new library and then in that library, restore (RETAIL) from MC11, is this correct?

Yes.

Remember to give the new library a preferred name. The restore process does not change the library name. It just replaces all library data with the restored data.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up